SurveyMonkey provides free, customizable surveys, and a suite of paid, back-end programs that include data analysis, sample selection, bias elimination, and data representation tools. SurveyMonkey also offers large-scale, enterprise options for companies interested in data analysis, brand management, and consumer focused marketing.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/lT/Cn/T49693GZT3H2.JPEGSurveyMonkey -- Get necessary Customer PerspectiveCurrently, I have been using SurveyMonkey for some of my online personal training clients that I don't get too much 1-on-1 interaction with. This helps me understand my clients' needs and make sure I am providing them the best quality training. This also helps my business grow and provides me with constructive feedback based on each specifically tailored survey.,It's simple to use. Instantaneous setup/usage. The design/user interface is ergonomic and clean.,The basic plan is quite limited. Automation can be difficult. Setting up surveys may take some time.,9,SurveyMonkey has helped me restructure my company internally. It has allowed my company to learn what the customer desires. Some clients are brutally honest, and that's okay too.,Customer Surveys Research StudiesIt can do all we need in our surveys and more. Worth using if surveying is important in your organization.Used mainly internally to survey usage and satisfaction with the organization's system, mainly around training and knowledge. Also, from time to time, to survey customers satisfaction.,Easy to build from scratch, the wizard approach takes you through steps. Easy to collect answers: a really easy way to distribute the survey as needed. Quick analysis as responses are sent because managers want 'early results,' so having the statistics nicely ready right away is good.,UI is too loaded; there's a mix of the functions, "added value" info (like tips and benchmark data) and upgrades offered. Speed of the site could be better. Not that it is extremely slow, but if work a lot with the site, it might be painful. Although the wizard approach for building surveys A-Z is great, it would also be great to have a shortcut to build and send short "quick and dirty" surveys.,8,In our case, there is no direct impact. We just found it beneficial to have a rather basic paid plan and have it handy whenever we have to collect feedback and opinions after some effort.,MS SharePoint and Google Forms,Employee Surveys Customer Surveys,Allowing other access to the responses data, even if they don't have a SM account.,Adding logo and other branding items.,5You Will Be Bananas for SurveyMonkey!We use SurveyMonkey to collect data for our annual goals and objectives assessment. This software is easy to use and provides clear survey analysis while providing visually pleasing charts. By being web-based, we can access our data from any location. Many departments across our campus use SurveyMonkey for data collection.,Ease of use. A wide variety of question types. Can easily import email addresses.,The basic plan eliminated the option to export data. This should be free. There needs to be a more cost-effective option for small businesses.,10,Provided a great tool for customer satisfaction. Our respondents found it easy to use. Detailed analytics.,Poll Everywhere,EMS Software, Hootsuite, Facebook Pages Manager,Customer SurveysTotal Ease and AccessibilitySurveyMonkey is used to create ad-hoc surveys in a variety of offices, to a variety of constituents on campus. They can vary from short to long and have simple to complex logic. It gives us a way to collect data, quickly and easily, about events and topics on campus, past and future.,Easy to build. Easy to mail out. Easy to view results.,Could use more complex logic.,10,SurveyMonkey has made surveying easy and affordable. It has opened up options to survey things that we might not have done before. I appreciate that we can go back and review our data for some time.,Qualtrics,Employee SurveysDo you like to do surveys? Try this program out!We are a company that offers entertainment services: live music, DJ, karaoke, and also organize celebrations such as weddings, birthdays or any special activity. We have a team that contributes the ideas, but it is always necessary to know in which direction the new tendencies go and we like, when we finish our work, to collect the information of the clients, to know their opinions about our work. This survey is applied by the communications team, once the marketing department authorizes it.,It is an easy program to use. You do not need to be an expert. It has excellent templates to use for different reasons. The platform offers you questions that you can use in your own surveys.,When we send the surveys by mail, they arrive as spam. The free version is very limited. It is not flashy. On several occasions, I have not been allowed to correct surveys after I do them.,9,We have known what our clients say, which has allowed us to correct things in our work. Because we have corrected some mistakes, our customers are more satisfied with our work and they call us again. Very few people have not wanted to answer the surveys, because they believe that we are persecuting them to tell us the information, but they have been few.,Google Forms,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Sublime Text,Customer Surveys
SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey Reviews

