HotSchedules

HotSchedules Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Penelope Brown | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It is easy to maintain communication with the personnel and thus be able to carry out a correct shift programming.
  • It is very simple to be able to choose what time it is and to be able to change it whenever you want without the need to inform or fill out extensive paperwork.
  • I love the mobile application, it allows me to be aware of notifications of any schedule availability or when I have a message in my inbox.
  • Its platform is simple to use and you can manage shifts quickly or make a copy of existing schedules.
  • It is possible to be able to exchange shifts or release shifts without any problem, thus being able to have more freedom when deciding when to work.
  • It has a slightly high cost and you also have to pay additionally if you want to obtain certain necessary characteristics.
  • I still do not understand why the mobile application has a cost apart from the main HotSchedules, since if we are already paying for a product it should be complete. This is extremely annoying since not all employees can use the application as they refuse to overpay.
  • Sometimes the website tends to get slow no matter the speed of the internet connection, it is a bit annoying.
  • Online/cell phone shift changes.
  • Automatic updates.
  • Linking schedule with POS system.
  • Printouts for daily schedules, older managers had difficulty reading who picked up for who, if the shifts were all picked up.
  • Could have more ease of use for the older generation.
Abe Ruiz | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • ABF reporting
  • Ease of use for all people for scheduling/swapping shifts
  • Tie-in to Schoox training platform
  • Would like to see quicker response times to issues that arise
  • Have had trouble with pre-formatted reports not coming through properly
Shannon Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • HotSchedules tracks our labor hours and dollars. Being able to do quick labor analysis helps us make sure our pricing is in line with our estimates for clients.
  • HotSchedules tracks our employee trainings. Because we are a third party audited food manufacturing facility, we have both formal certifications (CA Food Handler Cards) and monthly trainings on subjects such as Food Safety, GMP's, Pest Control, Allergen Control, HACCP and Sanitation. Being able to have a record easily accessible for each employee to prove to our auditors and keep those employees up to date with training is invaluable as an organizational tool.
  • I find that the system of assigning jobs and rates is a little tedious, but understand the need for it.
  • I'm not familiar enough with the copy and setting the next week's schedule, but it's not necessarily hard to use.
  • The whole assigning welcome letter and with log in and password is difficult with the Spanish speakers even though you have a Spanish version.
  • Many of our employees do not have email or smart phones, so I find that HotSchedules is not as useful to them or us.
January 26, 2018

HotSchedules: Why?

• HS is useful for keeping track of hours
  • HS is probably the best platform for this type of service
  • Users are able to see their hours in an easy to read format
  • The most frustrating thing about this platform is how long it takes to clock in for the workday. I have to log in to the portal, which takes me to a second screen that I have to log in to, which takes me to a THIRD screen to select that I want to clock in / out. I then have to wait to make sure that it actually clocks me in before walking off, otherwise, I have issues with my hours at the end of the week. On top of these things, it takes a long time for the system to get through the four screens that you have to deal with to start or finish your workday. We've tried to streamline the process associated with this by moving to a pin number, but that has not been effective.
  • I cannot believe that you have to pay for the application. No other platform that I have seen makes the company pay for using the service AND THEN passes off the price of the app to either the company or the individual user. On top of the money aspect, all of your apps are named "HotSchedules," leaving a high probability that a user will buy a three dollar app that they have no use for. The app is also terribly created, often freezing or downright not working. I deleted it very quickly, almost as quickly as the buyers' remorse.
January 25, 2018

HotSchedules Review

• Provides employees with an effective mobile application to view their schedule whenever they need to.
  • Allows employees to add availability and request days off.
  • Allows other employees to see other co-workers schedules so they know who they work with.
  • Allow companies to set up different departments within hotschedules, without constantly having to give employees different hotschedule logins.
January 25, 2018

HotSchedules Review

• Makes scheduling easy and simple
  • Integrates well with other systems
  • Can easily be used to set up sales forecasts based on previous weeks and or years
  • Deleting old employees is more complicated then it needs to be.
  • Often times it won't allow employees to log on, saying it has an error
Caleb Cochrun | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Very user-friendly
  • Customer service is very nice, patient, and willing to help right away
  • Hotschedules is a very slick looking site/application
  • I don't like that even as the admin in the above store console that I don't have access to turn on/off all features. Even for users below me. I need to contact customer service and they have to do it which just creates a lag.
  • I don't know the features that are available sometimes because they aren't activated right away for some reason, and to my point above, I have to reach out to someone else to see what they are/activate them.
  • The automated reporting isn't very robust, I really need to be able to have an automated report that can give me individual employees' hours for a week not just by job code.
Teresa Kiyomura | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Communicates well when writing a schedule if there is overtime, overlapping shifts, or against availability to prevent poorly written schedules.
  • Notifies when there are shift changes, time off requests, or availability approvals needed.
  • Very easy to build schedules and is user-friendly.
  • Being able to override "time off approvals" after they've been approved. sometimes a staff member will make an exception and work a half a shift or change their mind and they have to go back and remove their request before a manager is able to schedule.
  • Fewer website crashes.
  • Requires the page to load completely before navigating to where you need to go.
December 15, 2017

Thank You Hot Schedules!

