The strategic business unit had 75 Global IT Resources which were involved not only for current projects and operations, but the IT Integration projects as a result of mergers and acquisitions. Resources were located in the United States, Europe andAPAC regions. I was able to set up access for these resources, have them manage and report on their applications, infrastructure or hybdid projects and conduct weekly project portfolio reviews with the global teams on a weekly basis. Alldata was real time, and Sr. Management could review reports and dashboards in real time as to make proper strategic decisions.
- Extremely intuitive and user friendly as compared to some of the older products and engines available. Easy to implement, cloud based and cost effective, one annual license gives the end user access to all functionality and support.
- Easy to understand project portfolio view, configured as you need to reflect how you do business. Makes it easy to look at project details or high level views for project portfolio reviews, teams, issues, status etc..
- Easy to create reports and dashboards you can develop yourself and if you need assistance, Innotas Support for your issues is alway there and very responsive. Compare this to some of the established product providers and you would go with Innotas every time for PPM solutions.
- Creation of reusable project templates that reflect your project management life cycle is simple. Creating a new project takes only minutes. Having your team enter time tracking on projects and tasks doesn't get any easier as you can build your team from either top down or bottom up approaches
- Easy to set up your portfolio with either project or a program consisting of various projects which extremely intuitive when tracking all initiatives within the project portfolio.
- I might suggest a number of standard reports and dashboards which the end user can select from that cover the majority of requested reports across industries. In my case, I had to work directly with the Innotas implementation expert to create the reports/ dashboards which can take time.
- Real time, integrated information. Every resource input status on a weekly basis and management had the information necessary to make proper decisions. No more creating various reports using different software applications
- Ease of which you can submit a project proposal, have it reviewed and approved, then create a new project from any of the project templates you set up.
- Ability to have, and share, the whole integrated and real time project portfolio with all stakeholders.
- Project view provides all the information of core resources responsible for the project, and makes it easy to contact those individuals when required. Executive summary tab can be setup to show those key metrics on a project that are important to either you or your organization.
Being in IT Program and Portfolio Management consulting I have used HP PPM, CA Clarity and Microsoft Enterprise Project. After going through a two year evaluation process of a new PPM system for Honeywell Scanning and Mobility, I prefer using and recommending Innotas PPM as my tool of preference. The other products are more established, older in design and extremely cumbersome to use. Performing capacity analysis or resource allocation can be a task in itself with these older products. I found the learning curve to get up and running on Innotas to be a fraction of what it would take using other products, and ease of use with the features and functionality built into Innotas is hands down the best option in the market place.
When you need to come up with a solution to coordinate and report on your projects and your resources, the system has everything you need under one roof, and you can be productive within weeks. Implementation of the product was amazingly simple.
I found that the features and functionality that comes standard with the product met the organizations requirements for tracking portfolios of projects and programs. Rolling this type of system globally was easy, and all the appropriate training material was made available on top of the online training material and Innotas support. I launched this product initially for IT projects, but business projects were soon being added to the overall mix. With the way you can create different categories, programs we were able to handle all the companies needs