SurveyMonkey
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 608 vetted SurveyMonkey reviews and ratings

Christian Oquendo profile photo
May 18, 2019

Review: "SurveyMonkey -- Get necessary Customer Perspective"

• It's simple to use.
  • Instantaneous setup/usage.
  • The design/user interface is ergonomic and clean.
  • The basic plan is quite limited.
  • Automation can be difficult.
  • Setting up surveys may take some time.
For many service-based businesses, SurveyMonkey performs extremely well and can be highly compatible. It can also be used for products as well, to give proper insight and perspective on the customer's experience with said product or software. SurveyMonkey may not be the best in wholesale businesses or larger-based businesses. I believe every company's post-QA team should be the customer or client.
Read Christian Oquendo's full review
Eldad Arad profile photo
May 16, 2019

SurveyMonkey Review: "It can do all we need in our surveys and more. Worth using if surveying is important in your organization."

• Easy to build from scratch, the wizard approach takes you through steps.
  • Easy to collect answers: a really easy way to distribute the survey as needed.
  • Quick analysis as responses are sent because managers want 'early results,' so having the statistics nicely ready right away is good.
  • UI is too loaded; there's a mix of the functions, "added value" info (like tips and benchmark data) and upgrades offered.
  • Speed of the site could be better. Not that it is extremely slow, but if work a lot with the site, it might be painful.
  • Although the wizard approach for building surveys A-Z is great, it would also be great to have a shortcut to build and send short "quick and dirty" surveys.
Lately, we send customers satisfaction surveys. SurveyMonkey was a good tool for that, as all the requirements were met (question types, distributing, collecting the data, the ability to turn the collector on/off, and download the numbers to an XLS file). What we were missing though, is the option to send the same questions in different languages in a way that collect responses regardless of the language the survey is written in.
Read Eldad Arad's full review
Trish Lofton profile photo
May 09, 2019

User Review: "You Will Be Bananas for SurveyMonkey!"

• Ease of use.
  • A wide variety of question types.
  • Can easily import email addresses.
  • The basic plan eliminated the option to export data. This should be free.
  • There needs to be a more cost-effective option for small businesses.
SurveyMonkey is great for market research, customer satisfaction surveys, or collecting assessment data. This software could be used in so many areas where data collection is needed.
Read Trish Lofton's full review
Sarah Daggett profile photo
May 08, 2019

SurveyMonkey Review: "Total Ease and Accessibility"

• Easy to build.
  • Easy to mail out.
  • Easy to view results.
  • Could use more complex logic.
We have used SurveyMonkey for everything from informal surveys to more formal, organization-wide surveys. Really, there isn't much SurveyMonkey can't do! I recommend it wholeheartedly. It is simple and easy to use and helps you to quickly accomplish what you need to. I can't think of many scenarios where it isn't appropriate, unless you need something with more complex logic (detailed "if, then" kinds of things).
Read Sarah Daggett's full review
Miguel Brito profile photo
May 03, 2019

SurveyMonkey Review: "Do you like to do surveys? Try this program out!"

• It is an easy program to use. You do not need to be an expert.
  • It has excellent templates to use for different reasons.
  • The platform offers you questions that you can use in your own surveys.
  • When we send the surveys by mail, they arrive as spam.
  • The free version is very limited. It is not flashy.
  • On several occasions, I have not been allowed to correct surveys after I do them.
This survey page has great potential when it comes to knowing the opinions of the clients, or when you want to make a focus group. Knowing these opinions allows you to correct some wrong decisions that have been made.

