Overall Satisfaction with GoDaddy
We use GoDaddy as our website management as well as our email platform. Everyone in the company uses the email function, as we all have our own individual or department emails with the company name at the end. This is what I have the most experience with. The company website is also managed and run through GoDaddy's platform which helps us provide information to our customers.
- Customer service has great hours of availability. When things go wrong, and they will, it is nice to have the ability to get in touch with someone.
- Wide variety of services. GoDaddy can be a one stop shop if you are looking for marketing and email services. They offer more than just domains and email platforms.
- Once set up, very easy to use.
- Customer service is lacking. One agent will tell you one thing and you will call back and get a completely different answer.
- Beware of upgrades. They did a huge system update a couple years ago and everything didn't switch exactly as it was supposed to.
- The packages can be a bit confusing.
- Definitely a positive ROI because we are able to have a website to get information out there in addition to our social media pages. It brings everything together in one place. Companies with websites are way more credible than those without.
- We are planning on hosting our online store through GoDaddy, as well, which will also increase our ROI.
We use Wix currently for our online store. It is nice and easy to use, but they don't offer the email domains as well (the last time we checked). They have pretty decent customization of the web page, but still limited. We're going to try it with GoDaddy, since we have other services from them already. It just doesn't make sense to pay two different companies for something we can do with one.
GoDaddy, in my experience, is very good for email platforms with a custom domain name. They use the Microsoft 365 platform for handling emails, which is nice, especially if you already use Outlook. It is also good for those inexperienced in website building. Their website builder is very easy to use, but doesn't offer too much if you are looking to do something completely custom.