A Visual Brand's Dream
November 19, 2019
A Visual Brand's Dream
Director of Content
Platypus LabsMarketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Later
Later is being used by the marketing department to promote and grow our social media channels. It's important that we keep a close eye on post performance and analytics each month, which Later helps us to do.
- Allows you to schedule Instagram Stories Content. No other tool that I have tried allows this feature.
- Great analytics available for Instagram - something that lacks on many other platforms.
- The LinkIn.Bio feature allows you to drive traffic to multiple sources, which is helpful for accounts without a swipe-up link.
- It's easy to switch between accounts if you are managing multiple brands and platforms.
- Later doesn't allow you to tweet just a link (no photo attached), which can be a challenge at times when planning content.
- It would be nice if Later could pull in posts that are shared natively. Sprout Social does this and it is very convenient.
- As of right now, you can only sort by account (IG, TW, FB) to see your content. I would be nice if you could select multiple and see the content calendar as a whole across platforms.
Sprout Social is a great tool, however, the price for a smaller company like ours was prohibitive. Later doesn't have LinkedIn support the way Sprout Social does, however Later does have unique product offerings for Instagram that ultimately set them apart for our team. We've had no posting errors or issues with Later's reliability like we have experienced in the past with Sprout.
The online chat support is very convenient and super helpful. The reps that I have emailed with were also very knowledgeable and were REAL people. That can be hard to find in this new digital age.
Do you think Later Social delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Later Social's feature set?
Did Later Social live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Later Social go as expected?
Would you buy Later Social again?
Later is well suited for you if you have a lot of visual content to share on social media. It helps you plan out your graphics, especially for Instagram, and does a nice job of housing everything and keeping track of what went live and when. It's less appropriate if your brand posts a lot of links, or focuses largely on LinkedIn, since Later does not support that platform.