January 26, 2018
Score 3 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HotSchedules
HS is used across our entire company, by all who work here. I think that the program has good intentions behind it, but those ideas do not translate well into the actual product, in my opinion.
- HS is useful for keeping track of hours
- HS is probably the best platform for this type of service
- Users are able to see their hours in an easy to read format
- The most frustrating thing about this platform is how long it takes to clock in for the workday. I have to log in to the portal, which takes me to a second screen that I have to log in to, which takes me to a THIRD screen to select that I want to clock in / out. I then have to wait to make sure that it actually clocks me in before walking off, otherwise, I have issues with my hours at the end of the week. On top of these things, it takes a long time for the system to get through the four screens that you have to deal with to start or finish your workday. We've tried to streamline the process associated with this by moving to a pin number, but that has not been effective.
- I cannot believe that you have to pay for the application. No other platform that I have seen makes the company pay for using the service AND THEN passes off the price of the app to either the company or the individual user. On top of the money aspect, all of your apps are named "HotSchedules," leaving a high probability that a user will buy a three dollar app that they have no use for. The app is also terribly created, often freezing or downright not working. I deleted it very quickly, almost as quickly as the buyers' remorse.
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
I was not privy to the selection process. We hired a manager who used your platform in their previous jobs. We jumped right in, feet first.
We now have people's schedules sent to them weeks in advance rather than the day before they work. This has been a tremendous help for our organization. Some people use it for communication, but most of us know each other so there isn't a need there.