HPE BladeSystem - Great Solution
February 22, 2022
HPE BladeSystem - Great Solution
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with HPE BladeSystem
We mainly use it to support a virtualized environment, in addition to database services that support part of the corporation's systems. The redundant infrastructure serving both the power and the cooling and communication parts ensures a stable environment as long as the basic installation requirements are followed. The flexibility of the communication environment with FCoE, allowing the subdivision of physical interfaces into logical ones, allows wide and secure connections.
- Ability to maintain an environment with a high degree of redundancy.
- Simplicity in settings and management are great facilitators in everyday life.
- By maintaining an environment with high availability, it guarantees significant security of processes and systems in terms of infrastructure.
- Firmware update process could be better
- Lack of management reports
- Lack of a dashboard centralizing status and performance
- Maintenance of a centralized processing environment.
- Single infrastructure
- Excellent ROI due to the durability of the equipment.
- Flexibility in server configuration
- The lack of management reports is a negative point.
Our use of HPE BladeSystem goes back a long way. Previously we had a solution of IBM blades, however, it is not very comparable in terms of time. We recently acquired the HPE Synergy solution, which is essentially an evolution of the HPE BladeSystem. Market solutions such as DELL were seen in institutional presentations but were not adopted, both for the satisfaction of the HPE product and due to the public service procurement processes, but it seems to me that they should also be considered for acquisitions of the same size.
Do you think HPE BladeSystem delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with HPE BladeSystem's feature set?
Did HPE BladeSystem live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of HPE BladeSystem go as expected?
Would you buy HPE BladeSystem again?
The HPE BladeSystem is an extremely reliable appliance, with a very high level of redundancy that allows you to maintain a secure and stable corporate environment, from bare metal application solutions to virtualized environments with hundreds of machines. Versatile, with a wide variety of blades that allow different configurations to flexibly meet the requirements of a wide range of companies.
Using HPE BladeSystem
15 - Approximately 15 analysts make use of the HPE BladeSystem environment for management, monitoring, and configuration. As for users of applications supported by HPE BladeSystem, the entire institution uses it, around 2000 people. The general use occurs from e-mail applications like several other corporate web applications or even legacy systems or relational databases.
15 - A team of approximately 15 support analysts attend to requests and perform the process of configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the HPE BladeSystem environment. Along with the traditional On-Board tool, we also make use of OneView for detailing and settings. The number of analysts to monitor the environment is related to the number of environments provided by the corporation and thus does not indicate complexity, but rather service flexibility.
- Virtualized environment
- Corporate e-mail
- Relational databases
- File servers
- The acquisition of HPE BladeSystem was already closely linked to the virtualization process that the institution intended to carry out, it was therefore the justification and the large implementation of modernization established.
- Establishment of database clusters.
- New applications and tools in general were added over time.
- WEB Applications.
- Expansion of database use
- We understand that the flexibility of the environment allows for virtually any new implementation, especially if you consider using Synergy as a continuation of the HPE BladeSystem.
We do not intend to make new investments in HPE BladeSystem as it is in the end-of-life phase and we have continued with the new HPE Synergy environment. It is therefore not a process of discarding, but of evolution. This environment will possibly continue to be used in the institution, but for less critical purposes and more related to the development of new solutions.