June 30, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HipChat
Hipchat is used across our organization, every day and serves a multitude of functions for our team. From inner-department communication when working on specific projects/goals to all-office messages to celebrate birthdays. It's very effective in providing our company with a cohesive, quick and reliable communication platform. The entire team would probably say it's a critical component to their operations.
- The interface is no frills and to the point. Clean and minimalist, it's very easy to find and perform the functionality you're looking for.
- Creating team "rooms" is incredibly simple and it's easy to find information, attachments and members.
- Stability and security. It just works when you want it to.
- Lack of features
- Would like to see more customization options as far as interface
- Better notification system.
I prefer Slack over HipChat due to the interface and functionality. More features are available here, including personal favorite giphy integration. The platform seems more streamlined and fun. Uploading docs/photos is quicker and easier. Although at times I prefer Hipchat's simple interface because it doesn't distract from getting work done.
Not the best suited, if you are having conversations that need reminders set or task lists. Still a great tool to build these lists though. It's very well-suited for conversations that can be resolved and handled quickly and instantly. People will respond more instantly via this platform rather than email.