Kofax Power PDF is a power play!
Tom Lutman | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2020

Kofax Power PDF is a power play!

Software Version

Power PDF Advanced

Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)

I primarily use Power PDF in my organization to create, edit and export PDF documents for clients, customer presentations and documentation of configurations for various products that I have prepared for my clients. I use it as a PDF "printer" to create PDFs from other applications, ranging from MS Office to graphics and web pages.
  • Clean exports of documents through the virtual printer functionality.
  • Ease of signing and securing documents in various formats, depending on customer needs.
  • Ability to edit text within a PDF document, especially for forms.
  • Splitting, combining and reorganizing documents is very easy even with a mix of text and non-text material.
  • The default text box editor is difficult to work with - it extends across the screen, which creates a challenge with adding multiple text fields.
  • Power PDF has increased my ability to provide quality documents to my clients without working what software they use (Office, QuickBooks, etc.).
  • The learning curve for Power PDF was very short, which enabled me to get up and running quickly.
  • Power PDF is a lot less expensive than most alternatives.
Kofax has provided excellent support since I purchased the "upgrade" to Kofax. Support was nonexistent for Nuance after Kofax bought them out. It was disappointing, but not unexpected.

Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)'s feature set?

Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) go as expected?

Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) again?

I have only used it for fairly light document editing and management. I would highly recommend Kofax Power PDF for any small business that needs to create and send out reports, spreadsheets, presentations, etc., without worrying about what applications the receiver may have for viewing. I originally purchased when it was Nuance Power PDF, but the Kofax version appears to be more stable.