https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Sh/i0/UB2ZWQ2XJ8XW.PNGSprout Reporting Focused ReviewIt is being used by the full social team here at our Agency. It is used mainly for reporting/monthly metric takeaways rather community management, brand engagement, social listening, or scheduling. It helps us track how well or content is performing month over month, how our community is growing, demographics on our community, and more.,A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc. Demographic breakdown in reporting. Paid and organic metrics separated out.,Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter). A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid. Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.,8,4,It has been able to provide us quick metrics and takeaways for each of our clients as we compile a monthly report for about 6 of our brands. We have run into issues where the paid and organic data is not separated out so we have reported incorrect data. Its the most comprehensive tool we use where we can see all metrics and a general overview of how our content is doing.,Spredfast and Sprinklr,Spredfast, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, BrandwatchExcellent platform except analytics.We use it to manage our social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. It has so many great tools that adapt in a great manner to our needs. This is used by our Marketing department as well as our Outsourced Community Management team.,The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use. It has a solution for all sizes of companies. It’s good for monitoring and engaging.,I don’t really like the analytics that they have. The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.,9,5,Sprout Social has a lot of great tools and features, but they lack good competition insights. This is something that made us pay for Socialbakers as well, so we could have the great Sprout Social tools plus the great Socialbakers Analytics. It isn’t cheap. That’s for sure.,Socialbakers Suite, eClincher and Falcon.io,eClincher, Axure RP, Facebook for Business, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Google Ad Manager, Google Domains, Google Data Studio, Google Forms, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Search ConsoleSprout Social: Better Functionality, Better SocialI work on creating and posting social content for clients, and a few of them have opted to use Sprout Social to manage their social accounts. They wanted a platform that would include multi-functionality and serve as their overarching content hub. We gave them the options for a few different platforms, and quite a few tapped Sprout Social to be the center of all things social.,Schedule, post and monitor social feeds. Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.). Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as Data reporting and analysis. Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).,I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.,9,8,Social campaigns can have a big impact on ROI and lead generation, and our clients trust Sprout Social for the insights to generate such results. We have received positive feedback from clients, and have seen it ourselves in the data reporting. A one-stop social hub saves a lot of back and forth, therefore saving our team lots of time when it comes to managing multiple social accounts.,Buffer, Hootsuite Pro, Hootsuite Free, Hootsuite Enterprise and TweetDeck,BufferSprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout SocialWe used Sprout Social to begin experimenting with social media management tools as we scaled our voice on multiple social platforms. It was utilized by the market department (a small one - usage was mainly by 2 users, max). Usually in tandem, as we explored the product. It allowed us to get ahead of ourselves in terms of planning and scheduling so we were able to develop a social plan in real-time, as we explored a tool that is meant to allow us to do just that. As a small team, we were short on hands, literally, and ideas, so having the ability to schedule across platforms, as well as utilize hashtag trend tools to generate ideas was very helpful.,Quick ramp up (very user-friendly) Powerful reporting and trend identification tools Location-based hashtag searches Brand monitoring,The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow. Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about HootSuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.,7,2,Allowed us to concurrently build a system where we could plan for the future and forward-looking content, events, and other publishing opportunities Enabled us to audit the "marketplace" so to speak and seek out ideas based on trends and real-time analytics Allowed us to develop a new workflow strain based on permission levels and internal SS workflow,Hootsuite Pro, Hootsuite Free, CoSchedule and Buffer,Buffer, Hootsuite Pro, SailthruThe Smarter Way to Help Your TeamSeveral departments use Sprout Social at my company. My department mainly uses it to understand the marketing tactics that we have implemented for our clients. More than just understanding these tactics, we want to see how these campaigns have done across multiple platforms—whether that be interaction or overall use amongst consumers. We also use it to understand what campaigns we should use next and what our client would like to see in the future.,Organized Easy to use Thorough in analysis Expansive,I suppose it could be a little more simple to use for those who aren't familiar with platforms like this,9,50,We've been able to better understand our social media campaigns and what works. We've realized that social media in our industry needs to be worked on. We've reorganized our campaigns.,,Smartsheet, Google Analytics, Microsoft 365 Business
Sprout Social

