A Solid standard program.
https://www.trustradius.com/accountingFinancial Edge NXTUnspecified8.690101
Cameron Dunkin profile photo
September 15, 2017

A Solid standard program.

Score 7 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Financial Edge NXT

Financial Edge NXT is used to track all of our finances. It's used across the whole organization.
  • Allows for budget tracking and analysis
  • Good data pulls
  • Allows for maintaining client records and printing cheques electronically
  • It's quite expensive.
  • At times it can be restrictive in terms of ability for pulling reports
  • It's allowed for consolidation, tracking of records (especially historically), and efficiency. I enjoy having the one program for everything
  • Good support system when needed
  • Operational efficiency
  • Improved data accuracy
  • Improved insight into your organization's performance
  • Better ability to report to funders and key stakeholders
  • Automation of business processes
We've achieved a number of these outcomes. I also enjoy that it's cloud based so you can access it anywhere and from any computer. That really helps and is a marked improvement from Financial Edge. It's one of the big reasons we used it, so we don't need to rely on a server, and can have the updated interface. The regular version looks like it was designed in 1990, and is so dated. Some real improvements there.
I don't use everything in FE NXT, and am aware of that. We do use RE NXT, and I think having them together is a real plus. It is the big driver behind wanting to use FE NXT and not considering using other platforms.
I've used other small programs in previous jobs. They were fine as well. I don't know if any of them were much better or worse. But the linking to RE NXT makes it the best for us. Without RE, I don't know if we'd go for it necessarily.
It's well suited for non-profits, if you are using other Blackbaud suites. It's great that it links all together, but can be quite expensive and probably not essential if on its own. If you're a for-profit organization or a non-profit organization that doesn't rely on fundraising, I don't know if it would be my top choice.

Financial Edge NXT Feature Ratings

Credit card processing
Cost of goods sold
Pay calculation
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management