Twitter (207)

9.2

Content planning and scheduling (223)

9.2

Facebook (213)

LinkedIn (191)

Professional

per month (1 user / 10 social profiles)

Team

per month (3 users / 20 social profiles)

Business

per month (5, up to 10 users / 35 social profiles)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://hootsuite.com/plans

Listening/monitoring

Publishing

Engagement

Marketing

Channel coverage/integration

Reporting/analytics

Account management

What is Hootsuite?

With over 200,000 paid accounts and millions of users, Hootsuite powers social media for organizations around the world—from the smallest businesses to the largest enterprises. Hootsuite helps users build their brands, strengthen connections with customers, and drive business results business leaders care about by integrating social across the whole organization.

With Hootsuite, users can schedule posts across multiple social networks (including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube ), manage organic and paid social content together, keep track of customer conversations, break down silos in collaboration within the organization, and gain real-time insights from social media to make critical business decisions—all from one dashboard.

As a social media management solution, Hootsuite can set up users for success with expert certifications, training, and coaching in social marketing, social listening, and customer care.

According to the vendor, the Key Benefits

• Save time by crafting and scheduling posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Youtube from one dashboard.

• Fine-tune how teams collaborate by assigning tasks, managing approvals, and monitoring team performance.

• Reach more customers and grow engagement by automating posts to reach the audience at the best times.

• Turn real-time data into strategic insights by monitoring mentions of a brand, key industry topics, and competitors.

• Streamline how users deliver customer care and support by sending incoming messages across social profiles to the right people in an organization.

• Get a better understanding of what customers want with analytics and gather those insights into customizable reports.

• Reach beyond dedicated followers and drive new customers to a brand by managing and reviewing social advertising performance.

• Level up skills with industry leading certifications, training, and strategic coaching with Hootsuite experts.

• Manage and maintain a social presence from anywhere, at any time, with the Hootsuite mobile app.

• Discover new tools—or connect existing technology—with 200+ technology partners and applications in the Hootsuite ecosystem.

Hootsuite Features

Account management Features

• Supported: Role-based user permissions & privileges
  • Supported: Mobile access

Hootsuite Screenshots

Monitoring: Monitor all of your social media profiles in one place and track the topics that matter to your brand.Scheduling: Plan social content as a team with an intuitive, shared planner that features collaborative post drafts and built-in approval workflows.Publishing: Create, publish and schedule engaging posts across your social channels.Customer Engagement: Never miss a message and respond to customer inquiries faster with a consolidated stream of messages across networks that can be triaged and assigned. Provides optional chatbot handover for automated responses.Analytics & Reporting: Measure the impact of your social media content and gather meaningful insights about your followers in order to make more informed strategic decisions. Create and distribute customizable reports in a variety of formats.

Hootsuite Videos

How to Use Hootsuite in 13 Minutes
How to Use Hootsuite’s Advanced Features in 13 Minutes

Hootsuite Downloadables

Hootsuite Integrations

Hootsuite Competitors

Hootsuite Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Arabic, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Catalan, Indonesian, Turkish, Russian, Polish

Alternatives

What is Hootsuite?

HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.

What is Hootsuite's best feature?

Reviewers rate Content planning and scheduling and Twitter highest, with a score of 9.2.

Who uses Hootsuite?

The most common users of Hootsuite are from Small Businesses and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

