Sprout Social Reviews

Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2020

Sprout Social - Good Value for our Organization

Sprout Social is being used by the communications department--particularly our two Digital Communications Specialist staff members, which includes me. We use it to schedule social media posts, pull analytics reports, and monitor social media mentions. We use this tool on a daily basis and find that it addresses our social media needs for the most part.
  • Analytics Reporting - Sprout Social does a nice job at providing robust analytics across all social media platforms. We use this to monitor our social media performance over a specified time period, including number of posts, increase in followers, and changes in engagements and link clinks.
  • Social Media Scheduling - Sprout Social is good for scheduling social media posts in advance. With the version we use, it also shows us what time we should schedule our posts based on the past performance of our previous posts.
  • Social Media Monitoring - Sprout Social does a good job at monitoring social media mentions and searching for posts containing certain specified keywords.
  • Sprout Social has room to improve with Instagram posting and media monitoring. It can be difficult to schedule Instagram posts in advance. However, this is something that every social media scheduling tool has issues with because it's a setting on Instagram's end that causes the problems.
  • We have noticed that some of our LinkedIn photos post strangely. They end up being a smaller, scaled down version of the image. If we go to LinkedIn and post the same exact photo directly, we do not have this problem.
  • Sprout Social could have more robust media monitoring for all of the platforms (with the exception of Twitter). Right now, mentions and keyword searches seem to mainly only bring up Twitter posts. I would like to see Facebook, LinkedIn, and even Instagram more involved with this.
Sprout Social is well suited for scheduling social media posts in advance and tracking how various posts perform across the various platforms. It is great for pulling reports and analytics data to help us track what kinds of posts perform the best, along with how our overall social media strategy is performing, including an increase in followers.

Sprout Social could be better at providing more data for Instagram and make it easier to schedule Instagram posts, even though this is something that stems from the settings on Instagram's side of things.
Read Jenna Carpentier's full review
Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Listen to your audience with Sprout Social

Sprout Social is being used by multiple departments, both marketing and support. Marketing is lead and supports issues with Support through Sprout. We use it for social listening for issues and customer praise, to engage with customers, to promote our blog and products. It addresses brand awareness, social promotion, and lead generation with our Blog.
  • Social Listening - It's great to see real time what people are saying about us and to us on the channels.
  • Responding directly within Sprout - It's great to be able to talk directly back on tweets or posts from within Sprout rather than having to go find the tweet and respond natively, saving time on my end.
  • Promotion - It's also great to have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram all in one place, making social promotion much easier too. You can also bulk schedule.
  • Listening is in chronological order, which is great for support requests real time, but it would be great to listen to specific keywords.
  • It would be great to be able to log specific feedback directly into Salesforce instead of copying and pasting feedback in from support issues.
Sprout is great for marketing departments looking to watch their brand and promote their blog. It's especially good for single person posting. I don't see it working well for larger teams and collaborating real time as there isn't a great way to see who is tackling what. You can assign tasks or grab them but it would be great to see who is clicking what or a chat feature perhaps?

The dashboard could also use some help to show more about the brand, perhaps specific keywords we watch. Or trends across social platforms that we might care about.
Read Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified's full review
page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 03, 2019

Sprout Social: Trending in the wrong direction.

Our team used Sprout Social for more than 2 years to publish on pages and profiles, schedule content, monitor, and report effectiveness on social media.
  • Visual reporting. Providing graphs and charts of data.
  • Publishing to some platforms (still working on development).
  • This is not a great platform for teams. Their basic $99 plan includes a single user, and charges quite a bit to add more.
  • This is not a great platform for agencies that have more than 5 accounts or less than 100 without paying a hefty price tag. Their deluxe plan is $149 for only 10 accounts. My team has access to more than 30 pages, and we'd have to disconnect a profile, then connect a new one, wait for it to load, and then produce a new report for our clients. It was too cumbersome to be effective.
  • Value overall. Other competitors are offering more users and the same amount of pages for less money.
  • Technical support. Our team spent about $2,500 with this company across 2 years - we published our final reports, made a single request for support with 3 different team members, and it was denied four times.
Sprout Social is suited for teams that want to publish, monitor, and track social media that have few social accounts (but like data) or for large teams that don't have a lot of cross-platform usage needs (ex: You only do social media management as a service and don't pay for automation, social media marketing software, billing software, etc.)
Read page V's full review
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