Now, if this page is used for farandole purposes or gossip, I do not believe that it has receptivity in people, besides it would detract seriousness from this company.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
Sarah Lightman profile photo
April 27, 2019

SurveyMonkey Review: "My survey monkey experience hangs well"

It helps me make decisions for future creative projects and understand feedback from fans, musicians, and industry professionals. It helps me improve my inventory of songs.
  • Accessible
  • Simple
  • Free
  • Shareable
  • Convenient
  • Discrete
  • Uploading mp3 files for surveys.
  • Video and photos for surveys.
  • More survey tutorials.
I think it’s well suited for finding what songs and videos people will favor, asking a poll of what cities to tour. It’s well suited for universities and research projects. I think Survey monkey is less suited for those ages under 10 or for youth unable to read or provide critical thinking.
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
Stacey Pagan profile photo
November 26, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Surveying Customers"

We utilize SurveyMonkey for a variety of surveys we conduct, but mainly for our large spring survey. This program is being utilized specifically by CCR&R. SurveyMonkey allows for us to survey a wide number of providers in order to collect data for the following year.
  • A strength for SurveyMonkey is that it is very user friendly. If one should become stuck in an area, the guides that are provided work nicely.
  • Allowing for a large number of participants to be mailed at once is a huge plus.
  • Being able to offer providers a link directly, being FB friendly, is a HUGE plus for our business.
  • I truly feel there is room for improvement around the cost associated with an account. We are a 100% nonprofit, do not raise any type of funds, operating solely on a grant. Providing a deep discount for nonprofits like myself would get you further word of mouth than a review.
SurveyMonkey is well suited for someone collecting data for more than 10 questions. It's also suited for those that have a large population to survey.
Read Stacey Pagan's full review
Karee Smith profile photo
May 03, 2019

"SurveyMonkey Review"

I like being able to send out questionnaires to my potential new customers to review their goals, needs, wants/desires, etc., to help them best pick a program and product.
  • It is free
  • Great concept to collect data
  • Easy to send to multiple people
  • Not super user-friendly to read the data
  • Can't read all answers individually or always know who they are from
  • The app version could be improved
It is great for anonymous surveys
Read Karee Smith's full review
Jamie Bell profile photo
December 10, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Survey Monkey in the Hospital world"

Department-specific client satisfaction surveys. In this case, the performance and needs of the Medical Conference and Education Center at Children's Hospital Colorado. Polling satisfaction with our services such as Video Conferencing, A/V Support, training opportunities for large event, and CME planning.
  • The options for question-types.
  • Reports for data-gathering.
  • QR code.
  • Logic questions are not as user-friendly.
SurveyMonkey is extremely useful with customer satisfaction surveys. Works well when you have clear options to choose from, but anything more vague or that requires a longer explanation does not work as well in data gathering.
Read Jamie Bell's full review
Becca Sangwin profile photo
November 26, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Serves the Basic Needs of Most Businesses"

SurveyMonkey is mostly used by the marketing department to send out post-event surveys and product surveys. Other team members have access to SurveyMonkey as well to view the results of different surveys. The business problem that SurveyMonkey solves is that it gives us a way to collect and measure customer feedback so we can assess how we're doing in different areas. It also helps us collect information on our customers.
  • SurveyMonkey makes it really easy to create surveys and structure different questions. There's a good variety of different question types to select from.
  • The workflow of the survey builder makes a lot of sense and is very user-friendly. You don't need to be super tech savvy to use the platform.
  • I've been impressed with the reporting features that SurveyMonkey provides. It has multiple chart types to select from to view the survey responses. It also lets you export all the results as a CSV.
  • The design capabilities in SurveyMonkey are pretty limited. The templates they provide aren't great.
  • The survey logic flow could be better. If you want to use conditional logic in your survey you need to have all questions on their own pages. I prefer Qualtrics in this sense.
  • A lot of the main things you need require an upgrade, such as adding a logo to the survey. So any brand hoping to use SurveyMonkey will definitely need to upgrade their plan.
SurveyMonkey is appropriate for businesses doing a smaller number of basic surveys. It's great for standard customer satisfaction surveys or for collecting demographic information. It's fairly inexpensive and gets the job done.