Sprout Social Reviews

Sprout Social
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 275 vetted Sprout Social reviews and ratings

Kelcey Zacarese profile photo
December 10, 2018

Sprout Social: "Sprout Reporting Focused Review"

• A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc.
  • Demographic breakdown in reporting.
  • Paid and organic metrics separated out.
  • Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter).
  • A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid.
  • Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.
Sprout is best when needed for general reporting metrics - especially for brands or agencies who are working with only organic or unpaid content. Since Ads Manager is typically used for all paid reporting, this is either best for organic only reporting, or a comprehensive overview of how your paid + organic content has done.
Read Kelcey Zacarese's full review
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing profile photo
January 18, 2019

Sprout Social Review: "Excellent platform except analytics."

• The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use.
  • It has a solution for all sizes of companies.
  • It’s good for monitoring and engaging.
  • I don’t really like the analytics that they have.
  • The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.
It's well suited for medium to large companies. For small companies, it’s a little bit expensive, but if you can afford paying it... it will be very useful.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing's full review
December 24, 2018

Review: "Sprout Social: Better Functionality, Better Social"

• Schedule, post and monitor social feeds.
  • Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
  • Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as
  • Data reporting and analysis.
  • Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).
  • I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.
Sprout Social is the perfect one-stop platform for all things social. If you're looking for high-level social management for a variety of social channels (not just Facebook or Twitter), or just in-depth analytics and capabilities for Facebook and Twitter, then this is the platform you should be using. Sprout Social has a smart, intuitive design that is easy to use (which is my big gripe with other platforms such as Hootsuite and TweetDeck, which have a lot more going on in their interfaces). That said, if you are a smaller firm, or have less or smaller social needs, I might scale back to a smaller social software with less functionality.
December 20, 2018

"Sprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout Social"

• Quick ramp up (very user-friendly)
  • Powerful reporting and trend identification tools
  • Location-based hashtag searches
  • Brand monitoring
  • The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget
  • Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels
  • No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow.
  • Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about Hootsuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.
Great for small to medium-sized teams with a reasonable enough budget to fund the investment in SS. Best for brands looking for a strong Twitter presence, ideally, a social presence focused more on interesting text-based content, as opposed to brands with more visual and varied forms of media.
February 07, 2019

Sprout Social Review: "The Smarter Way to Help Your Team"

• Organized
  • Thorough in analysis
  • Expansive
  • I suppose it could be a little more simple to use for those who aren't familiar with platforms like this
We can track campaigns, usage and best practices. This isn't something to just brainstorm ideas off of, it can be used like that to a degree, but it's more to understand how social media campaigns work (and who likes what campaign the best). It's better for understanding demographics and usage.
December 21, 2018

Review: "How Sprout Social changed our operations"

When we first tried Sprout Social we were simply looking for a smarter platform to schedule our social media content and a smarter way to collaborate on content creation, but we were impressed by their social media reporting power and clean & slick interface. All of the comments and replies come in a single stream, allows us an easier way to manage them and to keep track of pending tickets.

On a final note. If you ever face an issue while using the platform, you should definitely contact their customer support, they are always spot on and prompt in resolving any minor or major issues we faced.
  • Easy scheduling and content management & collaboration.
  • Neat and clean interface.
  • Powerful analytics and reporting.
  • Very responsive customer support.
  • The social listening model is way too expensive and not as powerful as dedicated listening platforms.
  • Can be quite expensive compared to some other tools, but makes it up in its features and clean interface.
  • We schedule reports to go to our clients on monthly basis.
  • We analyze our content performance and track campaigns (using content tags).
  • Our social media community management got way better after our team adapted to the single stream inbox.
February 12, 2019

User Review: "Sprout Social-Social Media Planner"

