Overall Satisfaction with Google Compute Engine
We use Google Compute Engine as IaaS provider across the whole organization. Almost all of our servers are deployed in this environment. We also help some of our customers to deploy virtual machines due to our expertise in cloud computing. We think it is a reliable platform that delivers everything we need regarding IaaS.
- A friendly and intuitive graphical interface is available
- There are several resources available, such as networking and snapshots.
- The performance is amazing and you can select the region/zone close to your region.
- There is a shell environment that helps a lot
- Better price for Windows Server virtual machines
- The graphical interface to manage a specific VM could be improved.
- We have reduced our costs with local/physical servers.
- We have improved our performance from planning to projects execution.
Almost everything is great. The only thing to point out is the interface to manage a specific VM. It looks old and could be improved.
The support is great. It is very easy to contact and they really pay attention to your questions, even when they don't know the answer.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Microsoft Azure
We have migrated from Amazon to Google due to performance. We never used Microsoft Azure in production, just for tests.
As any IaaS provider, Google Compute engine is suitable for any kind of companies, from small to large ones. You can easily create new servers and start configuring it in minutes. Usually, the prices are lower when comparing with buying a local server. Furthermore, Google Compute Engine is integrated with other services from Google Cloud platform.