Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 22, 2015
Score 10 out of 10
We were using Atlassian JIRA for years, but I suggested Kanbanery about ten months ago. First my team started using it, and then some of the other teams gave it a try and liked it. We're using it now for all internal and client work. We have a separate board for support requests and the programmers here check both boards each morning to plan their day.
- You can just look at it and see what you should be doing. You can see what you're working on, or what you could be working on, or where someone else might need help.
- It's really quick and easy to learn. You just create task cards and drag them around.
- The task chats keep us from having to send a lot of emails around.
- I'd love to see some improvements in the Scrum burn down chart, but it works okay as it is.
- It would be nice if we could adjust the width of the columns. It's fine on most monitors, but on a small screen I have to scroll sideways.
Read Tiffany Midgley's full review
I use Kanbanery for web app projects, customer support, and for my personal tasks. I think it would be perfect for DevOps, too. It might get a little tricky if there were hundreds of developers on one project, but with just ten to twenty people per team it's perfect.
Score 10 out of 10
I've been using Kanbanery for about three years to manage both my personal projects and client work. I create a new board for every client and for large clients I have a board per project. Putting all my tasks on Kanbanery boards and sharing them with clients makes communication a lot easier. It lets us share files and feedback at various stages of the design process, and saves me from having to write status reports because my clients can just look at Kanbanery and see exactly what's happening on their projects.
- I really like how easy it is for my clients to use Kanbanery. That's the most important thing for me in a project management tool, because I don't want the tool to get in the way of working with clients.
- I can see really quickly what needs to be done, and more importantly, what doesn't need to be done. Having a clear view of all my tasks takes a lot of stress of off me.
- Kanbanery is also good for communication with clients. If I have a task card that represents a component, we can talk about it in comments, or we use the project chat for general stuff. It keeps my email from getting cluttered.
- The UI was well-designed, but it hasn't changed in years. Flat and material design have changed how new web applications look and feel, and Kanbanery could use an update.
- The logo could use an update, too. It doesn't really communicate anything to me.
Read James Simeon's full review
I recommend Kanbanery all the time. My wife's using it with her students to manage class projects. My brother just started using it for his sales team for tracking prospects through the sales process. It's just really good for anyone who's busy and has a lot to organize, and anyone who's working with a team, especially if they can't all be in the same place all the time.
Kanbanery Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Kanbanery is an easy to use but full-featured online visual project management tool for personal or team use. It utilizes the kanban style to organize tasks and workflows. Users create task cards and move them through columns as work is completed. Kanbanery handles notifications, metrics, and reporting. In addition to the business offering, a fully-functional free plan is available for personal use.
Categories: Project Management
LeanKit, Wrike, Trello
Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
Entry-level set up fee?No
Kanbanery Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||40%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||8%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||2%|
Kanbanery Support Options
Kanbanery Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|