Sprout Social Can Work for You if Nothing Else Will

Sprout Social was used in conjunction with Meltwater this past year. We used Sprout to schedule LinkedIn posts and pull analytics on an ad-hoc basis for client requests. Sprout gave high-level analytics for our social performance, but was not able to be the standalone software for our needs because it wasn't as robust as we had hoped.
  • Sprout Social has a mobile app that is pretty helpful when on the go. It's an easy way to get a snapshot to see if something is working, or if you need to alert a team member to edit/pull a post.
  • Analytics are easy to understand. The report graphics and insights are easy to comprehend and are client ready with little to no added context.
  • Campaign and social tracking setup is easy and does not take long to back load and populate.
  • When acquired in conjunction with other service offerings such as Meltwater's Engage platform, the use and necessity of this tool can get lost.
  • During the purchase of the software(s), it would have been helpful to do a deeper dive into Sprout's capabilities, instead of treating the "on-the-go" software like an after thought.
  • Android capabilities were lacking compared to iOS, so team members struggled to engage and use the software when they needed to.
Sprout Social is incredibly helpful for a social presence that is smaller (under 100K in followers) since you may only have one or two platforms to monitor and engage with. If you are active on three+ platforms, Sprout Social might not provide additional insight that you can easily pull from native analytics. Additionally, given the multiple price points, there is something for everyone, but other software such as Union Metrics might provide more bang for your buck.
Read Alexis Ramsey's full review
Meagan McKinnon | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Great Solution for Teams!

We use Sprout to get notified of, review, and reply to mentions/posts/DMs to our 2 business pages. The reporting in Sprout is used to set and measure goals/SLAs. This is all handled by our Customer Experience Team, although our marketing team does use Sprout as well to track engagement sometimes (this part I'm not familiar with the details). Using Sprout allows us to aggregate all social issues into one place and track who responds with what answer, timeliness of responses and ensure a clear voice coming from our brands
  • Avoid collision: when you have more than one person watching/managing your social channels it's important to maintain a consistent voice in all posts/DMs and Sprout makes it easy to see if a colleague is already handling a particular issue so you can move onto the next.
  • Reporting: out of the box there's some really nice reports that show what day/time social channels are most popular for your brand and how many mentions/posts you've responded to.
  • Ingestion: get a constant stream of all your @mentions, DMs, wall posts, retweets, and hashtags— even keywords, and misspellings! Sprout ingests all of it in one place.
  • Clarity/UX: Sprout is pretty robust but that seems to create an issue for the UX in that the people in my org that use it are always asking "where can I find ___" and "how did you get to that screen?"
  • Granular reports: I would prefer is Sprout utilized a heat map (columns=days of the week, rows=hours of the day_ to highlight at-a-glance our busiest times for social channels.
Our team manages multiple profiles on multiple social platforms, so Sprout was a gamechanger for us. We don't have a "community manager" at our company either so when you think about a village/team of people handling social responses and engagement, everyone needs to be able to converge in one place, see historical activity and replies, and be able to maintain that brand voice. If you only have one simple profile to worry about or you don't care much for reporting/analytics, you likely don't need Sprout.
Read Meagan McKinnon's full review
Nate Casimiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Powerful tool, ideal for agencies who manage social media, or who simply need to pump out quick reports.

