JIRA - the game changer!
Overall Satisfaction with JIRA Service Desk
- allows multiple users to collaborate on the same project with ease.
- offers multiple reporting options to track tickets.
- automated emails relating to updates - users are always notified when they need to take action on a particular task.
- Jira does not seem to like IE. It is much quicker on Chrome.
- Can be overwhelming for a new user. Training resources are somewhat limited.
- I wish there was a way to set rules behind automated emails. Example: only send emails when status or assignee has changed.
- Visibility into all tickets/projects is excellent.
- Reporting allows upper management a "snapshot" of all projects and their current status.
- Time tracking capabilities allow management to pinpoint bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
Jira is a great tool for organizations who already have a well-defined process for tickets/projects.
If your organization does not have multiple stakeholders who take part in tickets/projects this tool may not be the best fit.
It makes QA much easier since all communication between QA team and developers are in once place (with screenshots, short videos, etc).