We use Sprout Social for our social media accounts to send out information from a centralized platform. Our social media reports are being generated through Sprout Social. It cuts down on workload. We have more than 20 content creators on the team and it is used across the whole organization.
  • Monthly Reports.
  • Perfect customer service.
  • Scheduling social media posts.
  • Pricey compared to other platforms.
  • There are some capabilities that are hard to find and figure out how to use.
  • The interface is not user-friendly.
For organizations with multiple social media accounts and teams with more than 10 people, it would be a good decision to use Sprout Social. If there are only one or two social media accounts, then Sprout Social might not be the best option based on its price.
Adrienne Hardin profile photo
June 04, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Solid entry-level product for social media management"

Sprout Social is being used by one person within our organization's Communications department. I implemented Sprout hoping to streamline our social media efforts and manage all of our organization's social media platforms from one place. I currently have two Facebook accounts, one Twitter account, one Instagram account, one LinkedIn company profile, and a Google Analytics account connected to Sprout.
  • The social listening capabilities do a great job of providing me with information I need from our target audiences.
  • Customer service is readily available, thorough, and considerate. When I call them with questions, I’ve gotten live people EVERY time, which is rare in the social media realm.
  • The option to shorten links and add photos directly in tweet drafts has helped not only workflow, but it also helps maintain a seamless aesthetic on our Twitter profile.
  • The ability to export calendars into PDFs and send them to campus partners has made workflow for campaigns so much better. I no longer have giant spreadsheets full of posts to send off to other departments for approval.
  • The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate.
  • Sprout calculates impressions and engagements differently than Facebook and Twitter do natively, so I’m unable to rely solely on the reports pulled from the platform.
  • Sprout’s Instagram integration didn’t suit our needs. Our audiences respond best to posts in real time, so there isn’t opportunity to schedule Instagram posts in advance. With recent privacy changes, I’m not able to like or comment on Instagram posts from Sprout either, so I’ve moved back to using Instagram natively.
  • The integration with LinkedIn company pages is weak; links don’t format correctly, so it’s easier to post natively.
  • Approvals and task assignments aren’t available with the entry-level subscription, and the cost of upgrading is similar to what I could get for a more robust tool like Falcon.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Sprout for basic social media management. Twitter scheduling, social listening capabilities, and being able to export calendars of scheduled posts are all features that have saved me time and allowed me to focus more on strategic efforts. But, if you depend on accurate data reporting, or are looking for something that integrates well with the rest of a team's workflow, Sprout (at least at the premium level) probably isn't the best choice.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
Daniela Belevan profile photo
March 23, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Really amazing tool for social media management! Recommended!"

We are a digital marketing agency, so most of us in the organization use the software with the exception of the web programmers and graphic designers. We use Sprout Social for social media management. It helps us keep track of our client's social media accounts and gather analytics and reports for our clients. The reporting is phenomenal and it makes it easy for my team and I to show the client the results.
  • Reporting made easy - Fast and easy reports and analytics. It makes our life simpler because it helps us show our clients the reports, especially the clients who don't understand social media or how it works. We enjoy using Spout Social for scheduling as well as analytics reports.
  • Social media management/Scheduling - My team and I love how simple it is to manage our client's social media account. We really appreciate that we are able to schedule posts for multiple accounts from one single interface, even if we want them to say the same thing. Scheduling social media posts makes our life much easier.
  • Great tools - The platform is user friendly and easy to understand. We've learned that Spout Social offers tools we didn't even know we needed or existed.
  • The interface is user friendly once you get used to it. But in the beginning, it may be a bit confusing to use. I had some issues at first but then I was able to use it faster and more efficiently.
  • There is a lot going on in the platform, it's very busy, and sometimes I forget about all the tools available. Sometimes the amount of tools can be a bit overwhelming. Especially for someone who is just starting to use the platform.
  • The cost can be a bit pricey, especially for a new agency or small business.
Sprout Social is a very useful tool for social media management. It has made my life easier because now I'm able to schedule posts and generate analytics and reporting for my clients. The only issue is the navigation of the interface, and how overwhelming the platform can become. Other than that, I could recommend it to anyone who handles many social media accounts.
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
August 07, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "Get social ROI with Sprout"