SurveyMonkey is not for businesses that need to do more in-depth and complex research. In this scenario, a platform like Qualtrics would be much better suited. SurveyMonkey's features and capabilities are too basic to meet these needs.
Read Becca Sangwin's full review
george wilson profile photo
December 21, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "The best way to create surveys"

I have used SurveyMonkey for almost a year. I had heard some friends talk about it, but the first time had not paid much attention. Then on another occasion I was with them asking them for some way to be able to have more contact with the visitors of my web page (at that time I had a page about literature) and to be able to know in a better way what things should improve and also get their opinions about some classic terror. My first experience with the product was very good. The truth is that I had been looking for videos and reading about this platform, so I had no problem creating my account and conducting my first survey. Currently I still use it, and although I no longer have my literature web page (I do not have much time), I have a friend who is working in an independent publishing house in South America and he is also a writer, so I help him to viralize the sketches of covers or some new novels, and with SurveyMonkey you can do a small survey to know what people think about these topics.
  • It is very easy to create and modify surveys, you just have to make some clicks to be able to configure it and give it a personal touch.
  • The program tabulates and gives results automatically, so you should not break your head to create graphics.
  • If you are looking to make some simple surveys, you can use the free version without problem, which is really good since not everyone has money to invest in these programs.
  • Nothing in particular.
From my experience, SurveyMonkey works very well either using the free version or using the paid version, which is why the truth is it works wonders in almost all settings, whether you want to carry out a survey between the school's parents where your son attends, even a survey of skills in the workers of a company, I have even read that some teachers use it in their classes to corroborate the learning of their students. As far as a scenario where it does not work, I think there are not many, since most users, especially paid ones, can have the right data they need and can edit their accounts in their own way.
Read george wilson's full review
May 10, 2019

User Review: "SurveyMonkey is not monkeying around!"

We use SurveyMonkey to send out forms to collect information throughout our school district. It is a great way of collecting data and insights digitally, from staff, students, and parents with the ability for collecting it anonymously. The software gives us the ability to collect, analyze, and store the results to view and work with.
  • Extremely easy to use with a lot of features and abilities built within.
  • Large library of templates and questions to sample from.
  • Reports for data.
  • Could improve design options.
  • Logic-flow.
  • Pricing for education.
SurveyMonkey has been great for sending forms to staff across the district to collect information. We have sent it to parents to collect data for school events. We have surveyed students for theme ideas or athletics.
April 27, 2019

User Review: "I Love SurveyMonkey"

SurveyMonkey is used throughout our Marketing department to conduct customer feedback surveys on how we are doing, different polls we conduct, etc. It allows us a unified way of collecting the data we submit via survey and exporting the responses so that we can reach out and follow up to those who participated.
  • Allows a unified way to collect responses.
  • Allows users to unsubscribe and keeps track so that we don't keep sending emails to them.
  • Provides an easy survey template.
  • Provides an easier way to export responses.
SurveyMonkey is well suited to conduct customer feedback surveys, polls, and to gather any information that you may need from your e-mail list.
April 30, 2019

SurveyMonkey Review: "Fine for a quick, free survey but don't pay for a premium subscription"

SurveyMonkey is often used by individuals in my organization in order to conduct a quick poll in order to get a general feeling of various opinions. It is used for organizing events, for example. It is not really used by the company itself, but rather by people within separate departments or friendship/colleague groups.
  • Quick poll.
  • Gather answers to a simple question.
  • See the most popular answers.
  • The paid option is not worth it.
  • Problems with billing.
  • Poor customer service.
Conducting a quick survey with the free option is great, just don't pay for the premium subscription.
November 24, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Great Product at an Affordable Price!"

We use SurveyMonkey as a way to monitor and report customer satisfaction for specific corporate clients. Before implementing the SurveyMonkey process, we used a third-party to gather feedback but didn't have nearly as much success in getting responses. Our corporate clients require reporting quarterly on the feedback that we gather and SurveyMonkey has made it simple to comply to our clients' requirement.
  • Ease of use - SurveyMonkey is simple to implement. You can send out a survey in minutes.
  • Customizable - SurveyMonkey does a great job of allowing you to build in logic to your questions which definitely provides a better user experience.
  • Reporting - Post survey report is simple to set up and you can slice and dice things they way you want to see it or just export all responses and sort through them in spreadsheet form.
  • I really don't have any negatives to report about SurveyMonkey. For what we are looking to use it for, it performs perfectly and fits our needs.
SurveyMonkey is well suited for gauging customer feedback. As mentioned previously, we send surveys out to our end customers of some of our corporate clients. This allows us to gauge how we are doing and make sure that any issues are addressed not only with the customer, but also in the process moving forward.
Alissa Levanway profile photo
October 16, 2018