We utilize HootSuite as our central point of management of all of our active social channels. This currently includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest. Hootsuite solves a very simple issue - providing a single access point to log in to each social channel, schedule posts, and manage any follower engagements without having to log in to or manage these functions from with each of the social apps. Being that this is a web-based tool, Hootsuite overcomes the issues related to posting through a native app on a mobile phone.
  • Consolidated login and management of social posts.
  • single viewpoint to quickly review and manage all social feedback and engagement from followers.
  • Very easy to use UX that provides a full range of basic social management functionality.
  • Influencer recruitment - we would like to be able to research potential influencers to join our program.
  • Poor reporting and analytics within each platform within the Pro version.
  • Somewhat expensive for the functionality provided.
  • Only 1 user account provided in the Pro version.
Works well for a small company with a single social account within each platform. If you are looking to build your social presence and follower base, grow your influence or perform a deep analysis of your social performance within each platform, look elsewhere for another solution. This is truly not the lane Hootsuite is able to run in.
Hootsuite is a capable solution for 'basic' social functions. If you are looking to really grow your follower base, need social merchandising capabilities, need support for your influencer program, or need to perform deep analysis on your social performance you need to look into other solutions.
Kira Dineen, MS, LCGC, CG(ASCP)CM | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our team utilizes Hootsuite so we can stay organized with our social media scheduling. It is often challenging to post in real time. Hootsuite offers a fantastic way to cut down on the time required in posting to social media compared to posting in real time. It's very easy for us to schedule posts on multiple networks including LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.
  • Easy to use platform
  • Collaborate with team members
  • Display streams of content
  • The inability to posting video to LinkedIn
  • The inability to tag accounts on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook
  • Improved Analytics
The core function of Hootsuite for my team is scheduling social media curations to be posted. It is a reliable network so posts will go through. Other platforms I have tried have not been as easy to use and I've always come back to Hootsuite. Unless the social media platform itself has [a] scheduler, we default to Hootsuite. I do have some issues with the platform when it comes to scheduling, which may be because of what social media sites allow third party users to do. One major issue is that you cannot schedule a video to be posted on LinkedIn. You also cannot tag accounts in the post on either LinkedIn or Instagram. Tagging accounts is important for engagement and further reach.
I do not recall using customer service. I typically Google my issue and usually I can find it through Hootsuite's FAQs or another third party website that has the answer. Honestly, Hootsuite is so straight forward I rarely have any issues come up and can resolve them on my own.
Kristi Porter | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Hootsuite for periodically scheduling my personal LinkedIn and Twitter posts; both personal and professional. I have used it for many years and have always found it to be a decent and easy-to-use tool. I used Hootsuite for my own personal social scheduling even before I was a business owner. I don't use it regularly but do use Hootsuite as needed and it remains consistent in use and features. I have also recommended it to others depending on their needs, and trust it to be a good tool for social media pros and novices alike. There are good reasons that Hootsuitge remains so popular.
  • Easy to post
  • Nice layout
  • Three free social accounts
  • Easy to schedule
  • Good features for adding images
  • Company has been consistent over time
  • Not too many marketing emails
  • The cost has risen a lot
  • Only 30 scheduled posts for free accounts
  • Not as sophisticated as some of the other options
  • Doesn't auto recycle posts
Hootsuite is pretty straightforward for posting and scheduling. It's easy to connect accounts and start posting immediately [plus it's easy] to add images and see your accounts in action. For a lot of people and companies, Hootsuite could probably be a great tool. They also have some good training for those who want to learn more or stay updated on trends. The major downside[s] for me, even when looking at it as a paid account were: first, the posts don't automatically recycle and I wanted to be more hands-off; second, after the free account, the pricing increases pretty dramatically, so it would've been a big investment for me. For that reason, I use Hootsuite as a backup or overflow account during certain seasons when I need to schedule posts but don't want to use Smarterqueue, which is my main service.
It's been quite a while since I contacted support, and I've only used it a few times, [my experience was] very positive. Sometimes being early to the marketplace can mean that customer service falls flat after a lot of growth, but that wasn't my experience with Hootsuite. They seem to keep their customers in mind.
Nancy Harhut | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite allows me to schedule my important social posts in advance, which is so helpful in my industry. It's a real-time saver. When I see something I want to post on Twitter and LinkedIn, I am able to schedule it at the moment, so I don't forget. It's easy to use - especially from a mobile phone! I highly recommend Hootsuite!
