Overall Satisfaction with FreeAgent
As a freelancer, working on projects and also time based billing, FreeAgent has helped streamline client account management, time billing, invoicing and accounting. It is indispensable to the way my business operates.
- Accounting! As you'd expect. Makes it much simpler andmore cost effective. In-coming and out-goings are recorded and assigned to projects and accounts. My accountant can access my books and reconcile so much more easily than trawling through spreadsheets.
- Time billing - time spent on projects/client work is recorded and is ready to be invoiced as required. Saves so much time and prevents inaccuracies.
- Invoicing - again, it should do this well and it does. Non payment reminders are automatic and clients have no excuses for not knowing the status of their account.
- Account dashboard - gives me an instant overview of the health of the business (am I on track to meet my yearly targets) and my accounts.
- When explaining bank transactions it's necessary to click the 'More Options' to add a receipt number.
- Perhaps receipt numbering could be automatic.
- The ROI represented by FreeAgent for me has been in the reduced time to produce accounts - shaved days off the end of year hassle.
- The ease of time tracking has also introduced a more disciplined approach to time tracking and project/client account management.
I used Fresh Books for about three years prior to switching to FreeAgent. It was the accounting functionality that made the difference - in the past two years I've not regretted the switch. Fresh Books is good, but its the UK accounting features that make FreeAgent indispensable to my business.
FreeAgent is particularly suited to freelancers and SMEs that have project and/or time based billing.
FreeAgent Feature Ratings
It's simple to use, intuitive, and makes my life simpler - not much more is required of software.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Invoicing - adding time spent/expenses to an invoice is very easy.
- The dashboard is very clear and useful.
Yes, but I don't use it