I ain't no Genius!
December 18, 2014
I ain't no Genius!
Score 6 out of 10
- Small Business
Overall Satisfaction with Genius
We previously used Genius for the back end marketing for our company. We have the cold-calling, sales team at the front end who never used it, but on the back end where we are marketing our clients to other buyers we used Genius on a daily basis. Genius was great for sending out one-off campaigns to buyers for each of our clients (currently 500 in market), giving us valuable reporting and tracking systems.
- Reporting - we can send out emails all day, but if we don't have something to report to the client after-the-fact it voids the entire process. Genius provided a visually stimulating reporting tool.
- Tracking - Genius was great at tracking opens, clicks, bounces, hard bounces, etc. This helped us clean up our system as we sent campaigns out.
- CRM Integration - Genius was great about tracking each contact (in Salesforce) and their activity via emails.
- CRM Integration - Although Genius was great at tracking individual activity, there wasn't a way to pull over specific campaign details (ie, bounces, deliverables, statistics, charts). Our end-users not participating in the direct campaign had no way of knowing the results from within Salesforce.
- Communication - I had a difficult time contacting Genius when I had issues or questions.
- More satisfied clients due to increased buyer activity.
- More deals closed because a larger span of buyer interest was reached.
The communication was insufficient at the end of our contract and after, which makes it difficult to work with as a primary product. The pricing was extremely attractive, but kind of lead to "you pay for what you get", which doesn't work in a company our size. I do think the ease of use was higher than our current contract, but the CRM integration was lower.
- Email marketing
- List segmentation
- Sales campaigns
- Integration with CRM system
Genius is well-suited for a smaller company looking to do one-off campaigns and not necessarily needing to track within a separate system. For example, the professional version of Salesforce is probably an ideal size for Genius. For a more enterprise/larger company I wouldn't suggest Genius be used.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using