May 20, 2016
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Watson Analytics
I am testing out a variety of analytics platforms to get a better understanding of which product is best to use. I typically input ad campaign data and focus on a variety of metrics to see causation and correlation between the marketing efforts and the client company's performance (website, revenue, etc.). This is a great way to verify whether or not advertising is working towards improving KPIs and figure out where to focus the spend on.
- Great for visualizing data in an appealing way.
- Makes analytics and the process of "asking questions" very easy for people.
- Learning how to work the product is easy as well.
- Ability to link to a variety of data sources.
- Shortcuts are great, but sometimes provide a roadblock when trying to dive deeper into the data.
- Customizing the look of charts would be great.
Watson makes it easy to do analysis. A good scenario to use it would be when trying to analyze a set of data and find insights that normally wouldn't be so easy to find when looking at the original data as a whole. When someone needs to ask a question about how a set of data points relate to each other, Watson is the way to go.