iCIMS is used globally to track requisitions. Hiring Managers have access to the system to review requisitions and candidates. Approval workflows are used for both jobs and offers. The onboarding system is used in North America for new hire paperwork.
- The interface is user-friendly. After implementation we had many comments from hiring managers and recruiters that the system was very intuitive. They found it easier to use than our previous system.
- From the system administrator level, iCIMS is easy to configure. It was great to have the ability to customize dashboards for the different user groups (Hiring Managers, Recruiters, HR Managers).
- iCIMS global capabilities were one of our deciding factors. The system supports resumes in local language and allows for custom message creation. This was critical for us as we needed a system to support Dutch, Czech, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Great ability to take bulk actions for candidates. Both in terms of submitting resumes to the systems, updating source of hires, submitting to a job, and updating applicant status.
- Very easy to set-up reports and extract data. You can also create reports and save to the dashboards for different user groups. I found this a great way to ensure that we were all reporting information in a consistent format.
- It would be great to have the ability to bulk approve and bulk print forms in the onboarding portal.
- I would like to see a social share widget in the recruiter portal for ease of use. There are social share options on the job portals if you choose that configuration.
- Ability for system administrator to create iForms rather than going through support.
- Recruiters should have the ability to create folders to share information within the platform.
- As the system is easy to use for the recruiters, I found our data quality improved. This really helped with less back and forth in creating our quarterly metrics.
- Taleo,Jobvite,Open Hire,Sonic Recruit,Kenexa
We looked at the solutions above before deciding on iCIMS. We found iCIMS had the functionality to support our automated requisition and offer approval process, local language support for resumes/messages, ease of use, and right price point. A high level of customer service was also important to us. iCIMS had great reviews on customer service. Jobvite and Open Hire were also strong contenders, but did not meet all of our requirements as well as iCIMS.
We renewed after our initial 2 year contract. The solution is working well and support has been good. It is nice that the vendor does product updates each year to include new features. Some of these are based on customer suggestions.
I found iCIMS to have great functionality and capabilities for the price. It is a good value. The customer service is good. You will have to describe your problem or concern very specifically and provide screenshots/examples whenever possible. I did sometimes have to escalate beyond the initial rep, but always had my problem resolved.