Overall Satisfaction with FireMon
We currently use FireMon for reviewing/cleaning up rules and plan to implement policy planner by the EOY. It improves and simplifies documentation.
Works great for our two failover pairs--this question may be better for a larger organization.
- Saves time
- Nice documentation
None. This is the first we have used.
Still learning the FireMon package, but the more I learn the better I like it. We have a small shop so I tend to jump between priorities.
FireMon Feature Ratings
Network Policy Management and Support
8 - System Admins, Network Admins Approver and Compliance for the approval process of our firewall rules
1 - Once it's was setup it basically runs itself except for patches and updates.
- provide documentation and approval process for firewall rule changes
- eliminate duplicate rules
- allows rule owner to review and verify rules are still required for business
- lest us know which rules are hit the most so we can move them to the top to help improve firewall performance
- don't know off hand
It improves documentation, save time and easy to use.
Evaluating FireMon and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Reputation
It was much easier the doing everything manually. Looking forward to getting the rule approval process in place.
It would be nice if we had control over creating the approval process without going through profession services.
Problems get solved
no haven't contacted them in a while
It save me time and I'm able to have the review - review the rule independently with using my time.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
- basic reports
- the more complex/custom reports can be challenging