August 06, 2014
Score 3 out of 10
- several others
Overall Satisfaction with Joomla!
- Clean cut, business-type design and layout. Looks good for business.
- Solid core development and upgrades, stable.
- Majority of plugins are costly to use, even in basic versions. Have to pay to use most plugin functionality.
- Separating component/plugin/module is over-complicating development. Combining the functionality together would make it much simpler, perhaps cleaner.
- Upgrade the plugin repo. While listing some available plugins, oftentimes you still have to externally download them upload said plugin.
- Neither positive nor negative impact, simply a CMS that was an end to a client need.
Client needed to upgrade their system from Joomla 1.x to the latest 3.X, only reason why I selected Joomla!. Made no sense in migrating to different CMS if the core was already done.
Only if a client REALLY wants to use it, otherwise, I'll stick with less complicated/costly CMS alternatives.