• It is super easy to copy schedules and paste them into future weeks if the schedule stays the same.
  • The new clock in update has made it possible for employees to check their own hours.
  • The support that is provided has proven to be helpful, especially when we first implemented HotSchedules.
  • Their clock in update was much needed, especially now that employees can check their own hours.
  • It needs to be made possible to check hours and make corrections real time and not the next day.
  • There have been issues with the clocking in and out function, particularly when coming back from breaks.
Christopher Ticen | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • They have 24 hour support which is nice, but the reps are not trained on all the "new" features.
  • Their upper-management is not afraid to get involved and help resolve issues, which we have taken advantage of multiple times.
  • The user interface is clean and fairly easy to use.
  • The inability to share employees from site to site is really disappointing.
  • Their support reps are not aware or trained on the "new" features that are developed for customers.
  • Their database engineers seem reluctant to provide assistance correcting issues their product caused.
Nora Leuck | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Ease of setting a schedule.
  • If the schedule is repeated week after week, it is easy to copy it with out rewriting the whole thing.
  • Fast, easy reference to who is clocked in. Easy to check my weekly hours for my team and keep it under control.
  • Messaging feature was very handy.
  • Ability to delete old employees and reuse the assigned sign in number at the end of a fiscal year.
  • Really had few complaints.
  • It is a great scheduling platform. As its main focus, it is easy to use for management and our staff.
  • It makes managing requests for our staff very easy and efficient. For managers, it is simple to manage these requests.
  • Its reporting features are great. It's always nice to be able to quickly pull a report outlining just the information you are looking for.
  • The Time Clock feature could definitely use some help. We have to manually review each person's hours to make sure they didn't miss a punch. If we don't do this, it will manually clock them out at 4 am, in effect paying them for a very long day that they didn't work.
  • You should be able to copy and paste shifts when scheduling non-house shifts. Let's say I am scheduling for a special event and I need 10 servers in at 5 pm to serve, I have to manually enter all of those instead of being able to just schedule one and copy and paste it to everyone else.
  • When messaging, you should be able to respond to messages directly from your email like you can on Shift Note.
January 24, 2018

The hot schedules review

Paul Zarmati | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • It works great as an internal environment that the employees can use to trade shifts
  • It’s easy for the managers to make shifts and move people around buy moving blocks around by hour
  • You can copy schedules from previous weeks as a template
  • It’s very expensive for what it’s worth
  • Better integration into the POS
  • More integration between all of your own products that you offer.
January 12, 2018

Ward Wollerman | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Schedule changes--live time schedule updates.
  • Management log--accessed easily by app when away from restaurant.
  • Time off management--easy to block dates, approve or deny requests.
  • Always improving. New updates seem to be done well and improve the software.
January 12, 2018

So Hot Review

Jessica Micka | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Time off approvals- Keeps a list of who has requested and been approved for time. Makes it easy to not schedule someone accidentally.
  • Schedule templates- allows me to have the schedule done with inminutes.
  • Employee time management- allows you to see if someone is predicted to hit overtime. Keeps our payroll down.
  • If I am looking at the Staff area, for example, and I go into a particular employee, then want to return to the list - I would like it to not automatically start again at the top of the list but where I left off.
  • Loading time could be faster
  • If I wanted to add a extra shift prior to applying my template it will not allow me to use the template.

What is HotSchedules?

HotSchedules is a cloud-based scheduling, labor and communication management software solution serving the restaurant and hospitality industry.

According to the vendor, key benefits include:

Build & Communicate Schedules

The scheduling and labor management software reduces the time it takes managers to create and communicate schedules. All scheduling and employee information is stored in one central location, so managers have access to time-off requests, availability, skill level, and certification compliance.

Work Schedule App

The HotSchedules mobile app lets employees check their schedule, request time off, swap shifts, manage availability, and send messages. All shift requests require a manager's approval.

Forecasting and Reporting

When integrated with the POS, the tool pulls time and attendance, sales and guest data into the system. The forecasting engine shows past sales trends, which makes it possible to build schedules with the right amount of labor. There are also over 40 reports.

Multi-Unit Store View

The Above Store Console provides reporting and visibility across stores, anywhere and at any time. It can be configured by region, state, country.

Bilingual App & Support

The mobile app is available in English & Spanish. Employees can call into the AVS or Customer Support Center to get their schedule in English or Spanish - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

HotSchedules Features

• Supported: Point-of-Sale Integration
  • Supported: Centralized Communication
  • Supported: SMS Messaging

HotSchedules Screenshots

Time-Off, Availability, Employee Hours, Sales Volume are all available in the scheduler.Employees are able to swap and pick-up shifts from the HotSchedules Mobile App. All shift changes or requests require a manager's approval.Managers and employees can communicate with each other from the mobile and web apps - from anywhere and at anytime.Employees can submit a time-off, request - paid, or unpaid - and can request to work or request off right from the mobile app.Managers can view sales and labor data from their phone.

HotSchedules Video