  • Lets me easily schedule a post on twitter.
  • Lets me easily schedule a post on LI.
  • Lets me schedule on the flight using my phone.
  • Using the desktop version is slower than the mobile one.
  • Would like to schedule some posts way in advance.
  • UI is not as intuitive on desktop.
If you read voraciously online and often find yourself thinking, "Oh, I would like to share this with my community, they would find it useful or would want to know this news," then Hootsuite is a good tool to be aware of. It offers you the flexibility to quickly and easily just grab that piece of content and schedule it to be shared when you want it shared.
I have never really had to contact customer support directly, but just in terms of ease of use and finding what I need, I have had a satisfactory experience. Had I had the need to reach out online or by phone to discuss a particular problem, I would be in a position to offer something more than a neutral evaluation. Fortunately for me, that need has not arisen, which perhaps says something in and of itself about the Hootsuite product.
Raine Bepler | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Hootsuite on a daily basis when I need to post something on all of our social media accounts. It is much more convenient than going to each individual social media platform and copying and pasting the same exact content. I also utilize Hootsuite when I need to schedule posts for either the weekend, if I'm going to be out-of-office, or for a holiday. I have never had a hiccup when using this software! Great use of money, well worth it, and it saves time!
  • Allows you to schedule posts well in advance
  • You can post Instagram carousels and videos
  • Provides an easy and convenient way to post the same content on multiple social media streams
  • I would like to have the ability to see suggested hashtags for the content I'm about to post, and the top or most popular hashtags at the time of the post.
  • I would like to have the ability to be told when it is the best time for me to post across all of my social media platforms.
  • I wish it wouldn't mess up the quality of the picture/video on some platforms - it should adjust depending on the platform.
Hootsuite is great if you are looking to optimize your time at work with the convenience of just a button - "Post". Super convenient and saves a great deal of my time. Although, if you are looking for detailed analytics, suggested hashtags, or [the] best times to post, you may be looking in the wrong place.
The one time I've needed help, support was there answering me in real-time within only a few minutes. They solved my problem right away and sent me a transcript of our conversation.
In my current role, I use Hootsuite to monitor and evaluate our social media content on LinkedIn and Twitter, while also following relevant mentions or colleague content. The platform allows users to go to a single place and view all current, scheduled, and past content across multiple social accounts rather than going to each account.
  • Organizes social media content in a single platform
  • Aggregates results in dashboard
  • Allows for cross team collaboration
  • Integration into Pardot and Salesforce is lacking
  • Limited creative flexibility
  • Interface is not intuitive for some specific features (e.g. draft content)
Hootsuite's feed view is very helpful and I use it most often. It allows me to see the social media feed for all of my organization's accounts in one place. The previews are effective and true to each social media platform. The scheduling features work very well, and it is easy to post simultaneously across various platforms. However, you cannot schedule simultaneously if you use bespoke URLs for different social accounts (e.g. Twitter vs LinkedIn) Having multiple team members schedule social media posts to work flawlessly, and various types of media all post seamlessly.
No support was used - we did however have an initial setup and training call which was helpful for learning where and how to make the most of our enterprise subscription. The intro could have been better but in general, it was a good experience and highlighted the efficiency of the calendar, feed, and reporting features.
Matt Schultheis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We needed an easy-to-use platform to help our team publish client content to their social media accounts. Hootsuite was a big help as it allowed my team to aggregate the posting of content through multiple platforms and clients easily and I was able to oversee every aspect of what we were posting to ensure quality control.
  • Posting social media content on a schedule
  • Allowing for the publishing of multiple pieces of content across accounts
  • Ease of use
  • Dashboard makes it easy to manage multiple accounts
  • Allowing more accounts without having to upgrade to a plan that is too big for our needs
  • Accounts would frequently be logged out, forcing us to log back in again
  • Would like to see added functionality for LinkedIn. I don't remember that being an option
If a business is looking for an easy way to post to multiple social media accounts then Hootsuite is a great option. The pricing is comparable to other types of sites but the company has been around longer and has been a leader in the space. If social media isn't a priority for you then Hootsuite isn't the tool for you. However, we all know how important it is to have a presence on social for any business of any size in this day and age. If reaching people with your content on social media is important to you, then consider using Hootsuite to plan it out ahead of time and post it for you on a schedule.
