Overall Satisfaction with Intercom
Intercom is used in BUSSI as our main communication channel with our users (passengers) and our drivers. For passengers, we collect all customer service channels such as Facebook, mail, website chat, and application chat so every conversation enters Intercom and our customer care agents are able to reply and follow-up from a single place. For Drivers instead of using isolated WhatsApp groups we have implemented a driver application that has embedded the Intercom chat and it works as a bidirectional channel to support them in any situation.
- Intercom integrates the majority of channels in a single place so it makes it easy to manage customer care teams
- Intercom has a very dynamic style of conversation, forget about the boring ticketing systems. Intercom is the tool to go and users appreciate it a lot.
- You can separate several intercom accounts, this way you may have a customer care team that only works for passengers and a logistics team that only works in drivers for example.
- It has many other features like push notifications, mail marketing campaigns that are already built into intercom.
- they just need a WhatsApp business integration and it could be the perfect tool out there.
- They still can improve a lot the audio messages or features for voice communication
- Intercom nowadays make use of tags which I think there is plenty of room for improvement.
- Multichannel communication
- Multiple organization or multiple intercom accounts to separate your customer care teams in the appropriate accounts
- push notification email marketing tools
- Intercom seems more expensive than other platforms but it impacts positively in the retention and engagement from the customer side which mean customers using your product for longer periods of time and buying recurrently
- We didn't expect but actually our customer support agents are so happy using Intercom, they love the UX, the dynamism and how easy their job becomes than when using ticketing systems
- You can see the whole business from a high level perspective and make decisions to improve your business
Before we had Zendesk as the main customer care system, but it wasn't the ideal tool for us. Tickets could be assigned to different people there was no certainty for the customer if he was gonna have an answer or a solution at the moment. Intercom in the other hand gives that certainty because you see the agents connected and agents can follow-up specifica customer until they solve the situation so the customer feels that we care. Also tried Zopim and smoochio in order to do a multichannel solution for us but at the end Intercom had already built in the solution we were looking for
Do you think Intercom delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Intercom's feature set?
Did Intercom live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Intercom go as expected?
Would you buy Intercom again?
I always recommend Intercom for implementation where you have to care about your customer If you have a customer-first policy no matter the channel the customer is trying to reach you, then Intercom should be your tool. In our case Bussi is a Mobility as a service platform, our users (the passengers) reach out from several channels and no matter the channel we can follow-up on the specific case and they are happy to solve the problem at the moment. If you are more like an old fashion domain web server seller where your customer is ok raising a support ticketing and wait up to 24 hours for an answer then just go with the ticketing but if your business is dynamic then go with intercom.