Overall Satisfaction with Freshdesk
We use Freshdesk to help our clients become more customer centric and drive customer loyalty. It is used by our client's customer experience division as a ticket management tool across various customer touch points. It provides multi-lingual customer support which is a must for global companies. Also, it enables support across all the channels from a single solution. Various channels include email, phone, live chat, etc. It also supports integration with various social media management tools like Sprout Social and HootSuite through which it is able to provide support through social mediums like Facebook and Twitter as well.
- The ticket management capability of Freshdesk is its main strength. It helps increase productivity by assigning tickets to agents depending on pre defined rules and sometimes even sends template responses for FAQs.
- Freshdesk truly provides omni channel support by accepting tickets from social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. It is very important as social media is becoming a powerful medium for customers to express their views and thus important for businesses to keep an eye on customer concerns in social media. With Freshdesk, one does not need to have a separate social media management tool for the primary purpose to generating tickets.
- Mobile application support is inbuilt in the core application. With more and more retail businesses moving to applications as another customer touch point, it is imperative to have a customer support interface within the mobile app.
- Freshdesk still needs to support more social media platforms like LinkedIn and others as these have become an important medium to generate leads for the business.
- Although, Freshdesk is mainly a ticket management solution but I would love it if they could incorporate other features of a social media management solution like tracking what is being said about the business and responding to all the channels from within Freshdesk. This will help avoid the need to buy two solutions for any customer centric organization.
- Freshdesk's in-app capability seems a bit limited. One can not launch consumer surveys from within the app and also there is no live chat support within the app. Analytics is also limited and it does not support advanced features like customer segmentation.
- The turnaround time for response to customers has reduced to a great extent.
- The productivity of the agents can be monitored and tracked in real time which helps in keeping a check on individual and overall productivity.
- Now, every single customer concern gets captured as a ticket, even from social media.
There is no round the clock telephone support available from the Freshdesk support team even with the Forest package while Zendesk provides round the clock support over phone for the enterprise package. Zendesk does not have a live chat feature as a part of the core package and sells Zopim Live chat separately. Freshdesk does not offer two factor authentication as well.
Freshdesk is appropriate if the organization has operations across various geographies and needs support in multiple languages. Also, if an organization is looking for a ticket management solution which can create tickets from Facebook and Twitter as well, Freshdesk is an appropriate solution. If you are looking for a solution which is ITIL compliant, Freshdesk is not the correct choice.