Overall Satisfaction with FileZilla
FileZilla is being used by me to access our company and client FTP web files. It assists with file backups and is a helpful tool when migrating sites. It provides a quick interface for access files that need updating. It solves the problem of remembering client accounts and makes it quick to navigate between client files.
- Creating multiple site sites and managing them is easy to navigate.
- File management is easy to use. Creating backups and managing updates of the remote site is a breeze.
- There could be a better interface for managing file and folder permissions.
- Uploading and downloading many files can sometimes be slow. An estimated time of completion could help make the transition more enduring.
- The positive impact is easy file management. Since we have multiple clients some of them have different host providers which offer their own FTP interface. Using FileZilla allows us to use one interface to interact with all of our client files.
- The return on investment is quick turnaround for updating files.
I've used Dreamweaver's FTP services. It allows you to lock and unlock files in a team environment. You can see who currently is updating a file on a site. I've also used Team Foundation Studios that provided the same feature. Comparing the locale and remote site is more prominent than on Filezilla.
I've always found the setup of FileZilla to be easy to use and setting up new sites has been quick. In working with FileZilla, I haven't had any issues. I rate it high because it's easy, quick, and free. I think anyone that is familiar with File Explorer can use FileZilla.
Do you think FileZilla delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with FileZilla's feature set?
Did FileZilla live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of FileZilla go as expected?
Would you buy FileZilla again?
When setting up multiple sites quickly, many sites offer a FileZilla file that quickly and easily sets up FTP access to their site. If updates are needed to many site files, downloading those many files may take time as opposed to updating them directly on the server. Keeping the local files up to date is important especially working in a team environment.