Hootsuite's support team has been awesome. Each time I had something that was a concern and reached out to them they responded in a timely manner and provided the answer I was looking for. Whether it was issues with billing or the accounts, we had connected to the platform the support they provided was quick and to the point.
Jake Widner | TrustRadius Reviewer
This platform has allowed me to sync different messages across all my platforms. This tool just beautifully connects with different social networking sites that most individuals and organizations use. In short, this tool saves a lot of our time and gives so many benefits to us. We have been using this tool for a very long time in our business in multiple departments of our organization. The reason being is that it has a very clean, self-explanatory, simple, and user-friendly interface; however, I think that the scheduling could have been made much better.
  • The product has a really interactive media library which is very helpful even when we are out of images.
  • Customer support of this tool is also very understandable and interactive due to which the experience goes very smoothly.
  • It would not be wrong to say that the usability of this product is one of the greatest strengths of Hootsuite.
  • With this tool modification of scheduled posts is just so simple and easy to do which yields great results as well.
  • This platform is not really supportive of LinkedIn as it sometimes does not allow you to tag different videos on your personal accounts with this platform.
  • I feel that the amount of channels we can manage with the Pro account is just a very small quantity.
Without a doubt, I would recommend this tool to other businesses because it has been embellished with so many good integration features. It is one of the finest social media management tools which we have had the experience of using for more than two years. The features like engagement features, monitoring features, publishing features, and marketing features of this app are worth a try and that is why I would highly recommend this tool to other businesses to definitely give it a try.
The customer support of this tool is also really good. All the customer support staff knows how to do their job in a pretty efficient way. Their team is so professional that I never had any complaints because everyone is there to tackle all the problems. They provide a very responsive and prompt response which is what I am really thankful for.
David Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite is one of the finest options out there for Social Media Management Tools. We have been using this tool all across my company as it plays an integral role in many different departments. This tool has addressed many of our problems like it has allowed us to see all of the interactions from our followers just in a single space and then respond to them directly as well. Moreover, this platform has also allowed us to use blocks of time on different days to engage. All in all, this is one of the best Social Media Management Tools I have ever used.
  • You know when posts are going to get live through the publisher, so you are well aware of when to schedule next.
  • The platform provides us with the ability to view all the metrics in one place, which for some emerging businesses could be a very big thing.
  • This software is easy to use and intuitive in nature, so users can easily benefit from its user-friendliness.
  • The performance and efficiency of this tool are on point. Everything is pretty much decent and well-balanced.
  • I have always had a great experience with this software because its user interface is so user-friendly that it never made me feel odd for a single moment.
  • After the purchasing of the platform, the features should not be then limited to users as we paid for them to be unlocked.
  • I found the initial setup a little difficult and confusing to do due to which user frustration can be a common issue.
I would definitely recommend this tool to other businesses and individuals because of its high performance and great efficiency. As a user of this product for so many years, it is safe to say this is one of the best tools I have used. Creating, posting, and optimizing on social media can consume a lot of time even more than your expectations. However, with this tool, you know that your time will not be wasted. Hence, I would recommend this tool to other businesses as social media plays a pivotal role for every business nowadays so it is good to be using the right platform.
Its customer support is active. I always get the most out of their customer support at all times because they are very attentive towards our concerns and they hear out just like I want to be. The training resources of this platform are pretty useful and helpful as well. Moreover, the usability of this product is smooth, intuitive, consistent, and effective.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a freelance composer, social media has always been a vital part of my marketing strategy. Running multiple accounts, on multiple platforms, is time-consuming, to say the least. Hootsuite enables me to post from one place, scheduling the same post in many places at once and saves me valuable time.
  • Scheduling posts.
  • All your social media on one dashboard.
  • Replying to clients promptly from one place.
  • Price point for individuals is a bit high.
  • Sometimes connectivity to networks is spotty.
  • Faster updates.
I often want to blast the same message to multiple platforms at once, which can take up a lot of valuable time. Hootsuite allows you to post multiple messages at once to all of your social media accounts. Their tracking data is amazing - you can see your click-rates, interactions, and schedule posts when they're going to be the most effective. It's an all-in-one social media tool for your business.
