Overall Satisfaction with Facebook for Business
I recommend Facebook for Business as a marketing platform for all of my non-profit and business clients. I recommend it for brand awareness, client relationships and finding and influencing influencers. I use it to market my own business and I also have contractors who use it to benefit my clients. It is a free tool that allows you to leverage content marketing to promote your services as a small or medium sized business or non-profit organization.
- Allows for use of rich media including video, photos and links to blog articles.
- Includes your content in the newsfeeds of those who have connected with your Facebook Business page.
- Allows for relationship development through comments, likes, shares and emoticons.
- Allows for any user to participate and create as many business pages as needed and contribute as often as desired.
- Business Page content is not valued as highly for user newsfeeds as was previously.
- Organic search results aren't as highly valued as paid ads.
- It gets more and more complicated to use.
- Facebook for Business has helped me to make a business connection to people that I am connected to on my personal timeline - people that didn't know about my business.
- Enabled me to use this platform as a paid service for helping my market for my clients.
- Helped my clients form new relationships and follow up on leads.
- Google Plus
I have used Google Plus for Companys, but there is no comparison between the people that are regularly on Google Plus and Facebook. I don't see any reason why someone would choose to spend their time posting on Google Plus when they could be using Facebook for Business to market their company.
It is less suited for businesses that are not pursuing other online marketing channels as well. It is less suited for businesses that are not committed to regular interaction on Facebook for Business. It is not appropriate for businesses that want to market "adult" or "obscene" products or services, or any kind of products or services that are inappropriate for teens or children.