Sprout Social was an amazing agency partner for us as we grew over the past five years. It allowed us to navigate multiple channels and multiple client accounts with ease. The overall ease of use and UX was great and most features worked flawlessly. As an agency, you are tasked with managing a lot of moving parts for client campaigns and having reporting, publishing, engagement, and tasks consolidated to a single view was very helpful in our agency workflow and processes.
  • Scheduling content
  • Research and overall visibility of a social community across channels
  • Reporting
  • Engagement
  • Instagram
  • Live and story-based content
  • Additional social channels
If you are an agency or run a large social team, Sprout Social is perfect. For a single man shop, it is too robust and expensive to turn an ROI unless you are a social media die-hard. I would also recommend this to any organization that is working with an agency to run social. You can keep your hand on the pulse, assign tasks and keep the entire engagement in an easy to manage interface.
August 20, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "A nice all-in-one social media management tool"

Sprout Social is a robust community management and social media management tool with all-in-one capabilities. It has helped us stay organized and visualize our content calendar in one place.
  • Social media aggregation. Every use case across the team is aggregated into one platform across channels. Listening, engaging, community management.
  • Publishing tools. The publish calendar helps us to see what our content calendar looks like across all of our channels. Letting us see what conflicts (if anything).
  • Social listening. A nice sweet set of tools to get a full picture of the conversation around our brand.
  • Sentiment analysis could improve. In my experience, it's about 60% accurate and doesn't account for subtleties of sarcasm or have machine learning AI.
  • The user interface could be more user-friendly. Sort of intangible feedback, but I found navigation to be tough at first.
For a small social team that wants to consolidate content planning, community management, and social listening, Sprout is perfect.
May 16, 2018

Sprout Social Review: "A great solution for quick, simple social tasks"

Sprout Social is being used by both internal teams and clients for social listening and social insights development.
  • The platform is very easy to use, especially reporting and scheduling functions.
  • UX/UI is user-friendly
  • No social listening and analytics are fairly basic relative to other strong competitors
  • Pricing isn't ideal for small, growing teams
  • Mobile app could be heavily improved
Sprout Social is an incredible free tool with limitations. If you're looking to have a more powerful social management platform, there are definitely better alternatives. For quick, simple engagements, Sprout Social is probably most ideal.
Jimmy Mack profile photo
January 22, 2018

Review: "Sprout Social - Good basic analytics on a budget."

Sprout Social is used to track key social media metrics, monitor social media campaigns, track social media engagement, and provide social media reports to key stakeholders including supervisors, directors, and other executives. Additionally, we used Sprout Social as a way to schedule content and help create a content calendar we could follow.
  • Scheduling content
  • Aggregating analytics from various social media platforms
  • One-click reporting
  • Fairly basic interface
  • Analytics are surface level
  • No social listening
If you have a small social media team and need a way to quickly and easily monitor your owned social media channels, track conversations on your posts and engage with your fans or followers, Sprout works well. It also is an easy way for users to create high-level reports for higher-ups.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
Stephanie MacMillan profile photo
December 15, 2017

Sprout Social Review: "Great Social Platform Manager"

My hotel is unique because we are actually two hotels in one which means we have double the social profiles a normal property does. We use Sprout Social to keep track of all our social profiles and interactions. It assists in making sure nothing falls through the cracks or goes unanswered.
  • Creating and scheduling posts across a multitude of platforms.
  • Discovering content through RSS feeds and account feeds
  • Discovering potential profiles to follow and manage your following/followers.
  • Browser compatibility. I use chrome and sometimes the page doesn't fit properly or it gets stuck and won't refresh.
  • The way the pop-ups for scheduling work. Sometimes they look deformed or don't fit on the screen of my full sized laptop. It's odd the way they pop out and don't function properly.
  • The app has a long way to go. It's getting better with every up date, but I wish it was as user-friendly as the website.
It is truly a great platform for anyone trying to manage more than three social platforms at a time. I don't think it's worth purchasing for less than three social platforms because of its lack of ROI accountability. I wish it had a built-in tool that could create short links that could then be tracked in the application. Right now it relies on bit.ly and I have to go to an outside site to track links posted.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
April Muller profile photo
December 18, 2017

