Easy to use CMS
August 06, 2014
Easy to use CMS
Score 8 out of 10
- Custom HTML
- Tweet Display Back
- Maximenu CK
Overall Satisfaction with Joomla!
We use Joomla to create Public Involvement sites to support construction projects that are in progress to get information out to the general public in various states. We create these site for external clients. Quick deployment of these sites there is minimal effort needed to get a site up and running.
- Available templates that are easy to customize and deploy almost immediately
- Great open source so a lot of available documentation/support to help with issues
- Easy to use interface and easy to hand off to client to update on their on with minimal support from us.
- More embedded templates for menu, header, slide show and footer customization instead of having to implement 3rd party modules.
- More in-built templates to select from so there is no need to look for other templates to customize to have some basic layout with responsive design.
- Better security measures would help some sites that have been hacked in the past. We were able to control that through the cPanel through our hosting services.
- Better customer service,
- Faster turn around in work as the client is able to maintain and update their content on their own
We do currently use ExpressionEngine (EE) as well as it gives us some more flexibility when trying to display documents/ reports in an automated manner and better file management and integration with FTP. We weren't very happy with Squarespace as it has a challenging user interface although some of the built apps were very useful. Joomla and EE are our preferred CMS as they give provide a more all round service and features.
Renewal is very likely as our clients are happy with the end results and its easy to transition the site to them. Our turnaround time with these sites is impressive.