Overall Satisfaction with Google BigQuery
Google BigQuery has become our data warehouse for the entirety of the systems that we use. It is incredibly efficient and ridiculously powerful, so it allows us to store all relevant data and query it to build dashboards for management and leadership uses. We connected it directly to a data visualisation tool and it has become the most useful part of our business.
- BigQuery is ridiculously fast and has the ability to query absurdly large data sets to return results immediately.
- BigQuery allows for storage of a massive amount of data for relatively low prices.
- Easy to learn. BiqQuery uses SQL-like queries and is easy to transfer your existing skills to use.
- BigQuery can be dangerous. The charges can rack up quickly if you don't construct your queries properly. Traverse too much data too frequently and you can cost yourself some money.
- We've seen a greatly reduced cost in data storage.
- We have gained the ability to make more immediate data-driven decisions.
- We have gained the ability to run many more reports and gain insight much faster.
BigQuery is the first product we've seen of it's kind. Nothing seems to compare to the speed we get and the amount of data that we can fit into BigQuery. Data views are possible and recommended with basic data visualisation tools, but you may also choose to use something with a data layer for visualisation to make the most of your data.
BigQuery can be difficult to support because it is so solid as a product. Many of the issues you will see are related to your own data sets, however you may see issues importing data and managing jobs. If this occurs, it can be a challenge to get to speak to the correct person who can help you.
Do you think Google BigQuery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Google BigQuery's feature set?
Did Google BigQuery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Google BigQuery go as expected?
Would you buy Google BigQuery again?
BigQuery is unlike anything we've used as a big data tool. It is perfectly suited to query large data sets quickly and to store those large data sets for any time use. It's perfect for storing data and using it for reports. Logging data is the perfect application for BigQuery, but transactional data is possible as well.