May 15, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We are using it within the IT department to troubleshoot departmental tickets within the organization. It provides a central location for the IT department to track their work and provides the other departments a single place to send emails for their IT support needs. Previously employees would attempt to email a specific IT employee, and delays in resolution would occur if that particular employee was out of the office or busy.
- Custom categories and sub-categories for easy reporting
- Include other team-members in responses with a single click
- Workflow rules that enable automatic-email notifications and ticket escalation
- The mobile app is a little cumbersome to use
- Workload reporting could be more robust
- Integration into other applications (like Office365)
Read Kenneth Harrington-Colon's full review
HelpSpot is well suited for streamlining support ticketing within the organization. By providing a single point of contact to email for support, we were able to increase response time and case resolution by approximately 30% through the increased efficiency of ticket routing via workflows and the ability for IT support staff to grab tickets from the queue instead of having them pile up in a mailbox that contains other emails as well.