Overall Satisfaction with HPE StoreOnce
Ours is a big size ERP solution with 150 + virtual machines and 20+ Physical Servers. We use HPE StoreOnce as backup infrastructure for backing up OS, software binaries and databases. We use third-party software to store OS level backups on StoreOnce and we use native HPE StoreOnce RMAN Catalyst Plugin to push our RMAN backups for Oracle databases to StoreOnce. We also use CIFS share on StoreOnce as a mount point for key shared drives.
- File uploads and querying the backup repository is quite fast, given that we have so many backups and a good retention period.
- A free add on "HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Plugin for RMAN" was a great benefit. We saved the cost of buying an additional backup infrastructure for our databases.
- HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Stores do not have a native replication. You will have to rely on third party software to backup your backup files from primary StoreOnce to secondary StoreOnce.
- We also see disconnects in the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst RMAN Plugin. We are still trying to figure out if this is a StoreOnce issue or something with our network.
- HPE StoreOnce doesn't require a lot of technical knowledge for day to day administration and management. This helps reducing IT support staff cost.
- It provides an amazing compaction ratio and saves you a lot on the storage side.
HPE StoreOnce Feature Ratings
Using HPE StoreOnce
It is quite efficient and easy to administer. You don't really get into trouble with HPE StoreOnce often.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Creating Catalyst Stores to store your backup is straight forward.
- Configuring NAS shares is quite easy.