In the decade I've used Hootsuite, I've had very few complaints, and most of those were due to API issues, which are the fault of the social media platform. Their interface is clean and easy to figure out, they've saved me so much time and money over the years. Honestly, without them, I would have quit marketing to some platforms because of time. They've enabled me to be everywhere with a minimal amount of time.
Todd Betzold | TrustRadius Reviewer
For Hootsuite, we use it in the marketing department to help share posts on our social media channels. Right now, that consists of just myself but [I'm] hoping that will be expanded over time. This helps [me] schedule and put together monthly content calendars for our social media channels and see them all in one structured place.
  • The layout is great and how you can see the monthly calendar is appealing to the eye.
  • Hootsuite is very easy with incorporating and linking to your existing social media channels, [whereas] other programs have not been as smooth.
  • The whole process of adding images, creating posts, and scheduling them is very easy in Hootsuite.
  • Tagging pages in posts doesn't always work or the pages do not pop up
  • Not having the ability to reshare or retweet posts
  • Analytics side of things
Hootsuite is great for posting and scheduling new content for your social media channels. It is a timesaver and a great way of seeing everything you have scheduled/posted in one place. It would be nice to be able to tag other pages/accounts from Hootsuite a little easier.
Everything has been great, but there are always things any company or program can improve on, which I have mentioned in this review.
Holly K. Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a small business owner, I use Hootsuite to market my books and promote my brand. I am the only user because I am the only one in the business right now. Hootsuite allows me to schedule to my primary social media accounts so that I can stay consistent. The publisher lets me see the week at a glance and know how my feeds will look. I think the paid version is worth the money, but the free version gives me enough so that I can keep operating costs down.
  • The publisher is so easy to use
  • Set up is super easy and intuitive
  • The week view is great
  • I find the Instagram story function hard to use.
The ability to choose which feeds you are posting to make it perfect for creating different messages on different platforms. For example, on LinkedIn, the posting is more about my process of writing and creation. When I am on Facebook or Instagram, it is more about the marketing of my books and connecting with my audience in an authentic way.
Every time I have had a question they have answered quickly.
Shelly Saxena | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite is a fantastic social media planner that allows you to quickly schedule posts for the future. The issue that I used to have was that posting posts on various social media platforms took a long time, and it took a long time to post one poster, content on several social media platforms. But, thanks to Hootsuite, I can simply schedule my posts for several social media platforms, which saves me a lot of time.
  • Scheduling posts for the future which saves time.
  • It provides us with a statistical report.
  • The Hootsuite help library is excellent, particularly for beginners.
  • It could suggest hashtags that would be appropriate for the posts.
  • It could alert us when the time is ideal to post for maximum exposure.
  • For the free version, more settings should be available.
Hootsuite's finest feature is that it allows you to schedule your posts, allowing you to post to all of your social media accounts at once. This software allows you to schedule posts across all of your social media networks, saving you a lot of time. I could only add two social profiles in the free edition.
Hootsuite is an excellent site for beginners and those who don't have a lot of time to publish on several networks. It has many options to try and can increase the overall accuracy of the work. Though in the free version we cannot add more than two accounts, it is still very good and useful for organizing and scheduling.
Dipesh Singh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Among many works in a digital business, one important work is to keep your audience aware of your company and the services that it's provide. Along with it keeping an eye over the internet and tracking your customer while going with the trend is a difficult task. A lot of works and analytics are required to maintain the pace. With Hootsuite, all these tasks can be done easily without thinking much. Hootsuite has all the required features that helped us to engage with the audience and maintain the pace with the market.
  • It allows me to schedule for the whole month in advance which saves time and allows us to focus on other important things.
  • Understanding their analytics graphs is easier than its competitor's one.
  • Easy user interface which can be learned in no time.
  • Bulk uploading cannot be done with image posts.
  • Doesn't work properly with Instagram as per my expectations. [I believe] developers should update the software because most of the audience is now on Instagram.
The two best features of Hootsuite which I like are its advanced scheduling feature and graph studies. I found that it integrates better with third-party apps and sharing data with the team is easy. I also disliked that it doesn't work with Instagram and that bulk uploading with images isn't possible in Hootsuite. In the case of bulk uploading, each post has to be uploaded manually, which takes time.
