Overall Satisfaction with Lansweeper
Lansweeper is being used in various ways throughout my organization. In our IT department, we are using it for discovering and maintaining our software licenses, tracking support needs through the help desk feature, and of course use its capability to inventory our desktop and server infrastructure. We also are using it as a knowledge base for end users.
- Easy to use.
- A one stop shop for hardware and software inventory, help desk, and knowledge base.
- Great tech support.
- The help desk tool is nice, but setup was a little cumbersome.
- While their support is great, it's generally only through email.
- Reporting on hardware is much easier.
- Reporting on software licensing is a snap.
- Having a central location where users can get some info on FAQs is great!
- SolarWinds Web Help Desk and ManageEngine
SolarWinds Web Help Desk is very bare bones and just not a very intuitive interface. The ticketing system was just a pain to work with and setup took ages upon ages to set up. ManageEngine was a nice solution but it also took quite some time to configure properly. It really was between the two (ManageEngine and Lansweeper).
Lansweeper is well suited for any IT environment. If you want to have a snapshot of what's going on in your network inventory wise, this is your application! If you want a knowledge base, this is your application! If you want a help desk, again, this is your application to try! It really does a lot of things and for the most part does it well!