Sprout Social is primarily used by my organization to generate reports on our social media progress across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. We use it to standardize and measure values including followers, posts, engagements and clicks. We typically measure these month over month and include these numbers in our reports to senior leadership.
  • Measure your own social media data and analytics across most social channels.
  • If you are an agency, you can manage the social media publishing and reporting for other organizations.
  • After publishing ads first party, you can use the Smart Inbox feature to engage with comments on your ads (Facebook and Instagram)
  • Sprout Social can do quite a lot, but you will have to pony up for the higher tiers to access competitive analyses, automation and collaboration features.
  • For rich user-generated content functionality, you may need to double up and seek out an additional platform.
We use it strictly to save time and efficiently create reports and graphs that can be dropped onto slides or in department reports. It's a huge time saver and worht the $40 a month, but also we could populate these manually at zero cost if we wanted to. It comes down to bandwidth and how much time you want to spend on something versus the cost. On an agency level, this would be exponentially helpful, but if you are using the tool for yourself, it may not be necessary.
Read Nate Casimiro's full review
January 17, 2020

Sprout Social: Better Functionality, Better Social

I work on creating and posting social content for clients, and a few of them have opted to use Sprout Social to manage their social accounts. They wanted a platform that would include multi-functionality and serve as their overarching content hub. We gave them the options for a few different platforms, and quite a few tapped Sprout Social to be the center of all things social.
  • Schedule, post and monitor social feeds.
  • Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
  • Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as
  • Data reporting and analysis.
  • Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).
  • I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.
Sprout Social is the perfect one-stop platform for all things social. If you're looking for high-level social management for a variety of social channels (not just Facebook or Twitter), or just in-depth analytics and capabilities for Facebook and Twitter, then this is the platform you should be using. Sprout Social has a smart, intuitive design that is easy to use (which is my big gripe with other platforms such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck, which have a lot more going on in their interfaces). That said, if you are a smaller firm, or have less or smaller social needs, I might scale back to a smaller social software with less functionality.
January 08, 2020

Turn your sprout of a social media account into a massive oak

Sprout Social is a definite time saver for any company that’s heavily invested in its social media presence, especially marketing firms that manage numerous accounts. It allows users to post across multiple social platforms and also view detailed analytics. Analytics also help users to determine what social strategies are effective and adjust accordingly.
  • Schedule posts across multiple social media accounts and platforms.
  • View detailed analytics.
  • Certain social channels scale back exposure on social posts stemming from third-party platforms. This needs to be resolved to maximize effectiveness.
  • Mobile app lacks the full functionality of browser version.
Sprout Social is ideally suited for organizations posting in high volumes and across multiple social media outlets. Sprout Social allows users to post entirely from within one platform and schedule posts in advance, thereby saving significant time. For organizations only making occasional posts in one or two social channels, they may be better off posting directly within those social channels. It’s cost effective and, depending upon the outlet, allows for higher engagement.

Sprout Social Is Tough to Beat

Sprout Social was used by the marketing department by my company. We used it to create and manage our editorial content calendar. We scheduled all of our social media posts on various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) on Sprout Social. I manage over 150 Facebook Business Pages and over 75 Instagram pages. The reporting tools here are wonderful. I had a great customer service rep who walked us through any issues we may have encountered or shown us features we may not have been aware of.
  • The reporting is one of Sprout Social's strongest features. It's very visual and easy to understand. Often I would just make a .pdf of the report and send them directly to my boss without any edits.
  • Scheduling posts is very easy. The mobile app works well with the desktop version and I'm able to go back and forth between the two.
  • The customer service is top-notch. I had monthly meetings with my rep and they were quite informative. She listened to any issues I brought up and worked diligently to provide a solution.
  • If I was logged in one on platform it meant I was logged out everywhere else. I have a desktop and a laptop that I occasionally took home. It can get a little frustrating having to constantly log back in.
  • The tiered pricing structure. My company has almost 200 social media accounts and we're aggressively growing. As we outgrew one tier into the next tier, the pricing naturally increased. While understandable, it was hard to justify the cost to my superiors.
  • A limited number of users - At my company, there were only two us that were admins to the platform. We wanted more but that would result in a price increase my department couldn't handle.
I would highly recommend Sprout Social to anyone. One of our C-Suite executives wanted metrics on our social media strategy. He knew social media was important but didn't know how we should go about it. I was able to build a few reports for him and was able to show him we were on the right track, focusing on the right goals, and that we had to stay the course. Showing the ROI of social is always difficult. Being able to show executives analytics in an easy to understand format always helps.