Victor Amabile | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, my organization uses Hootsuite to schedule our social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. With the ability to schedule ahead of time I can focus on additional work to support the mentoring field in Washington State. Not only have our analytics shown enormous amounts of growth (on each platform), but I've been able to provide additional trainings that I otherwise would not have had time to deliver. On behalf of MENTOR Washington, thank you, Hootsuite Team!
  • Scheduling posts
  • Showcasing previous/scheduled posts
  • One stop shop for EVERY platform - you log in once
  • It provides you with the character limit so you know how much you can write for each platform
  • Analytics are too expensive to acquire for small nonprofits
Hootsuite has been an amazing tool for me, and I encourage it to anyone who is working for a small non-profit with low capacity. As someone who is new to managing social media accounts, Hootsuite was extremely easy to learn and is making my life WAY easier. It allows me to keep track of everything in the same place and saves me time from logging into 4 separate social media accounts daily.
9/10 - Just make it cheaper (;
SUSHIL KUMAR | TrustRadius Reviewer
The world knows how powerful awareness is. Awareness gives people the power to choose. For organizations, educating their customers about their products and services is crucial. The more the customer is aware of the product and service provided by an organization more the business of that organization will grow. In our organization, Hootsuite was used to study the next move by analyzing the current market trends by conducting several surveys on different social media accounts. We ran several campaigns from time to time to spread awareness among our customers to educate them about our new products and services.
  • Complete analysis of all data collected from different social media accounts that allow us to check where our audience engaged more.
  • Easy to customize dashboard according to the user’s preference.
  • Efficient integration with other application like Instagram and Twitter.
  • The price plan of this software doesn’t suit everyone’s budget plan.
  • Semi customizable dashboard which restrict user to use it to its full potential.
  • The software doesn’t operate smoothly in mobile as it operates in computer.
Reaching among the audience and engaging with them is the prettiest job that Hootsuite does well. Staying among your audience gives an insight view of audience thinking which helps us to serve better to them. But sometimes it auto logs out abruptly which is really annoying. Moreover, it doesn't allow users to include other people in video posts, which I think is really important.
Hootsuite's performance is better than its competitors, it has real-time tracking and the management of content with this software is quite simple to do. Engagement with an audience and solving their queries is the utmost important task to succeed in the online market and this software does both things. Easy to handle and team coordination and sharing of data all the things can be done effectively with no external support effectively.
Roshni Gautam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Internet trend is volatile. It takes just a minute and the whole world shifts their taste from one thing to another. So in order to beat the competition on the internet staying up to date is important which means an organization needs good, easy-to-use content management software. And Hootsuite fills this space. It offers all the essential features that are required to manage the time and content of an organization.
  • Content management is easy we can add and delete as per our requirement.
  • Advance scheduling post to stay ahead of rivals.
  • Users can run ad campaigns or surveys to understand ongoing trends which is an easy way to reach a global audience, therefore increasing the popularity of the company and increasing its market value.
  • The accuracy of graphs is not that accurate sometimes leads to inappropriate decisions.
  • It would be great if it could integrate with a design program like Canva. The current version does not allow users to design and post content directly from inside the software.
In our organization, Hootsuite was used to study our next move by analyzing the current market trends by conducting several surveys on different social media accounts. The whole task Hootsuite does well But the efficiency of hashtags is not as effective as it should be. In my view, it should get fixed soon.
The job it does is really time-consuming but with Hootsuite time-saving is easy. Tracking customer activity and understanding the shift of customer taste is simple in Hootsuite. The result of the graph is simple to read and the user interface is clean and pretty which requires very little time to understand fully a rookie can also operate it easily.
Sushma Gautam | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keeping up with the latest trends is essential to thriving in the market. Time management is key to success for every organization Hootsuite offers a feature known as “Scheduling post” which helped us to stay ahead of time. This saves us time and gives us the opportunity to work on other tasks as well. Through this software, we promoted Dairy Products to our target audience as part of Social Responsibility.
  • The ability to post a schedule in advance is one of the features I liked most.
  • The graph analytical reports to study the consumer behavior.
  • Post-performance reports which tells who and where our customers are.
  • This software doesn’t function properly with Pinterest.
  • You cannot customize each post if you are posting to all social media platform at once.
