Inventory tool you need for your business!https://www.trustradius.com/it-asset-managementLansweeperUnspecified8271012019-05-16T14:22:48.557Z
May 16, 2019
Inventory tool you need for your business!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Lansweeper
In our university, Lansweeper is mainly being used for computers and hardware inventory over the network and outside our network. We needed an inventory solution that wasn't requiring the server to probe the clients for security reasons. It's now being used by nearly all our IT staff departments. Also, we needed something where we could show data on multiple angles because we have different IT teams over several buildings that support specific VLANs of machines.
- Lansweeper is grabbing lots of data from the machines without slowing the network and the client machines. We can easily get all the installed software data, hardware and linked hardware and all the user you can grab from the AD (computer and user).
- Lansweeper can now scan Windows, Mac and Linux with an agent installed (or not if you want that the server is the one pulling the data).
- The web interface is really friendly user and offers lots of possibilities to personalize your dashboard as you see fit.
- Reports engine is really powerful and easy to monitor your machines and also your security issues.
- I don't know why Lansweeper decided to integrate a helpdesk within its inventory software but I think its a pain cause if you only want to use the inventory, you have to disable several things in your UI.
- It's using your AD hard. So watch out when you decide to pull data from your AD to complement your LS data cause it's gonna open and close one connection per object which is insane.
- It would be very helpful to be able to get mobiles linked to LS without having to use hardcore infrastructure provided from Apple and MS.
- It had a positive impact on solutions expense cause several teams we're using different solutions with different costs that used several servers and DB resources. Now, we've been able to simply that a lot with Lansweeper.
- With my previous point, people had to train and learn about each of their solutions. Now we can put a team in charge and so the other teams can focus on other tasks.
- Last year Lansweeper changed their licencing prices a lot so it slashed our budget.
Lots of solutions were not able to scan platforms outside of Windows and LS was able to at some point. Lansweeper was the most affordable solution at the time when we did our selection. Lots of solutions we're not user-friendly and had way too many menus and configurations and were hosted on non-standard infra for us.
Lansweeper is well suited for small, medium and large businesses with LAN-only devices and outside as well. It's great to scan all sort of things and reporting them to you in the way you want (graphics, charts, tables, etc.). I have no clue about their help desk features cause we're not using them but I could see a benefit from using one tool for two things. It still has some room for improvement for mobile devices and MacOS and Linux devices scan with agents, but they're working on it so there's hope.