Best in Class
- Company, Multi Entity, Cash Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Time & Expenses, Platform Services for Positive Pay and Nexonia Receipts
Overall Satisfaction with Intacct
- The shared entity concept is perfect for our affiliate needs and allows us to administer our accounting function in one place for all of our entities. Cost allocations become a breeze with customizable templates that can be linked to provide a drill down between entities and departments within entities that record the transaction while self-balancing their respective intercompany accounts.
- The open source architecture of Intacct allows for the design of many third party applications that seamlessly integrate into the software. We currently use Brittenford System's positive pay and Nexonia's receipts applications and are extremely pleased with how easily they sync together with Intacct.
- The use of dimensions appear to be unique to Intacct and provide a powerful tool to accumulate data without the use of cumbersome sub-accounts. This makes viewing of your general ledger or creation of reports for specific attributes simpler and easier to acquire.
- Research is a snap with the full drill down capabilities of Intacct...from dashboard to reports to general ledger to accounts payable/journal entry transaction to image of the source document. What could possibly be easier?
- Granular control over specific modules and individual or role based users. I have never used software with this level of control over user rights...ever.
- Although it is rumored to be in development, Intacct presently does not have an automated invoice approval process unless it is entered via the purchasing module. Since we do not use a purchase order system, we have to manually obtain approvals.
- Intacct tries to accommodate users on the East and West coast and have their conferences in alternating years in Florida and Las Vegas. Unfortunately the Florida conference is about 12 to 14 hours to get to from Hawaii. In addition, webinar times and software maintenance schedules are oriented towards mainland users and can occur at inconvenient times.
- Although most of the help desk personnel are fairy strong, some are stronger than others and it is reflected in the level of support you receive.
- Our accounts payable processing time has increased significantly with a smoother user interface and customizable input screens. Last vendor input templates have decreased input times for repetitive client invoices and help improve accuracy. In addition, research time has become more efficient with drill down capabilities and highlighted screen visuals.
- Remote access capabilities and real time processing allow accounting personnel to work in different areas while maintaining efficiencies. This gives rise to greater flexibility in space planning.
- Flexible report writer has allowed us to easily tailor reports to provide information, as opposed to data, to our users.
Key questions to ask:
1. How can Intacct help us to maintain the books and process receivables/payables for multiple affiliates?
2. How flexible is Intacct in adapting to different lines of businesses and ease of set up in a BPO environment?
3. What is the pricing model for my line of business and how does Intacct help me to succeed in growing my BPO business?
4. If there is a certain functionality that I am looking for that Intacct does not provide, would Intacct provide recommendations for third party applications that best suit my needs and which other users are satisfied with?
5. How can Intacct help to provide internal controls and an adequate segregation of duties within my company?
6. How can Intacct accumulate data and turn it into information that will help me run my business?
7. Does Intacct have a smart phone application that will allow me or my clients to access/process (e.g. approve or select vendor payments) data remotely?