Time is money and to save it smart work is important. With the help of Hootsuite, we were able to control all our social media platforms from one specific location. It gave us the capacity to watch everything from top. All the customer queries and demands can be managed through a single screen. I didn’t find the bulk uploading feature that great as it was offered by other software. In Hootsuite, you cannot upload bulk posts with images.
Understanding graphs and reports play a crucial role in the success of every product and service. It tells what customers need and what will quench the thirst of the customer. Hootsuite graph reports are much more accurate and real-time tracking feature helped us to understand from which part our customer is more interested in our product.
Yashasvi Shailly | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite is one of the best social media management tools I have used. I am using it for an early-stage wellness startup, Sajhedaar, and my personal social media accounts. It is best to write down all content thoughts you receive on its platform and then schedule as per your convenience.
  • Social media planning
  • Scheduling posts
  • Management of multiple platforms from same account
  • Dashboard preview
  • Free features can offer more to entice in getting premium
  • Carousel
LinkedIn scheduling posts. Facebook and its sister platforms can be scheduled through the Facebook Business suite, but LinkedIn & Twitter need third-party tools. Scheduling Twitter makes more sense for corporate media accounts. However, for Linkedin, it is a haven for planning. You can post pictures and videos, write text posts, and share links.
They have a support chatbot that covers most of the queries users may encounter. Other than that, one can mail them requests to be addressed. I haven't faced a case yet where I am required to write to their support team. But it does seem quite helpful.
Zach Yokum | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hootsuite to help organize, schedule, and post social media messaging for our team across a variety of platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). Instead of having to post all of these individually on each platform, Hootsuite makes it easy to post automatically across all of them from one unified dashboard.
  • Scheduling tool
  • Easy to navigate user interface
  • Support for many different social media platforms
  • The integration on some of the social media platforms is a bit cumbersome (it will post, but the formatting will be off unless you do additional editing within the social media platform).
  • [It needs] more flexibility in the pricing tier structure.
Hootsuite is an incredible tool if you are a small operation that is trying to get more discipline in your social media presence and want to help make the job easier for someone who is already probably wearing multiple hats. However, once you reach a certain level of professionalism, it seems that the "simplicity" Hootsuite offers also begins to come at the cost of "functionality."
Hootsuite is doing a good job of staying current with the ever-changing updates and shifts of social media. Their support team is also friendly and prompt whenever I do have a question. Having some live chat options for when I'm stuck on a certain process would be a welcome addition though.
Kylee Granden | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite was used to help schedule our Facebook and Instagram posts. It helped us keep an accurate calendar of what was coming up. We used it weekly to make sure our content was staying fresh and relevant. It also helped us to stay organized with our posts. We could see the different times that we had things scheduled and make adjustments quickly.
  • Its interface is easy to use.
  • It communicates with different social media platforms well.
  • The scheduling calendar is particularly useful.
  • It could be easier to connect your accounts.
  • The price point could be better when it comes to the paid side of things.
  • Instagram could be easier to schedule.
I think it is a great tool for any business publishing on multiple streams of media. I do, however, think that it is being pushed out of use for FB/IG users as now they have their own platform. Instagram was always a challenge to post on because it was hard to automate.
I never struggled to get in touch with customer support at Hootsuite. Each time I did, I was met with a knowledgeable employee that could help me. The rating of a five is because I didn't use their support much, so I don't think I can give it a fair assessment. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't sub-par either.
We use Hootsuite to consolidate our social media platforms into one dashboard where we can monitor existing posts and create new posts. The ability to have everything in one location is a game-changer. I no longer have to log into four different social media accounts to send out information. I can also reply to anyone who has messaged the company directly from any of those platforms in one location.
  • Consolidates all social media channels into one platform
  • Provides the ability to edit pictures directly within the product
  • Suggests dates and times to schedule posts
  • Hootsuite needs a more robust library of Pictures and GIFS.
  • They do not integrate newer social media channels like TikTok.
Hootsuite is well suited to companies who are trying to consolidate their time and effort in sending out social media posts through Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Facebook, and Instagram. Companies would also benefit from being able to preschedule their social media posts and not worry about setting aside time to send those out in real-time.
December 09, 2021