User Review: "SurveyMonkey"

We use SurveyMonkey for newsletter feedback, sending out company wide surveys of satisfaction. It allows us to see the analytics of how employees feel about things while keeping it anonymous. This in turn allows departmental staff to make changes based off the answers of staff.
  • Providing statistics based off answered questions and giving you a date range of when the responses were received
  • The options for how to form your questions for answering is great as well. You can choose just 2 options or multiple.
  • Showing how long it would take to complete the survey is nice, because sometimes when I take surveys I never fully know how long it will take to complete.
  • Initially using SurveyMonkey was a little hard. Just becoming familiar with all the things you can do. It would be cool if they had an instructional that maybe pointed out things you can do if you're new to the program.
I think it's great for students who are looking to get feedback for a class. I used it for a feasibility study for school and it worked out perfectly for what was needed. I've only used on a smaller scale but I don't think large audiences would be appropriate for it.
Read Alissa Levanway's full review
Sandy Breihan Sinclair profile photo
July 29, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Extremely easy to use"

I use SurveyMonkey to poll people in regards to many things. The biggest reason we poll our folks is to get their opinions regarding our conference speakers and whether they'd like to hear a particular speaker again in the future. We have also used SurveyMonkey to collect information such as shirt size when ordering bulk t-shirts as giveaways.
  • Very intuitive and user-friendly.
  • Great reporting capabilities
  • No cost.
  • I honestly cannot think of anything at this time.
SurveyMonkey is suited for just about anyone. It is super easy to use and is very versatile. I've used it to poll our employees for various reasons and I've used it to gather the opinions of our conference attendees. It is truly a great tool. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Read Sandy Breihan Sinclair's full review
Jess Messenger profile photo
July 17, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Easy-to-use Survey Tool"

We utilize SurveyMonkey to develop surveys for on-site events such as trade shows. We also use this program to create surveys for clients to administer on their own.
  • SurveyMonkey provides reports that are easy to read and understand
  • Building surveys in SurveyMonkey is fast and easy
  • SurveyMonkey makes it easy to administer surveys with a kiosk mode
  • If you are new to this program it can be difficult to build surveys where only certain respondents see certain questions (ex: skipping to question 6 if they answer “no” to question 1). However, the “logic” function is a great one to use.
SurveyMonkey is great for building, administering and reporting on survey results. It can be used easily on-site for in-person surveys and the link can also be shared to promote a survey online, in an e-newsletter, or even internally.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
Emeka Opara profile photo
June 20, 2018

Review: "SurveyMonkey is the perfect tool for creating surveys!"

SurveyMonkey is used by the entire organization to get insights on how students are faring in their various programs and what else they want to see in the engineering programs to help them chase their dreams of becoming good engineers.
  • SurveyMonkey is intuitive and easy to understand once you start using it.
  • It is also easy to use and very user-friendly.
  • It is very effective in obtaining detailed information from it’s intended audience. It’s simply the best!
  • SurveyMonkey could use more functionality in terms of the range of activities it can be used for as it has only a few in my opinion. This way people can perform a lot with just one software.
  • SurveyMonkey could be revamped to be more attractive in my opinion. It looks a bit plain. People are more likely to use a software that is aesthetically pleasing.
  • The software should be modified to include more languages to be used by an even broader audience. This isn’t the case at the moment.
It is useful when you want to get information from a lot of people at once.
Read Emeka Opara's full review
Maya Darghawth, CHRL, CEBS, CCP (IP) profile photo
August 09, 2018

User Review: "Huge fan of SurveyMonkey!"