Review: "Sprout Social easy on the eyes, not so much on the wallet"

I requested Sprout Social for use at my agency based on previous use at a startup. For now only I am using it on one account but other teams have shown interest in acquiring it. It is used primarily for social media scheduling and management, allowing for more flexibility and organization than just using Facebook and Twitter (TweetDeck) natively.
  • Drag and drop scheduling. The queue is a great feature allowing you to auto-schedule posts at optimal times, and it's easy to rearrange posts at will.
  • Identification: Sprout color codes Twitter accounts according to their followers so you can quickly see message that may have high influence.
  • User interface is clean and easy to comprehend, not too busy.
  • Price is high, it took a very long time to get approval for my usage. They seem to be leaning toward larger companies and leaving the smaller users behind.
  • Customization: There are some tools that are designed for specific use cases (i.e. "tag this message for Sales") My use does not involve sales so I would like to be able to change the label but cannot currently do so.
  • "Viralpost" feature isn't well-explained, the times scheduled seem to always be the same so it leaves you to wonder if it's really doing what it says it's doing.
With its out of the box ease of use, the software is great for small businesses and startups but not priced to be used by them. I would love the ability to have "editors" that aren't full admins so that other people in the organization can get acquainted with Sprout without having full abilities/being charged for an additional seat.
Read April Muller's full review
Shauna Gallagher profile photo
January 26, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "Entry Level Solution"

Sprout Social is used within our marketing department and customer care department. We schedule content, and reply and engage with customers via Sprout Social.
  • Sprout Social is pretty intuitive, so it makes it an easy to understand tool for teams outside of our social team to understand and adapt to.
  • Lately, Sprout Social has been adding more features, especially for reporting and specifically Instagram as a channel.
  • Sprout Social could be adopting to trends faster.
  • Mobile app is clunky for on the go publishing, monitoring and reporting.
Sprout Social is well suited for lower budget, lower mentioned brands.
Read Shauna Gallagher's full review
Fernando Ramirez profile photo
January 22, 2016

"An Honest Review About Sprout Social's Effectiveness"

The organization I previously worked for used Sprout Social to do a variety of things. The social tool was used to schedule and manage social posting. We used the social listening tool it has, and the analytic reports Sprout Social allows you to export as PDF files. All of this was done to help manage our clients' social media accounts, and help track their social progress.
  • Sprout Social has an easy to use interface that allows non-tech savvy people to easily maneuver their way around the tool.
  • Sprout Social allows team collaboration, task management, and progress tracking for your social teams.
  • Sprout Social combines social listening, engagement, and management all into one platform.
  • For the features and functionality Sprout Social offers, the platform is a bit pricey.
  • While Sprout Social tries act as a one-stop shop social media management tool, it doesn't excel in two of its key features: social listening and social analytics.
  • Sprout Social is a great tool is you're not tech savvy or social savvy. It's easier for you to manage, but that's about it. Creating the value is up to you.
Sprout Social is well suited for individuals who are not tech savvy or social media savvy.
Read Fernando Ramirez's full review
Michelle Lynn profile photo
January 22, 2016

Sprout Social Review: "A must use tool for social media success!!!"

Currently Sprout Social is used as our Social Media Scheduling Tool and we also use it for compiling some organic metrics.
  • Very easy to schedule posts for several different social media properties at once
  • Love the ability to view website traffic from Google Analytics within the interface
  • Very clean interface and slick interface!
  • Awesome reporting
  • Very easy to reply to mentions and view who retweeted your content
  • Can't export scheduled posts from calendar view into excel
  • Wish there was an export to view all your Twitter followers
I would absolutely recommend this dashboard to anyone in my network. I already have mentioned it to several of my friends and they all want it! I can't tell you how many times people stop and ask me how I was able to gain over 20,000 followers on Twitter (in 2 years) and tweet on average 400 tweets per month generate over 600 engagements. There is no way I would have been able to achieve this kind of success without Sprout Social.
Read Michelle Lynn's full review
Tapan Jain profile photo
December 11, 2015

