Google Analytics Premium Review: "Premium is way ahead of free GA"https://www.trustradius.com/web-analyticsGoogle Analytics PremiumUnspecified8.42811012013-12-15T05:55:59.537Z
- Ability to assign much more custom variables then free version ( 50 custom variables available in premium version compared to 5 in the free version)
- Ability to get raw data . So no more sampling issue or reaching table size limit ( as in free GA or some other tools)
- Ability to segment data in so many ways
- Integration of GA with website optimizer tool ( the renamed optimizer to something else). It provides so much more flexibility one A/B testing data can be sliced and dice with all the metrics and traffic of website
- Last time I worked on it it did not had multivariate testing option. We were just able to do A/B testing
- You can not share segments across the organization or group of people
- Ability to create custom reports and share it amongst your team or organization
- Reliability of data due to option of raw data export
- Faster decision making due to A/B testing capability available within the tool. Making A/B testing less intimidating and allowing much more slice and dice of test data
- Better understanding of data and tool due to availability of large amount of information on the web ( Courtesy: independent bloggers and Google support)
One of the best paid tool available, easier to use and reliable data. I have used Webtrends, Yahoo Web Analytics (now discontinued), Google Analytics free/premium and Adobe and I can say GA premium is second only to Adobe Site Catalyst.
Key thing to check within your organization would be amount of custom variables needed. For a bigger website with lot of customization option like personalization etc, that would be one of key things. Question to ask from vendor would be about data limit, number of reporting suits needed and tech support options.
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
We were trying to migrate our suite of sites to GA premium and were not sure how to divide the data amongst profiles/reporting suites. Consulting and support staff did and enormous job of asking right questions and helping us make the right decisions
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Not well integrated
- GA requires some knowledge of regular expression (regex) when creating advanced segments. For a non technical user understanding regex is not straight forward and requires some level of effort.
- Understanding custom variables and its usage requires some effort, specially if some one is not very familiar with web data.