Overall Satisfaction with Kentico 8
BitWise Solutions is an Indianapolis custom web application development company. We use Kentico to provide our customers with a robust CMS that is easily customize by developers. Kentico delivers an enterprise ready content management system at a price that is hard to beat for all the functionality that it has. BitWise solutions is a Microsoft centric development shop. Kentico is built in asp.net and fully integrates with Visual Studio.
- Easy to work with and customize from a developer standpoint. This makes it possible to deliver exactly what the client wants.
- Built in asp.net and fully integrates with Visual Studio. Any asp.net developer should have no problems with Kentico
- Tons of built-in modules and it's very easy to add custom modules and functionality
- Great support and helpful community of developers
- Enterprise level product at a reasonable price
- It seems that pure aspx templates sometimes take a backseat to portal functionality but this is understandable from a big picture perspective.
- The number of files in the solution is still an issue but this is improving with each version.
- As Kentico matures it seems there might be a trend to make customization harder for developers. Hopefully is stays developer friendly.
- Kentico can be developed quicker and cheaper than other CMS solutions in the marketplace.
- Kentico runs on established Microsoft technologies making support more efficient.
- Kentico has great SEO built-in making the customers website more accessible and more easily found by search engines.
Ektron is a great content management system in it's own right but Kentico delivers a lot of the same functionality for a much smaller price. The license fees for Kentico are very reasonable especially when compared to solutions such as Ektron. Kentico is an enterprise ready CMS with a small business price.
At BitWise Solutions, we will continue to use Kentico for our CMS needs because it give our clients the functionality they want at a fraction of the price of similar competitors. It's easy to use for developer so we can get solutions out the door quicker. It runs on a standardized platform which has a lot of inherent support as well as good support from Kentico's community of developers.
Any company looking for a robust content management system that is built on the .net platform should look at Kentico for a solution. Kentico might not have the marketing budget of the other well known CMS solutions out there but it is a mature application and you will get a lot of value for your money when choosing it.