Review: "Sprout Social - Grow your customer engagement using Social media"

Sprout Social is used to manage various social profiles across the social platforms. Different teams for different departments use Sprout Social to enhance customer engagement and run campaigns. Once integrated with the CRM solution, tickets can be generated for customer concerns on social media and assigned to relevant teams. It also enables scheduling the content to various social networks from a single console and keeping track of what is being discussed about the business across all social media.
  • Sprout Social comes with a built in CRM which helps agents in more personalized responses to clients in line with their past conversations
  • Sprout Social has a Viral Post feature which has some sophisticated machine learning algorithms at the back end to decide the best time to post content on different mediums so as to get the maximum customer engagement
  • Sprout Social enables to post the content to the correct target segment like a specific organization, geography,industry or a particular institution. The content makes more sense to the relevant people and builds a strong perception among the target audience.
  • Sprout Social also supports bit.ly URL shortener, which makes it easy to post links on Twitter and make your posts look uncluttered. Further, you can track from within Sprout Social that how many people clicked on the link or forwarded the link.
  • A lot of social networks have been left unsupported by Sprout Social like Youtube and Pinterest. I believe it needs to support every medium to become a comprehensive social media management solution.
  • The ability to schedule content to various social mediums is limited in functionality. It does not let me chose a different time for each day when the content is supposed to be posted.
  • It is not very intuitive to figure out what all messages have already been catered and responded to.
Sprout Social really scores if you need to manage social profiles for different companies or different departments. As it comes with an inbuilt helpdesk feature to generate and assign tickets and supports collaboration across teams and within the team, it is apt if someone is looking to use social media to resolve customer concerns.
Read Tapan Jain's full review
Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo
March 18, 2015

Review: "Why YOU should check out Sprout Social!"

• I absolutely love the Sprout Social's customer service - it's phenomenal! You can always reach a person 24/7 and get a speedy response via email, chat support, phone or even by tweeting to them. I feel pretty sure that at one point, Carolyn (one of their AWESOME customer service reps - she also wears other hats!) was pretty familiar with my name!
  • The dashboard is extremely user-friendly and makes the product extremely easy to use. Although it's rare I have a question about using the dashboard, customer service is always there immediately if I do!
  • Sprout Social is constantly improving their product. I love using their services because I know that this isn't as good as it's going to get (although pretty awesome) - but that they will always continue to one-up themselves! They grasp that social is constantly changing - and they want to provide the best services for their customers as possible.
  • Another awesome thing about Sprout is their app! It's also very user-friendly and comes quite in handy when I'm live-tweeting events for the university. It's definitely extremely helpful in keeping up with our multiple social accounts when I'm traveling, which is frequently.
  • One of the big things that Sprout Social is lacking is better Twitter analytics. While they do provide great information for my analytics reports, I still feel that they could be pulling in additional data that would be extremely beneficial to users.
  • I really wish that Sprout Social gave users the ability to manage additional social platforms, such as LinkedIn and Pinterest. This would be immensely helpful!
  • Sometimes when I archive messages in my inbox (and I typically average 100-150 a day, if not more), these messages will pop back up in my inbox either later that afternoon or weeks from when the original message was archived. I opened up my inbox this summer and found messages from February that had been previously archived!
I would tell a colleague - Sprout is the perfect place to manage multiple social accounts. The user-friendliness and stellar customer service will make it an easy to use right away, with minimal training required. For someone who has never used Sprout Social before, knowing that their customer service is always there no matter what can really be appealing and make a big difference! I also like it when social companies have a good presence in the social space - and Sprout Social has exactly that. In the past, I've tweeted with an issue and received a response in 10 minutes or less. That's how you do it!
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Valentin Vesa profile photo
February 25, 2015

Sprout Social Review: "What is the best Social Media management solution?"