We use SurveyMonkey to assess and gather data on various employee-related or department-specific functions. For example, we recently used SurveyMonkey to send out a survey to all employees regarding a summer hours program (i.e. interest, feasibility, comments or recommendations for the program moving forward). We will also use SurveyMonkey again to assess how the program was received and whether or not it is worth continuing in future.
  • Easy to set up and very user-friendly
  • Good amalgamation of data and results.
  • Setting up a survey from scratch is not as intuitive as I would have hoped. Although once you understand how to use the product, it is quite easy. Just navigating the first few times is a bit challenging.
I think for data-collection from multiple users - provided the surveys aren't that long - SurveyMonkey is a great product.
Read Maya Darghawth, CHRL, CEBS, CCP (IP)'s full review
August 09, 2018

User Review: "SurveyMonkey Is Easy to Use"

I use SurveyMonkey 4 times per year (quarterly) to organize a team building events within the Human Resources Department. The surveys are designed to allow team members to vote on the prescribed date and times that we can hold the team building event. With everyone's busy scheduled between meetings and tight deadlines, it would address what time and date was best to meet. Typically, we would use Outlook to view peoples calendars. However, SurveyMonkey would take it one step further by allowing team members to cast a vote on what date and time they prefer.
  • Allows you to customize the questions
  • provides standard templates that are ready to use
  • intuitive to use
  • free of charge depending on what package you purchase
  • sometimes hides important options that are important in creating a survey.
SurveyMonkey is a great tool if you don't know how to create a survey. Being an Admin Coordinator, I wasn't sure what the template of a survey would look like. SurveyMonkey is very intuitive where it allows you to pick how you want the survey to be setup. I enjoy the real time e-mail notifications I receive when someone takes my survey. I can also pull the results of the survey and create reports.
Reita Silvis profile photo
December 28, 2017

SurveyMonkey Review: "Survey Monkey Doesn't Monkey Around"

SurveyMonkey is a great tool to help us make a solid decision based on the group's consensus. It allows us to get a better feel for what others want and expect of us and gives them a voice to work alongside us. It is a nice organic way of connecting with the audience as well as fellow colleagues on the projects.
  • I enjoy the simplicity of SurveyMonkey- It is easy to upload your questions and edit them before distributing
  • Shareability- it allows you to easily share the survey with large numbers of people in a quick amount of time.
  • It has helped us reach a consensus of what others want or when to meet in the past and the analytics that we are provided with at the end of a survey term are remarkable!
  • Sometimes, we catch snags and it does not implement the surveys exactly as we expect/hope for.
  • I've had to re-upload questions to my surveys before because it would create duplicate entries of the same answer for people to choose from
  • Just these minor glitches, really - Haven't noticed much else going on that I don't like about SM
This is a fantastic tool for quick answers to help you make better decisions to accomplish your goals! We recently used it to get a company-wide stress test to see where our pain points were to improve things for employees. We do not like or recommend using Survey Monkey for polls on matters that do not have as important an impact on the company or employees.
Read Reita Silvis's full review
Stella Kovaleva profile photo
December 05, 2017

User Review: "SurveyMonkey is a Leader."

Surveymonkey is the kind of web-service that suits everyone. We are currently using SurveyMonkey in our organization, especially by marketing and information technology departments, but I want to talk about my experience. I am individually using SurveyMonkey for collect responses from my staff and from clients. SurveyMonkey is the best survey app. It works so smoothly. And you can create your surveys quickly and you can share them in the way you like. The functions and tools are so useful.
  • So simple.
  • Quickest way to create surveys.
  • Friendly customer service.
  • Extra question types would be nice.
  • Features leads to add graphic stuff like videos.
  • There is no way to change your font type.
We first started using the free version of SurveyMonkey to collect the basic information. But there was a huge limitation to creating big surveys, and getting responses. And that wasn't enough for working in professional environment, so we changed our plan and we loved it. And price of SurveyMonkey is quite cost effective and reasonable. It helps us greatly. It is useful, and works properly. Now it's like a daily program for me. Almost every day I use it to create surveys about our needs.
Read Stella Kovaleva's full review
March 06, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Bananas for Survey Monkey"

