Overall Satisfaction with HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)
HPE SimpliVity is our core sever platform for our business across two datacenters.
Both of those datacenters are production and DR for the alternate site.
Data protection is the biggest problem this solution addressed.
Also, we were in need of a refresh and this solution offered much more all with a single vendor, easy to use interface and a competitive price.
- If you know how to use VMware then you essentially already know how to manage HPE SimpliVity. Ease of use is key for us since we are a small shop.
- The data protection inherent is impressive. We have complete server backups for our Tier 1 servers locally and replicated every 15 minutes.
- We have application upgrades frequently that require end use testing. We also have a in house developer for certain focuses. Test instances or refreshes are just minutes away. The actual complete server instance restore takes just a few seconds.
- I haven't contacted support lately...however in the past I wasn't able to remediate VMware without support given the integration. A trade off.
- 4 years being a customer, the initial sizing is now close to being an issue. I wish I could just add more memory without licensing costs. Another trade off but I've been more than pleased with our servers' performance.
- Again...I haven't asked lately so this may be handled differently now. I'll investigate soon or upgrade altogether given the age of equipment.
- I can't think of anything else...
- ROI has been recognized in several areas...TCO is certainly one of the main points.
- Data protection has allowed us to realize minimal downtime and recovery in a disaster situation. That's priceless...
- Being able to easily spin up test environments and having our support people able to do so are both huge for us.
I only know what I know...which is my IT world.
Having two datacenters that were physical servers attached to a SAN that "attempted" to replicate and then migrating.
For a SMB small IT shop that happens to have two datacenters already in place...this has been ideal.
I can have a generalist maintain the system and we have a private cloud for DR with hardly any effort...the biggest gain by far!