I began searching for a Social Media Management and Monitoring tool when I realized that I was finding it increasingly difficult to create the content, manage the outgoing messages and also monitor our social media venues effectively. It came down to Sprout Social. It is being used by the Marketing Department, specifically the Social Media group.
  • Simple to understand visual reports: the kind you can just SEND to managers, without the need to EXPLAIN what they mean :)
  • A robust scheduling platform so you can arrange the content for the week according to your publishing topics and still be allowed to manually intervene when/if needed
  • Being cloud-based and also available for smartphones and tablets allows for reliability: you'll always have some form of access to your material and venues, no matter where you are.
  • When we first started using SproutSocial they were still showing the "posted via" signature on Facebook, now it is gone. So the experience users see and live is made to look like it just came from a human, not by a scheduled machine, which is a great personal touch.
  • With LinkedIn Pages support in the building, they'll surely add another important platform to their portfolio.
  • Add YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr
  • Offer a freemium model
This is a very well suited solution for teams that are scattered around cities or even countries. Each member of the team is able to see what the colleagues did before him, see assigned tasks and perform accordingly.
The new unified inbox feature allows users to focus on one column where all the messages are being displayed, rather than running across different columns and content filter lists, as other solutions do.
Read Valentin Vesa's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "Sprout Social is a top-notch SMMS"

• Sprout has an excellent support system. When we submit a ticket, a representative responds typically within an hour. They're even reachable by phone.
  • Sprout's analytics are easy to understand for newbies to social media metrics. It strikes a great balance between advanced users and beginners.
  • The RSS reader and bitly integration is fantastic and convenient!
  • It would be great to see additional platform support, like Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I know Sprout is limited by each platform's API though.
Be sure to undergo a tutorial either through Sprout or from someone who understands the service. While it IS easy to understand, there's a slight learning curve that is definitely worth the hour of training. Plus, I recommend connecting their personal channels to the service so they are able to utilize all Sprout features for themselves.
Read Ryan Collins's full review
Ryan Montano profile photo
March 16, 2015

"Sprout Social Review"

• I love the UI and UX design of Sprout. It is so easy to use and visually pleasing.
  • Sprout creates visually pleasing reports that wow my executive team.
  • Also, all the data is available via CSV files, so I can upload it to Anametrix via the Anametrix Excel Plugin. This is great because even though sprout does not have a connector to Anametrix, it does not prevent me from accessing the power of Anametrix web analytics
  • There is no much I dislike about sprout, but there are a few things that would make it better. Instagram and Pinterest connectors would be a great addition.
  • I would love to see the addition of a connector to a Linkedin company page.
  • Overall the Analytics could be more comprehensive and include connector to the ad networks from Facebook, Twitter, Adwords, and Linkedin.
I would make sure to know exactly how many people and how many networks will be using Sprout. It is easy to upgrade after, but knowing this will help you decide what package is right for you.
Read Ryan Montano's full review
Shonda Ranson profile photo
October 30, 2014

"Seeded in Metrics, Sprout Social Grows Your Strategic Marketing"

• Integrates well with major social media channels twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ to post consistent messaging across channels.
  • Great metrics to help understand who is following on what channel and how well a message does in that channel.
  • Only aggregate that gets some data from Google+.
  • Very easy to learn, program for delivery delays and to integrate into messaging strategy.
  • Smart Inbox is great for seeing responses quickly and being able to respond to them in with a single contact point.
  • Great for team work and managing team messaging strategy, workflow and tasks in digital communications.
  • You shouldn't have to pay $20 more a month just to get Google Analytics integration when you can get Google Analytics for free.
  • Metrics can be skewed if your organization is required to be 8-5, Monday-Friday – especially in the response time. Should be a way to adjust for operational hours.
  • LinkedIn only grabs my personal account and not our City page, so while it works with LinkedIn, it isn't very helpful for the organization.
  • Would like to see more for Google+ data.
I recommend this product to colleagues and even bring printouts of the reports to demonstrate not only the social media reach that I've built, but the metrics presented by the tool on job interviews. When considering if the product is right for your organization, think about how easy it is to get the metrics for your key channels. Can you tell when your messages are successful? not successful? and why? Metrics are an essential component of a strong messaging strategy. If you just guess and cast a wide net, you're not only wasting your time, but you're likely turning some of your followers off. Sprout Social lets you see who is interacting with your messages on what channels and in what way.
Read Shonda Ranson's full review
Jennifer Wagner profile photo
October 21, 2014

