Review of JAMF
November 01, 2018
Review of JAMF
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jamf Pro
We started using Jamf (ex Casper) when I started as a Classroom Administrator managing Lab/Cluster machines at Brandeis. At first we just used Imaging. Overtime, we switched to the full suite and started managing all campus machines as well. Not only did it help us image machines deployed to labs, staff and faculty, we finally have an inventory system tied to our users and we are able to specify departments and other asset info. In imaging, layered package structure allowed us to update specific packages individually, instead of rebuilding everything. Recently, touch deployment had made our work more seamlessly operating with Apple DEP. About a year ago, we switched to Jamf Cloud, which is another great decision made. Since then we relied on Jamf to update JSS and have 99% uptime except for maintenance. I highly recommend Jamf.
- Configuration profile management - Working with Apple Push allowing more direct management.
- Imaging - there is no other tools like Jamf imaging to be able to prep and image a mass amount of machines at once.
- Composer - Made package building easy and allows a great deal of customization.
- Recon - remote enrollment doesn't seem to always work, can improve.
- Jamf Admin - I think the layout is getting a little outdated, maybe room for improvement?
- Positive - Self service, allow users to easily get software needed without going through Help Desk.
- Positive - Ability to deploy/manage FileVault helps secure our assets well.