Hootsuite to the Rescue!

Ricky Dana | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite makes what was becoming unmanageable, manageable! I was having trouble keeping track of what I posted where, setting calendar alerts to remind me to post at relevant times, and trying to run our small company by myself. Hootsuite takes a ton of pressure off by allowing me to schedule posts and view reports about my activity across our various social media platforms.
  • Scheduling
  • Reliable posting
  • Cross-posting
  • Analytics
  • Message management
  • Interface is a bit clunky after the upgrade
  • Speed up post interface
  • Auto correct for photo size/ratios would be great!
Hootsuite is like having another employee to assist with social media management. I would recommend this product to anyone that has to deal with social media and marketing. I believe that the price is a bit exorbitant and support could be faster for the price we pay for this software, however, it is a great tool that I hope to see evolve more and more over the years to come.
Support is good, but I believe for the price it is slow, and there should be a chat now or phone number for paid users to get support. Great software, really needs someone to find out why the new interface is laggy. I will continue to use this software as I know they have a great team of engineers focused on creating a pleasant and functional user experience.
Elizabeth Newbould | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hootsuite helps us organize our social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin. It helps save time by being able to easily make changes or adjust our schedule. It is one of the best ROI decisions we have made for the organization's marketing. As a nonprofit, the cost of any software is a big factor, however, the time savings for us is immense by using Hootsuite for social media management.
  • Social media scheduling
  • Social media planning
  • Social media management
  • Social media publishing
  • Publishing through Hootsuite to Instagram, you can only publish one picture, which is a problem.
  • Sometimes it requires I crop pictures that if I were to publish on a platform directly it wouldn't make me edit.
  • The analytics have improved, but adding a suggestion area would be amazing.
I think Hootsuite is a great option for social media scheduling, for any organization, but especially nonprofits. The nonprofit discount makes using Hootsuite a no-brainer decision for nonprofits of any size. Hootsuite is perfect for scheduling holiday messages or the dates throughout the year when you know certain content needs to be scheduled, it makes planning ahead easier and thus reduces stress on marketing teams by freeing them up to handle the day to day responsibilities.
Overall Hootsuite's support has been wonderful. As with every social media management platform, there have been a select number of times where we have experienced system-wide outages. However, whenever there has been a glitch or issue Hootsuite's customer service has been quick to answer or handle the limited number of issues we have had over the past 18+ months.
Shelby Thomas | TrustRadius Reviewer
I cannot speak for the entire university, but Hootsuite is currently being used by our department to manage our social media channels. The platform helps us to maintain a consistent social media presence. It also helps us interact more frequently and quickly with the consumers of our content.
  • Scheduling Posts
  • Planning out posts in advance
  • Interacting with consumers of content
  • There used to be a month view, I hope they bring that back. It makes planning easier.
If there is only one person in an organization, the free version of Hootsuite is suitable. However, if there are several people using the platform, the pro version is the way to go. I recommend it in any social media scenario.
In most cases I don't need support, but when I do they are almost always able to solve the issue.