Reviews (1-25 of 69)
- It maintains all of our info gathered into one cloud-based repository.
- SurveyMonkey does a good job of having non-users being able to quickly develop a survey. If you've ever used Facebook you can use SurveyMonkey.
- I think SurveyMonkey could do a better job of analytics at the basic level. While we have a mid-tier program, if you want robust analytics you need to be at a higher price point.
- Some of the training modules are a bit lengthy and could be better served if broken into shorter topics. More like a FAQ library.
- Puts together a professional-looking survey
- Helps organize results and information
- Keeps past surveys for future reference
- Some areas of the system seem a little glitchy but could be user error, after trying different ways I can get it to do what I need it to do.
- I don't really have complaints, I am happy with the system for what we use it for. It meets our needs.
- It does a great job by tailoring what you use it for, whether it's in college to do a survey for a project, see what the team wants to do for activities in the workplace, or even propose a new change to the company and get an idea of how people will react to this.
- I love that the answers provided by the users remain anonymous, this allows you to get an accurate answer.
- SurveyMonkey can be used in so many ways and I think so many people can use it for a variety of reasons, it'd be interesting to see how else they can grow into a new space.
- When waiting for results, since it is anonymous it doesn't tell you who has not completed the survey. If there was a way for it to constantly be in your inbox to prompt the person to complete it quickly, that'd be great.
- We have used SurveyMonkey to play superlatives in the office. For example, you can ask any question and then throw the names of your work colleagues as the options and then everyone will have to pick who they think fits that superlative. This makes for lots of fun!
- We use it when deciding what type of activity our team would like to do at work outings.
- I've also used it in the past for miscellaneous college projects.
- The surveys are easy to replicate, saving our team time to create any new surveys necessary.
- Surveys are easy to brand and personalise, which is necessary for any large company.
- Question suggestions and optimisation is both available and easy to use.
- Offering more integrations with other sites and services would be helpful.
- Additional design functionalities would be beneficial - for internal design teams for instance to be able to upload various designs seamlessly.
- Offer better management of team accounts - making it easier to automatically share all surveys regardless of the individual account (that is under a group company account).
- It's very cost-effective.
- It's very intuitive.
- Very robust with features like data analysis, skip logic, etc.
- More complex questions are a bit of a challenge to format in the software.
- While it does have a ton of free features - It would be nice if they could add a few of the premium (paid) features to the free version.
- The fact that their logo appears on the survey is a bit disconcerting, but I think many folks have come to accept this.
- Easy to create surveys.
- Users can complete on any device.
- Question types are clear and easy to navigate.
- Easy to build from scratch, the wizard approach takes you through steps.
- Easy to collect answers: a really easy way to distribute the survey as needed.
- Quick analysis as responses are sent because managers want 'early results,' so having the statistics nicely ready right away is good.
- UI is too loaded; there's a mix of the functions, "added value" info (like tips and benchmark data) and upgrades offered.
- Speed of the site could be better. Not that it is extremely slow, but if work a lot with the site, it might be painful.
- Although the wizard approach for building surveys A-Z is great, it would also be great to have a shortcut to build and send short "quick and dirty" surveys.
- Ease of use.
- A wide variety of question types.
- Can easily import email addresses.
- The basic plan eliminated the option to export data. This should be free.
- There needs to be a more cost-effective option for small businesses.
This survey is applied by the communications team, once the marketing department authorizes it.
- It is an easy program to use. You do not need to be an expert.
- It has excellent templates to use for different reasons.
- The platform offers you questions that you can use in your own surveys.
- When we send the surveys by mail, they arrive as spam.
- The free version is very limited. It is not flashy.
- On several occasions, I have not been allowed to correct surveys after I do them.
Now, if this page is used for farandole purposes or gossip, I do not believe that it has receptivity in people, besides it would detract seriousness from this company.
- It is free
- Great concept to collect data
- Easy to send to multiple people
- Not super user-friendly to read the data
- Can't read all answers individually or always know who they are from
- The app version could be improved
- Extremely easy to use with a lot of features and abilities built within.
- Large library of templates and questions to sample from.
- Reports for data.
- Could improve design options.
- Pricing for education.
- Allows a unified way to collect responses.
- Allows users to unsubscribe and keeps track so that we don't keep sending emails to them.
- Provides an easy survey template.
- Provides an easier way to export responses.
- A strength for SurveyMonkey is that it is very user friendly. If one should become stuck in an area, the guides that are provided work nicely.
- Allowing for a large number of participants to be mailed at once is a huge plus.
- Being able to offer providers a link directly, being FB friendly, is a HUGE plus for our business.
- I truly feel there is room for improvement around the cost associated with an account. We are a 100% nonprofit, do not raise any type of funds, operating solely on a grant. Providing a deep discount for nonprofits like myself would get you further word of mouth than a review.
- SurveyMonkey makes it really easy to create surveys and structure different questions. There's a good variety of different question types to select from.
- The workflow of the survey builder makes a lot of sense and is very user-friendly. You don't need to be super tech savvy to use the platform.
- I've been impressed with the reporting features that SurveyMonkey provides. It has multiple chart types to select from to view the survey responses. It also lets you export all the results as a CSV.
- The design capabilities in SurveyMonkey are pretty limited. The templates they provide aren't great.
- The survey logic flow could be better. If you want to use conditional logic in your survey you need to have all questions on their own pages. I prefer Qualtrics in this sense.
- A lot of the main things you need require an upgrade, such as adding a logo to the survey. So any brand hoping to use SurveyMonkey will definitely need to upgrade their plan.
SurveyMonkey is not for businesses that need to do more in-depth and complex research. In this scenario, a platform like Qualtrics would be much better suited. SurveyMonkey's features and capabilities are too basic to meet these needs.
- Providing statistics based off answered questions and giving you a date range of when the responses were received
- The options for how to form your questions for answering is great as well. You can choose just 2 options or multiple.
- Showing how long it would take to complete the survey is nice, because sometimes when I take surveys I never fully know how long it will take to complete.
- Initially using SurveyMonkey was a little hard. Just becoming familiar with all the things you can do. It would be cool if they had an instructional that maybe pointed out things you can do if you're new to the program.
- It is very easy to create and modify surveys, you just have to make some clicks to be able to configure it and give it a personal touch.
- The program tabulates and gives results automatically, so you should not break your head to create graphics.
- If you are looking to make some simple surveys, you can use the free version without problem, which is really good since not everyone has money to invest in these programs.
- Nothing in particular.
SurveyMonkey Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
According to the vendor, SurveyMonkey is trusted by 98% of Fortune 500 companies and is used in over 350,000 organizations. Additionally, the vendor says SurveyMonkey’s people powered data platform gives millions of people around the world a way to turn feedback into action that drives growth and innovation.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Visit our website for details: https://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/
SurveyMonkey Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SurveyMonkey Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|