FollowerWonk is used to supplement other social media monitoring and management tools. It is used by our digital marketing and content teams to provide deeper insight into our clients' Twitter followers and to help refine a client's content strategy. This is a great tool for any agency because it is able to sort Twitter followers by a number of different variables, most notably by the number of followers. FollowerWonk will provide a breakdown of followers to any Twitter account by social authority, helping determine which handles are worth reaching out to.
- Analyzing followers by region.
- Breaking out followers by social authority to inform outreach and content strategies.
- Exporting a full list of followers with bios and additional account information.
- To analyze a handle's followers, be prepared to wait up to 24 hours for the full report to be generated.
- There is no way for FollowerWonk to backfill follower number data, so you will only be able to use the tracking feature after you have begun to track a handle.
- The limit on the number of followers that can be sorted within the platform is fairly low, so big brands will have trouble with some of FollowerWonk's functionality.
- Insights from FollowerWonk have been used in proposals to help our agency win over new clients.
- Identifying your ideal posting times helps maximize the organic reach of your Tweets.
- The tracking feature, once implemented, increases efficiency by eliminating the need to dig through the Twitter Analytics platform.
We were not looking for a solution like FollowerWonk, but it was provided free of charge with our Moz Pro subscription so we decided to give it a try. The only other similar tool we have used is the now shut down Twitalyzer. Twitalyzer was more of a tracking tool, while FollowerWonk is focused on delivering valuable insights and granular follower data.
We will keep using it as long as it remains part of our Moz Pro subscription. If it were separated and the price point did not rise astronomically, we would be very likely to continue using the platform.
This is a great research and monitoring tool to supplement a social media management tool, but keep in mind that FollowerWonk is only able to examine Twitter data. This platform is great at what it does, and it is a great value-added tool for a Moz pro subscription, which is necessary for anyone serious about SEO.