User Review: "How iCIMS works for me"https://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsiCIMS Talent Acquisition Software SuiteUnspecified7.1981012014-01-17T20:51:01.569Z
iCIMS is being used by the US recruitment team to manage our applicant pool. I love that all our candidates are in one place. I love that my managers have one central place to review resumes, put notes, review cover letters and review other jobs the candidate has applied to. iCIMS is a great ATS and very easy to navigate around.
- Easy to navigate
- Clean layout
- Easy to update candidate statuses
- Easy to send communications
- A great way to keep your notes on recruitment activities. Especially if you are managing lots of requisitions.
- iCIMS doesn't always create updates that help the recruiter and it feels like the system dicates how we run our recruiting
- Looking at the notes section isn't as easy to read as iCIMS thinks it is
- I dislike that iCIMS emails every single time I send a rejection letter and it doesn't show me the fields that are auto populated. How will I knoew if the fields are working correctly?
- A positive impact iCIMS has had on our business is the approval process. We can always go back to find when the approval was given and by whom.
- iCIMs is a good tool but it does not live feed my jobs as frequently or as quickly as I'd like and that slows our recruiting campaigns down.
- I love that my managers can find their resumes all in one place. This has helped created a better system for organization and I can say to a manager, that resume is in iCIMS.
I used other ATS's before like Taleo and I don't think that system functioned as well as iCIMS does. I find iCIMS to be easier to explain to managers and items can be found in a logical place such as a cover letter or previous resumes the candidate may have uploaded.
I believe my company has been very happy with the iCIMS product (although my managers don't know how to say iCIMS) as it allows a for us to collaborate on requisitions as we work remotely. I haven't seen any issues with iCIMS that would make me concerned about renewing our contract.
I really like iCIMS because it's easy for me to teach my managers how to use it. I know they don't want to read the iCIMS instructions which are long and boring. They want an interactive experience. If I was going to choose iCIMS in the future I would make sure that the updates iCIMS has to offer are included in the package price. For example, I see great things iCIMS is doing and updating but our company has to wait weeks or months to get the functionality.