https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/GD/wh/0DQHRLHPV82E.PNGSo simple, but it's also really powerful and makes us efficientWe were using Atlassian JIRA for years, but I suggested Kanbanery about ten months ago. First my team started using it, and then some of the other teams gave it a try and liked it. We're using it now for all internal and client work. We have a separate board for support requests and the programmers here check both boards each morning to plan their day.,You can just look at it and see what you should be doing. You can see what you're working on, or what you could be working on, or where someone else might need help. It's really quick and easy to learn. You just create task cards and drag them around. The task chats keep us from having to send a lot of emails around.,I'd love to see some improvements in the Scrum burn down chart, but it works okay as it is. It would be nice if we could adjust the width of the columns. It's fine on most monitors, but on a small screen I have to scroll sideways.,10,I feel like we're much more efficient. I spend more time working on tasks now and a lot less time digging through tickets. Since we can see when there's a problem in our team really easy with Kanbanery, people get help when they need it sooner. That has to be good for productivity.,Atlassian JIRAGreat for freelancers, software teams, startups, IT teams, and really any teamI've been using Kanbanery for about three years to manage both my personal projects and client work. I create a new board for every client and for large clients I have a board per project. Putting all my tasks on Kanbanery boards and sharing them with clients makes communication a lot easier. It lets us share files and feedback at various stages of the design process, and saves me from having to write status reports because my clients can just look at Kanbanery and see exactly what's happening on their projects.,I really like how easy it is for my clients to use Kanbanery. That's the most important thing for me in a project management tool, because I don't want the tool to get in the way of working with clients. I can see really quickly what needs to be done, and more importantly, what doesn't need to be done. Having a clear view of all my tasks takes a lot of stress of off me. Kanbanery is also good for communication with clients. If I have a task card that represents a component, we can talk about it in comments, or we use the project chat for general stuff. It keeps my email from getting cluttered.,The UI was well-designed, but it hasn't changed in years. Flat and material design have changed how new web applications look and feel, and Kanbanery could use an update. The logo could use an update, too. It doesn't really communicate anything to me.,10,I spend a lot less time than I use to giving clients updates. I used to spend more time in email and on the phone, just letting people know what was going on and chasing down feedback. Now most of that happens inside Kanbanery. My clients are happy that they can get answers from the tool at any time and don't have to wait for me to reply to emails.,Pivotal Tracker, Basecamp, LeanKit and Trello
Kanbanery

Kanbanery Reviews

Kanbanery
Filter 3 vetted Kanbanery reviews and ratings
Tiffany Midgley profile photo
October 22, 2015

Kanbanery Review: "So simple, but it's also really powerful and makes us efficient"

• You can just look at it and see what you should be doing. You can see what you're working on, or what you could be working on, or where someone else might need help.
  • It's really quick and easy to learn. You just create task cards and drag them around.
  • The task chats keep us from having to send a lot of emails around.
  • I'd love to see some improvements in the Scrum burn down chart, but it works okay as it is.
  • It would be nice if we could adjust the width of the columns. It's fine on most monitors, but on a small screen I have to scroll sideways.
I use Kanbanery for web app projects, customer support, and for my personal tasks. I think it would be perfect for DevOps, too. It might get a little tricky if there were hundreds of developers on one project, but with just ten to twenty people per team it's perfect.
Read Tiffany Midgley's full review
James Simeon profile photo
October 06, 2015

Kanbanery Review: "Great for freelancers, software teams, startups, IT teams, and really any team"

• I really like how easy it is for my clients to use Kanbanery. That's the most important thing for me in a project management tool, because I don't want the tool to get in the way of working with clients.
  • I can see really quickly what needs to be done, and more importantly, what doesn't need to be done. Having a clear view of all my tasks takes a lot of stress of off me.
  • Kanbanery is also good for communication with clients. If I have a task card that represents a component, we can talk about it in comments, or we use the project chat for general stuff. It keeps my email from getting cluttered.
  • The UI was well-designed, but it hasn't changed in years. Flat and material design have changed how new web applications look and feel, and Kanbanery could use an update.
  • The logo could use an update, too. It doesn't really communicate anything to me.
I recommend Kanbanery all the time. My wife's using it with her students to manage class projects. My brother just started using it for his sales team for tracking prospects through the sales process. It's just really good for anyone who's busy and has a lot to organize, and anyone who's working with a team, especially if they can't all be in the same place all the time.
Read James Simeon's full review

Kanbanery Scorecard Summary

Task Management (2)
9.6
Team Collaboration (2)
Support for Agile Methodology (2)
9.6
Support for Waterfall Methodology (2)
5.9
Email integration (2)
Mobile Access (2)

About Kanbanery

Kanbanery is an easy to use but full-featured online visual project management tool for personal or team use. It utilizes the kanban style to organize tasks and workflows. Users create task cards and move them through columns as work is completed. Kanbanery handles notifications, metrics, and reporting. In addition to the business offering, a fully-functional free plan is available for personal use.