Content planning and scheduling (222)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
With over 200,000 paid accounts and millions of users, Hootsuite powers social media for organizations around the world—from the smallest businesses to the largest enterprises. Hootsuite helps users build their brands, strengthen connections with customers, and drive business results business leaders care about by integrating social across the whole organization.
With Hootsuite, users can schedule posts across multiple social networks (including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube ), manage organic and paid social content together, keep track of customer conversations, break down silos in collaboration within the organization, and gain real-time insights from social media to make critical business decisions—all from one dashboard.
As a social media management solution, Hootsuite can set up users for success with expert certifications, training, and coaching in social marketing, social listening, and customer care.
According to the vendor, the Key Benefits
Save time by crafting and scheduling posts for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Youtube from one dashboard.
Fine-tune how teams collaborate by assigning tasks, managing approvals, and monitoring team performance.
Reach more customers and grow engagement by automating posts to reach the audience at the best times.
Turn real-time data into strategic insights by monitoring mentions of a brand, key industry topics, and competitors.
Streamline how users deliver customer care and support by sending incoming messages across social profiles to the right people in an organization.
Get a better understanding of what customers want with analytics and gather those insights into customizable reports.
Reach beyond dedicated followers and drive new customers to a brand by managing and reviewing social advertising performance.
Level up skills with industry leading certifications, training, and strategic coaching with Hootsuite experts.
Manage and maintain a social presence from anywhere, at any time, with the Hootsuite mobile app.
Discover new tools—or connect existing technology—with 200+ technology partners and applications in the Hootsuite ecosystem.
- Supported: Boolean keyword searches
- Supported: Filtering out noise/spam
- Supported: Sentiment analysis
- Supported: Broad channel coverage
- Supported: Content planning and scheduling
- Supported: Audience targeting
- Supported: Content optimization
- Supported: Workflow management
- Supported: Automated routing and prioritization
- Supported: Customer interaction histories
- Supported: Bulk actions
- Supported: Lead generation
- Supported: Content marketing
- Supported: Paid media management
- Supported: Campaigns and promotions
- Supported: Twitter
- Supported: Facebook
- Supported: LinkedIn
- Supported: Instagram
- Supported: Pinterest
- Supported: YouTube
- Supported: Campaign success analytics
- Supported: Real-time tracking
- Supported: Competitor analysis
- Supported: Role-based user permissions & privileges
- Supported: Mobile access
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry|
|Supported Languages||English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Arabic, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Catalan, Indonesian, Turkish, Russian, Polish|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Consolidated login and management of social posts.
- single viewpoint to quickly review and manage all social feedback and engagement from followers.
- Very easy to use UX that provides a full range of basic social management functionality.
- Influencer recruitment - we would like to be able to research potential influencers to join our program.
- Poor reporting and analytics within each platform within the Pro version.
- Somewhat expensive for the functionality provided.
- Only 1 user account provided in the Pro version.
- Easy to use platform
- Collaborate with team members
- Display streams of content
- The inability to posting video to LinkedIn
- The inability to tag accounts on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Improved Analytics
- Easy to post
- Nice layout
- Three free social accounts
- Easy to schedule
- Good features for adding images
- Company has been consistent over time
- Not too many marketing emails
- The cost has risen a lot
- Only 30 scheduled posts for free accounts
- Not as sophisticated as some of the other options
- Doesn't auto recycle posts
- Lets me easily schedule a post on twitter.
- Lets me easily schedule a post on LI.
- Lets me schedule on the flight using my phone.
- Using the desktop version is slower than the mobile one.
- Would like to schedule some posts way in advance.
- UI is not as intuitive on desktop.
- Allows you to schedule posts well in advance
- You can post Instagram carousels and videos
- Provides an easy and convenient way to post the same content on multiple social media streams
- I would like to have the ability to see suggested hashtags for the content I'm about to post, and the top or most popular hashtags at the time of the post.
- I would like to have the ability to be told when it is the best time for me to post across all of my social media platforms.
- I wish it wouldn't mess up the quality of the picture/video on some platforms - it should adjust depending on the platform.
- Organizes social media content in a single platform
- Aggregates results in dashboard
- Allows for cross team collaboration
- Integration into Pardot and Salesforce is lacking
- Limited creative flexibility
- Interface is not intuitive for some specific features (e.g. draft content)
- Posting social media content on a schedule
- Allowing for the publishing of multiple pieces of content across accounts
- Ease of use
- Dashboard makes it easy to manage multiple accounts
- Allowing more accounts without having to upgrade to a plan that is too big for our needs
- Accounts would frequently be logged out, forcing us to log back in again
- Would like to see added functionality for LinkedIn. I don't remember that being an option
- The product has a really interactive media library which is very helpful even when we are out of images.
- Customer support of this tool is also very understandable and interactive due to which the experience goes very smoothly.
- It would not be wrong to say that the usability of this product is one of the greatest strengths of Hootsuite.
- With this tool modification of scheduled posts is just so simple and easy to do which yields great results as well.