In my previous company I used it primarily for meetings, especially for meetings with those that were new and we were still trying to gather the direction they should be going. After each meeting a survey was sent to out to all participants with a time line to complete. Questions asked were around the topics discussed, the length of time on each topic, the length of time for the meeting, the occurrence of it, and open ended questions were the best. They changed each time depending on the meeting, but it allowed participants to give suggestions of what you thought would be best. Now, at my current company, we use them for career fairs and to measure our ROI for each attendance, to identify strengths and weaknesses at each event so that we know whether we should return or not.
  • It really allows you to be able to manipulate it as you please to meet your needs.
  • The interface is extremely clean and easy to understand. It doesn't take an expert or advanced person to be able to create the surveys or take them.
  • I LOVE THE REMINDERS YOU CAN SET UP! If there was a deadline that I needed to complete the survey by I would get an automated email reminding me of it. Which personally I thought was pretty neat.
  • I have only created maybe two surveys, but when I did I didn't see much to be able to get the format to look a little nicer. It was very simple as I previously mentioned, which is great sometimes! However, it would be neat to be able to make the survey look a tad bit fancier depending on who will be receiving the surveys. Other than that, I do not have too much experience to be able to say anything that is negative or could improve.
I feel that being able to measure your return on events has been the most instrumental for us with this tool. You are able to save the responses for a pretty decent amount of time to go back and look at it. I don't see it being very helpful though in groups where analytics won't be looked at it and/or where nothing is done with the analytics this tool can provide.
January 08, 2018

SurveyMonkey Review: "Surveys with Survey Monkey"

Surveymonkey was used for internal evaluations. The surveys were analyzed to make research management improvements. The option of anonymity allowed us to receive additional comments for improvements. The free version was used and it allowed us basic data analysis. Exporting the data however was not free. We had to convert it to PDF for sharing purposes.
  • Easy to create an account and set up your survey
  • Provides options for survey responses
  • Easy to share survey for responses via emails
  • Anonymous responses can be collected
  • Free version works well for basic creating survey, collection of data and analysis
  • You can track the progress of the survey
  • Exporting data in the free version
  • Does not allow collaborations
  • Questionnaire is limited to 10 questions
Surveymonkey is best for quick short surveys. It does provide you the option of additional comments. You may have to check the paid versions for longer research type surveys which have a lot more than 10 questions. You don't have to analyze the data. Surveymonkey does it for you and you can dig in deeper for some more details. Progress tracking is also a great feature. You don't have a survey closing date option.

Survey templates (30)
Themes (28)
Custom logo/branding (27)
Changes to live survey (22)
Question design help (27)
Multiple question types (31)
Survey logic flexibility (30)
Response tracking (31)
9.2
Vendor-offered crowdsourcing (12)
Respondent restrictions (16)

About SurveyMonkey

According to the vendor, SurveyMonkey is trusted by 98% of Fortune 500 companies and is used in over 350,000 organizations. Additionally, the vendor says SurveyMonkey’s people powered data platform gives millions of people around the world a way to turn feedback into action that drives growth and innovation.

SurveyMonkey Features

Survey Format & Appearance Features
Has featureOnline surveys
Has featurePaper surveys
Does not have featurePhone surveys
Has featureSurvey templates
Has featureResponsive design
Survey Content Features
Has featureMultimedia content
Has featureDrag-and-drop editor
Has featureChanges to live survey
Has featureQuestion bank
Survey Integrations Features
Has featureCRM Integration
Has featureSocial media integration
Has featureE-commerce integration
Does not have featureTestimonials widget
Survey Automation Features
Has featureNotifications and alerts
Has featureCalendar/scheduling
Has featureFollow-up emails
Survey Distribution Features
Has featureIn-tool invites
Has featureEmail distribution
Has featureCross-channel distribution
Does not have featureCustom survey URLs
Does not have featureEmbeddable surveys
Does not have featureSite intercept surveys
Does not have feature360 Degree feedback
Has featureAnonymous responses
Has featureVendor-offered crowdsourcing
Has featureUnlimited questions per survey
Has featureUnlimited responses per survey
Has featureRespondent restrictions
Survey Administration & Security Features
Has featureMultiple users
Has featureAccess controls
Has featureCompliance
Has featureNOTE: Features vary by plan. See details here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/details/

SurveyMonkey Integrations

SurveyMonkey Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes

Visit our website for details: https://www.surveymonkey.com/pricing/

SurveyMonkey Support Options