Overall Satisfaction with GitHub
We are currently using GitHub as a code hosting platform and a collaboration tool to get others involved in the work we do. For us it solves the problem of getting open source contributors to collaborate with us and using the GitHub actions we can easily deploy to different instances of our hosting platforms.
- GitHub actions easily help manage pipelines of the application and with these, you can do code health checks and deploy to any platform.
- Proper clean and simple project management via issues and boards.
- Analytics of one's contribution over a period of time.
- It has lots of widely popular open source projects.
- The project management could be a bit more robust by proving epics.
- Would be better to be able to merge organization and personal account contribution over the year.
- Actions marketplace could be better by automatically installing them in the specified repo.
- GitHub actions
- Security and vulnerability scans
- GitHub pages
- It made it easy to reach our customers.
- It made it easy to launch our product and connect with other contributors.
- We spent less by continuously deploying using GitHub Actions.
One biggest reason is that GitHub is popular and used by many so it is easy to get contributions this also means that most people are already familiar with using GitHub. GitLab does offer more features and has more rich pipelines with the free repository as well but GitHub is still good to go tool
Do you think GitHub delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GitHub's feature set?
Did GitHub live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GitHub go as expected?
Would you buy GitHub again?
If you want to put up an opensource repository, GitHub is a great place to do so, You can also learn from different open-source projects that are. As a business you can have multiple private repos for free and you can benefit from GitHub actions and be able to manage your project via issues, milestones, and pull requests.