- This platform is not really supportive of LinkedIn as it sometimes does not allow you to tag different videos on your personal accounts with this platform.
- I feel that the amount of channels we can manage with the Pro account is just a very small quantity.
- You know when posts are going to get live through the publisher, so you are well aware of when to schedule next.
- The platform provides us with the ability to view all the metrics in one place, which for some emerging businesses could be a very big thing.
- This software is easy to use and intuitive in nature, so users can easily benefit from its user-friendliness.
- The performance and efficiency of this tool are on point. Everything is pretty much decent and well-balanced.
- I have always had a great experience with this software because its user interface is so user-friendly that it never made me feel odd for a single moment.
- After the purchasing of the platform, the features should not be then limited to users as we paid for them to be unlocked.
- I found the initial setup a little difficult and confusing to do due to which user frustration can be a common issue.
- Scheduling posts.
- All your social media on one dashboard.
- Replying to clients promptly from one place.
- Price point for individuals is a bit high.
- Sometimes connectivity to networks is spotty.
- Faster updates.
- The layout is great and how you can see the monthly calendar is appealing to the eye.
- Hootsuite is very easy with incorporating and linking to your existing social media channels, [whereas] other programs have not been as smooth.
- The whole process of adding images, creating posts, and scheduling them is very easy in Hootsuite.
- Tagging pages in posts doesn't always work or the pages do not pop up
- Not having the ability to reshare or retweet posts
- Analytics side of things
- The publisher is so easy to use
- Set up is super easy and intuitive
- The week view is great
- I find the Instagram story function hard to use.
- Scheduling posts for the future which saves time.
- It provides us with a statistical report.
- The Hootsuite help library is excellent, particularly for beginners.
- It could suggest hashtags that would be appropriate for the posts.
- It could alert us when the time is ideal to post for maximum exposure.
- For the free version, more settings should be available.
- It allows me to schedule for the whole month in advance which saves time and allows us to focus on other important things.
- Understanding their analytics graphs is easier than its competitor's one.
- Easy user interface which can be learned in no time.
- Bulk uploading cannot be done with image posts.
- Doesn't work properly with Instagram as per my expectations. [I believe] developers should update the software because most of the audience is now on Instagram.
- Scheduling posts
- Showcasing previous/scheduled posts
- One stop shop for EVERY platform - you log in once
- It provides you with the character limit so you know how much you can write for each platform
- Analytics are too expensive to acquire for small nonprofits
- Complete analysis of all data collected from different social media accounts that allow us to check where our audience engaged more.
- Easy to customize dashboard according to the user’s preference.
- Efficient integration with other application like Instagram and Twitter.
- The price plan of this software doesn’t suit everyone’s budget plan.
- Semi customizable dashboard which restrict user to use it to its full potential.
- The software doesn’t operate smoothly in mobile as it operates in computer.
- Content management is easy we can add and delete as per our requirement.
- Advance scheduling post to stay ahead of rivals.
- Users can run ad campaigns or surveys to understand ongoing trends which is an easy way to reach a global audience, therefore increasing the popularity of the company and increasing its market value.
- The accuracy of graphs is not that accurate sometimes leads to inappropriate decisions.
- It would be great if it could integrate with a design program like Canva. The current version does not allow users to design and post content directly from inside the software.
- The ability to post a schedule in advance is one of the features I liked most.
- The graph analytical reports to study the consumer behavior.
- Post-performance reports which tells who and where our customers are.
- This software doesn’t function properly with Pinterest.
- You cannot customize each post if you are posting to all social media platform at once.
- Social media planning
- Scheduling posts
- Management of multiple platforms from same account
- Dashboard preview
- Free features can offer more to entice in getting premium
- Scheduling tool
- Easy to navigate user interface
- Support for many different social media platforms
- The integration on some of the social media platforms is a bit cumbersome (it will post, but the formatting will be off unless you do additional editing within the social media platform).
- [It needs] more flexibility in the pricing tier structure.
- Its interface is easy to use.
- It communicates with different social media platforms well.
- The scheduling calendar is particularly useful.
- It could be easier to connect your accounts.
- The price point could be better when it comes to the paid side of things.
- Instagram could be easier to schedule.
- Consolidates all social media channels into one platform
- Provides the ability to edit pictures directly within the product
- Suggests dates and times to schedule posts
- Hootsuite needs a more robust library of Pictures and GIFS.
- They do not integrate newer social media channels like TikTok.
- Reliable posting
- Message management
- Interface is a bit clunky after the upgrade
- Speed up post interface
- Auto correct for photo size/ratios would be great!
- Social media scheduling
- Social media planning
- Social media management
- Social media publishing
- Publishing through Hootsuite to Instagram, you can only publish one picture, which is a problem.
- Sometimes it requires I crop pictures that if I were to publish on a platform directly it wouldn't make me edit.
- The analytics have improved, but adding a suggestion area would be amazing.
- Scheduling Posts
- Planning out posts in advance
- Interacting with consumers of content
- There used to be a month view, I hope they bring that back. It makes planning easier.