Sprout helps!

Sprout Social is currently used by our Marketing and Customer Experience departments. Marketing uses it to manage campaigns and also keep a pulse on our competition and industry. The Customer Experience team utilizes it as a way to resolve customer issues and engage with customers who may leave feedback about our organization.
  • Super easy to use
  • Scheduling future campaigns and posts
  • Consolidating all social media accounts in one place
  • Really wish there was an ability to create custom reports
  • Would like to be able to see if another team member is already responding to a customer
  • integration with CRM
It's pretty easy to use and a good starter platform. Feedback I have received from our marketing & PR teams is that they wish there was a little more functionality around campaign development. For our Customer Experience team, it works pretty well and it's nice to have a dashboard that consolidates all social media feeds in one place.
November 07, 2019

Excellent tool for social media listening

I use Sprout Social to run an overall view of my clients brand to help them understand who is following them online, and how to best reach their audience through social media and content marketing strategies.
  • Easy to set-up.
  • Great benchmarking.
  • Good looking charts and reporting for presentations.
  • During a trial, there was a lot of automated outreach from the sales rep.
  • Hashtag analysis isn't great.
Sprout Social is great for a small to mid-sized business. I've used now for several of my clients, and plan to continue!
October 15, 2019

Sprout makes social media easy

We use Sprout Social in our marketing dept to manage all of our location pages. It helps consolidate everything into one place so we don't have to switch between social media pages.
  • Scheduling posts.
  • Post approvals.
  • Consolidating pages into one place.
  • You can't get posts approved by multiple people.
Sprout is wonderful for a small staff to manage multiple pages.
Kelcey Zacarese | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2019

Sprout Reporting Focused Review

It is being used by the full social team here at our Agency. It is used mainly for reporting/monthly metric takeaways rather community management, brand engagement, social listening, or scheduling. It helps us track how well or content is performing month over month, how our community is growing, demographics on our community, and more.
  • A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc.
  • Demographic breakdown in reporting.
  • Paid and organic metrics separated out.
  • Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter).
  • A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid.
  • Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.
Sprout is best when needed for general reporting metrics - especially for brands or agencies who are working with only organic or unpaid content. Since Ads Manager is typically used for all paid reporting, this is either best for organic only reporting, or a comprehensive overview of how your paid + organic content has done.
Read Kelcey Zacarese's full review
Sylvia Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2019

A Six Year Old Could Use This!

I have used Sprout Social for multiple companies and always just within the marketing organization, and of course, on behalf of executive leadership. It's an awesome tool that enables your business to thoughtfully schedule posts for all platforms, monitor comments, collaborate with others on your team with a really solid editorial calendar. It's also super cool that you can schedule Instagram posts and stories! The calendar features rocks.
  • Monitor your audience's comments, an awesome as a customer service tool!
  • You can schedule Instagram posts and stories, which is a big deal for my direct-to-consumer clients who LIVE on Instagram.
  • The calendar and collaboration are really helpful in supporting OMNI-channel marketing efforts.
  • You cannot post gifs which seems ridiculous in this day and age where we do pretty much everything with gifs!
  • System failures: sometime a post will fail, but there is no clear reason as to why it occurred. These should be error-free, unless the Social platform, such as Facebook, for example, is experiencing an outage. Then, there should be a notification in Sprout.
  • You can't tag pages in Facebook posts: for clients looking to tag partners, for example.
  • Drafts don't stick around if you don't schedule them.
  • The price, even for the standard version, can be steep for bootstrapped startups.
Sprout Social is straight forward and intuitive which is great as you don't need to learn a new language to operate it. Like other monitoring tools, you can schedule and monitor your social networks in one place, while collaborating with team members in a single view. It also analyzes your engagement so you can optimize your communications. As a business, you have to have a tool like this. That being said, it's expensive in comparison to say, Hootsuite or Buffer. So, a cash strapped small business is not going to love that $100/mo pricetag for the basics.
Read Sylvia Flores's full review
June 12, 2019

