Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2019
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Dashboards (49)

Accounts receivable (48)

Standard reports (48)

Expense management (44)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of FreshBooks, and make your voice heard!

Lite

Plus

Premium

$15

per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.freshbooks.com/?ref=11573&ut…

Customization

6.4

Security

Reporting & Analytics

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting

Order Management

What is FreshBooks?

FreshBooks is an accounting service for small businesses. The solution enables users to send and manage invoices, track billable time and collect online payments. The vendor’s value proposition this that their solution provides a straightforward service that simplifies the billing process.

FreshBooks Features

• Supported: Plug-ins

Security Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions

FreshBooks Screenshots

DashboardInvoice OverviewBeautiful, Customizable InvoicesInvoice seamlessly across devicesExpensesTime TrackingTime TrackingTime TrackingTime TrackingApp IntegrationsRecurring BillingPaymentsReportsProjects

FreshBooks Videos

Accounting, for the Non-Accountant.
Say Hello to FreshBooks Cloud Accounting

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is FreshBooks's best feature?

Reviewers rate Self-service portal highest, with a score of 9.1.

Who uses FreshBooks?

The most common users of FreshBooks are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Armand Ruci | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is a relative novice compared to the giant Quickbooks application that has been around for years and it is established as the go-to app for account management and invoicing. I would say that in a few years, FreshBooks can become a threat to QuickBooks but it will take a bit more time for them to compete with a giant like QuickBooks.
We do not consider other options since our client wants the implementation of this platform in order to use it in the two countries where it has operations. At the moment, full integration was not possible and we still share the information with a Mexican system to complete everything necessary.
I selected FreshBooks because it combined Toggl, Harvest and Quickbooks features into a single system. This simple move allowed for me to save money on the tools and in turn bring all client data into a single portal.

FreshBooks is easy to use and automatically generates the accounts based on available data!
Tim Vahsholtz | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks allows for more than one payment portal, automatically creates, sends, and/or auto charges invoices, and has a more robust automatic emailing system, as compared to PayPal Payments. PayPal Payments is more suited to "one-off" transactions, in my opinion. Also, it is much easier to generate reports through FreshBooks, when compared to PayPal.
FreshBooks is easy to implement and the onboarding process is straightforward. It has great user interface to navigate and any user can easily start using it. It also offers customization of the modules/reports. Most importantly invoice tracking is a great module. It is offered at a better price compared with other softwares available on the market. Customer support is great and always quick, responsive, and very full during onboarding time.
Lou Gallo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I looked at QuickBooks but they only had desktop products and I was interested in a hosted solution. Freshbooks has always been ahead of their competition in this area of mobile, on the go use cases where a modern platform can be used to stay up to date and accessible from anywhere. Today there are many more competitors but I have not bothered looked since Freshbooks seems to continue to invest in making their platform awesome and current as time passes.
Gary Shouldis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We considered using Xero for our invoicing due to the more advanced accounting features but chose FreshBooks because it offered recurring payments. Xero did not offer this critical feature at the time of purchase. And since invoicing was our main priority, FreshBooks did a much better and easier job when it came to creating and sending invoices.
Dana Darla | TrustRadius Reviewer
It was not my choice to select FreshBooks, but my client finds it easier to do billing with FreshBooks over QuickBooks.
Ryan Freeman | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is an invoicing software that wants to do accounting.
Xero is an accounting software that wants to do billing.
Both are pretty solid at their core functionality, and weak on the other. However, it's a shorter step for Xero to add interest and recurring CC billing, so that's where we anticipate our future path leading.
Years ago we started using FreshBooks and then decided to look for a less expensive option. After trying multiple solutions, we went back to FreshBooks and haven't looked back since. That was over 10 years ago.

No service can compete with their functionality, pricing, and support. All of the other services lacked important features and/or didn't respond to pre-sale/support questions.
Yemsi Pino | TrustRadius Reviewer
The software we selected is because the learning curve is very kind. Once we draw the way we manage our business, we understand we have to make some changes in order to adjust to the new software. This software allows us to reflect every aspect of the business, costs and income, every one of them detailed. The software allows us to let technical people manage their own time and prepare products and send tickets to the administration department to send invoices, focusing on the geographical job. This also allows us to manage the whole business and to know each other as a small business to run.
Amara Omoregie | TrustRadius Reviewer
I really liked Wave Apps for a bit. It had some limitations, but I really like how easy it was to use and intuitive. Great pricing too. So I would recommend that over Freshbooks at this point for someone who is just getting started. Quickbooks is great for accounting. Super complicated to use unless you have an accountant or someone that is using it for you. Xero was even more complicated for someone like me that just wanted to record expenses, input invoices, pay bills, and get a cashflow report. I also want to see project profitability and that's not the easiest to do on any of these systems.
Asia Matos | TrustRadius Reviewer
Don't get me wrong — I like Xero for accounting purposes. But Xero's invoicing isn't great. There's too many features I depend on that FreshBooks has that Xero just does not. I need to be able to take deposits, send automatic reminders, and create an extremely user-friendly experience. Xero is great for accounting, but doesn't provide that experience. That's why FreshBooks was a no-brainer for me. I technically use both, but FreshBooks specifically for invoicing.
Brandon Loyche | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is hands down the best software for collecting invoices, payments, tracking time and managing expenses we have ever used. I am an avid user and fan and have been and will continue to be. They are keen on the updates, on listening to customers feedback and making constant improvements. It's easy to use, learn, and integrate.
You have to know why you want to establish an online solution. Understanding what you want to accomplish will probably lead you to FreshBooks as it has the cleanest, simplest design going and it accomplished its tasks without being a burden.
Kristina Kadykeeva | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love that I can truly give an estimate on the spot and afterward transform it into a receipt. I can begin working with my customer instantly. It is similarly wonderful that I can do it anywhere and it incorporates with Stripe, which collects numerous monetary forms so we can have the worldwide business we have and offer the help my customers so urgently require!
Joshua Burcham | TrustRadius Reviewer
I actually switched from a FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online combination to using Harvest and Xero at the request of my bookkeeper. It seems like FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online are both market leaders in their space. Harvest is more focused on time tracking than being an overall small business solution. I like Harvest, but I do miss the features of FreshBooks. I'm considering switching back at the end of the year.
Ashish Parihar | TrustRadius Reviewer
I liked the user interface of FreshBooks better than QuickBooks. It is built in a way that as soon as the user gets used to the various accounting features, invoicing and billing becomes so fast in FreshBooks. It is created with user friendliness in mind along with good accounting features. Also, the 30 day free trial is another attractive feature for small business owners or freelancers.
Julio A Rivas | TrustRadius Reviewer
FreshBooks is more simple to implement and very fast to adapt into a small business operation that is looking for an international operation market. About this direction, we are not a large enough company to get SAP Business and have a complicated implementation operation. And above of all this, the permits granted are going to be demanding, but I'm involved with a small business and I have to be focus on my goals and my route to get there.