HelpSpot is used by the HR Ops team to manage incoming tickets, faxes, and general email for general HR, Benefits, L&D, Onboarding, Terminations and many other HR functions. It is used to communicate within the team and directly to the customer. It can also be used to communicate with 3rd parties.
- HelpSpot allows easy change of ownership of tickets.
- It's simple, albeit a little dated UI allows users to navigate relatively easily.
- It's search functions are easy to navigate and historical information is not difficult to access.
- The UI is a little dated but to be fair, shows most of the pertinent information at a glance on a well designed dashboard.
- The UI can also be buggy at times with controls appearing in strange places. These glitches are usually corrected within a reasonable amount of time.
- Reviewing HelpSpot in group meetings makes for easy, on-the-fly modifications and communications.
- Having the ticket reopen due to any customer response seemed cumbersome at first but in the big picture, saved a lot of time becoming reacquainted with the issue.
- Zendesk,Atlassian Jira,fogbugz
HelpSpot appears to be more of an old-school product but much of the recent technology is running under the surface. It has much of the compexity and customization available with Jira in tandem with the easy communications interface, not unlike Zendesk ,and some of the potential archival intelligence (in the works) of Fogbugz.
I think it is a great tool for any number of users and groups with various levels of tech savvy.