Overall Satisfaction with FreshBooks
FreshBooks is used primarily by our CEO and by me to manage our day to day invoicing and expenses. With around 80-100 clients at any given time, it helps us both manage and streamline our invoicing, and helps us gauge month to month outgoing and incoming costs.
- By far the number one strength of FreshBooks is customer service - they always immediately pick up (no wait time) and can answer any question within minutes. They are easy to understand, friendly, and always willing to go the extra mile to help out. This is one of those rare situations where it is actually easier to pick up the phone then trying to search through FAQs for the answer.
- In general, the interface is easy to use. Everything is fairly easy to find and straightforward.
- The Recent Activity feed on the left side of your browser window is great- at any given time you can see a snapshot of any activity within your account, whether that may be changes you made yourself, another team member made, or even if a client logged in to view their invoice.
- While I love the Recent Activity feed on the left, you can only view a certain number of activities. It would be great if there were a view more button to see all recent activity, especially if it's a busy day and a lot is going on.
- While the interface is very easy to use, sometimes you have to click multiple times in order to get to a view you want. It would be great if you could more easily toggle between options within a client (if buttons for recurring, all invoices, the client's profile, etc. were all available for a specific client instead of across the board.)
- From an organizational standpoint, FreshBooks has helped keep everything very streamlined so it would be difficult to make any big accounting errors.
It serves our purposes well - we can easily create invoices, see a history of a client, create recurring profiles, etc. I love the home page view that shows you how much has been invoiced over the past 5 months, how much money within each month has been received, and your total outstanding invoices. It's a great snapshot of how you're doing.
If customer service is your number one factor, FreshBooks is definitely the choice to go with. However, if you're trying to do complex things within one client's account, the interface isn't necessarily set up to make this as easy as possible. If you have recurring invoices (i.e. a client is always billed at the same time either weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.) this is extremely easy to set up.