Review: "Sprout Social: Easy to Navigate for a Novice User"

When I was actively utilizing Sprout Social, it was on a daily basis for a small magazine and coinciding website. Daily, I would post news stories/articles on the website as requested by the company's owner. In addition, I was required to also post these stories to Twitter and Facebook as a means to direct traffic to the story on the company's website. Multiple news stories/articles were posted on the website daily, therefore it was essential to schedule the tweets and posts to Facebook so that our followers would not be bombarded with information all at once. In a company with employees from all around the world, Sprout Social was an essential and effective tool that each employee could use despite the varying time zone differences. Our tweets and Facebook posts were all scheduled to post via EST, thus making for great organizational tool for all employees.
  • Superb Organizational Tool: As an editor, I was able to easily schedule the company's website content (i.e. articles and news stories) via Sprout Social to publish on Twitter and Facebook at a specific time so that readers and social media followers would not be bombarded with stories all at once.
  • Simple and Effective Marketing Tool: The use of hashtags via Twitter and Facebook allowed me to direct our content to specific people in specific locations. Also, being able to schedule content, via Sprout Social, from the website to post on Twitter and Facebook helped to drive readers to the company's website.
  • Adaptable for all types of users with different backgrounds: As an editor with a writing background, I was unfamiliar with social media and marketing when I first began working for the company in which I was employed. However, Sprout Social is simple to navigate and it provides users with helpful tips and instructional elements to better understand how it works.
  • As a basic user, I did not delve into any of the perhaps "complexities" of Sprout Social. However, there were times when I would schedule content to publish on Facebook or Twitter and it would indeed not publish. Therefore, immediate notification of error would be helpful.
  • When I first began using Sprout Social, I did find it difficult to understand how to incorporate an image to post to Facebook. While I did teach myself how to do it, the steps were a bit confusing upon first use. Therefore I would recommend simple image uploading to improve Sprout Social use for beginners.
Because I was a novice user and knew very little about Twitter/social media when I first began using Sprout Social, I would rate it as an 8. It was generally easy to learn and adapt to; however, there were times when I had difficulty (i.e. uploading an image to Sprout Social to specifically have post to Facebook). Therefore, beginners should find Sprout Social easy to use; however, they will probably stumble upon a few things they have difficultly with.
Read Jennifer Wagner's full review

Boolean keyword searches (15)
Filtering out noise/spam (17)
Sentiment analysis (2)
5.5
Broad channel coverage (3)
Content planning and scheduling (21)
Audience targeting (21)
Content optimization (18)
Workflow management (20)
Automated routing and prioritization (4)
6.3
Customer interaction histories (21)
Bulk actions (17)
Lead generation (16)
6.6
Content marketing (15)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (20)
Facebook (21)
LinkedIn (17)
Google+ (14)
Instagram (13)
Pinterest (1)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (21)
Real-time tracking (20)
Competitor analysis (16)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (18)
Mobile access (18)
6.7

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a social media management platform for businesses. This platform powers smart social communication for leading brands around the world including Anthropologie, GrubHub, Hyatt, MailChimp, Spotify and Zipcar. Sprout Social is available via a web browser, iOS and Android apps. Sprout enables brands to more effectively communicate on social channels, collaborate across teams and provide an exceptional customer experience. The vendor says that its intuitive platform was designed with the user in mind, making it easy for anyone to publish content, monitor their social presence, engage with their audience and analyze social media efforts across all connected profiles. Teams can be up and running in minutes—Sprout does not require up-front investment, has flexible contract terms and there is little-to-no implementation needed. Sprout is a Twitter Certified Product, Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and Google+ Pages API Partner, and also integrates with Instagram, LinkedIn, Zendesk, UserVoice and Salesforce.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Does not have featureSentiment analysis
Does not have featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Does not have featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access