Great for freelancers, software teams, startups, IT teams, and really any teamhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementKanbaneryUnspecified8.631012015-10-06T17:00:49.582Z
October 06, 2015
Great for freelancers, software teams, startups, IT teams, and really any team
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Kanbanery
I've been using Kanbanery for about three years to manage both my personal projects and client work. I create a new board for every client and for large clients I have a board per project. Putting all my tasks on Kanbanery boards and sharing them with clients makes communication a lot easier. It lets us share files and feedback at various stages of the design process, and saves me from having to write status reports because my clients can just look at Kanbanery and see exactly what's happening on their projects.
- I really like how easy it is for my clients to use Kanbanery. That's the most important thing for me in a project management tool, because I don't want the tool to get in the way of working with clients.
- I can see really quickly what needs to be done, and more importantly, what doesn't need to be done. Having a clear view of all my tasks takes a lot of stress of off me.
- Kanbanery is also good for communication with clients. If I have a task card that represents a component, we can talk about it in comments, or we use the project chat for general stuff. It keeps my email from getting cluttered.
- The UI was well-designed, but it hasn't changed in years. Flat and material design have changed how new web applications look and feel, and Kanbanery could use an update.
- The logo could use an update, too. It doesn't really communicate anything to me.
- I spend a lot less time than I use to giving clients updates. I used to spend more time in email and on the phone, just letting people know what was going on and chasing down feedback. Now most of that happens inside Kanbanery.
- My clients are happy that they can get answers from the tool at any time and don't have to wait for me to reply to emails.
Kanbanery is the easiest to use with the best visibility. It doesn't have a lot of features I don't need, like Basecamp or LeanKit, but it's much more robust than Trello or Pivotal Tracker. It's just the perfect balance of ease of use and collaboration tools for me. I also like the UI better than the others. It's sleek without a lot of bright colors and rounded corners that make some tools look plastic and unprofessional.
I recommend Kanbanery all the time. My wife's using it with her students to manage class projects. My brother just started using it for his sales team for tracking prospects through the sales process. It's just really good for anyone who's busy and has a lot to organize, and anyone who's working with a team, especially if they can't all be in the same place all the time.