SproutSocial: Not for everyone but good for those who want to stay in control of posts

I've used SproutSocial for a couple of clients. One client selected it (even though I was interested in using a different solution) because it allowed the client to approve each post before it was added to the queue. Another client had already implemented it. They didn't seem entirely happy with it but were in a contract.
  • You can share posts across social media channels. So you can take one post, select FB, LI, and Twitter for example, and then customize it for each. Pretty easy to do that.
  • You can choose if you want someone to "approve" the post before it goes into the queue. If someone has that power, it makes it easy for them to have control over what's posted.
  • You can repeat posts that performed well. To see how posts did, you can pull a report. Then you can choose to re-use that post. You can customize it or just set it up to go again.
  • I struggled even after lengthy conversations with the support team to use the images that were posted with a client's blog posts. That was a major issue. It took a lot of extra time to select images to go with the posts. Never solved that issue.
  • They have a queue—can't remember what it's called—that you're supposed to be able to load with posts that you want to repeat at various times each month. This was difficult to use. Again, in spite of asking for support's help, we couldn't figure out how to use it effectively.
  • It does a lot, maybe TOO much. It's a little overwhelming. They probably need to do more training to help you understand how to utilize all the features. It's too complicated and may be overkill for many.
Perhaps it's better suited for larger teams? Most of the clients I work with are smaller. I feel it's overkill for them.
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2019

Excellent platform except analytics.

We use it to manage our social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. It has so many great tools that adapt in a great manner to our needs. This is used by our Marketing department as well as our Outsourced Community Management team.
  • The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use.
  • It has a solution for all sizes of companies.
  • It’s good for monitoring and engaging.
  • I don’t really like the analytics that they have.
  • The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.
It's well suited for medium to large companies. For small companies, it’s a little bit expensive, but if you can afford paying it... it will be very useful.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing's full review
December 20, 2018

Sprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout Social

We used Sprout Social to begin experimenting with social media management tools as we scaled our voice on multiple social platforms. It was utilized by the market department (a small one - usage was mainly by 2 users, max). Usually in tandem, as we explored the product. It allowed us to get ahead of ourselves in terms of planning and scheduling so we were able to develop a social plan in real-time, as we explored a tool that is meant to allow us to do just that. As a small team, we were short on hands, literally, and ideas, so having the ability to schedule across platforms, as well as utilize hashtag trend tools to generate ideas was very helpful.
  • Quick ramp up (very user-friendly)
  • Powerful reporting and trend identification tools
  • Location-based hashtag searches
  • Brand monitoring
  • The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget
  • Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels
  • No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow.
  • Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about Hootsuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.
Great for small to medium-sized teams with a reasonable enough budget to fund the investment in SS. Best for brands looking for a strong Twitter presence, ideally, a social presence focused more on interesting text-based content, as opposed to brands with more visual and varied forms of media.
February 07, 2019

The Smarter Way to Help Your Team

Several departments use Sprout Social at my company. My department mainly uses it to understand the marketing tactics that we have implemented for our clients. More than just understanding these tactics, we want to see how these campaigns have done across multiple platforms—whether that be interaction or overall use amongst consumers. We also use it to understand what campaigns we should use next and what our client would like to see in the future.
  • Organized
  • Thorough in analysis
  • Expansive
  • I suppose it could be a little more simple to use for those who aren't familiar with platforms like this
We can track campaigns, usage and best practices. This isn't something to just brainstorm ideas off of, it can be used like that to a degree, but it's more to understand how social media campaigns work (and who likes what campaign the best). It's better for understanding demographics and usage.
December 21, 2018

How Sprout Social changed our operations

When we first tried Sprout Social we were simply looking for a smarter platform to schedule our social media content and a smarter way to collaborate on content creation, but we were impressed by their social media reporting power and clean & slick interface. All of the comments and replies come in a single stream, allows us an easier way to manage them and to keep track of pending tickets.

On a final note. If you ever face an issue while using the platform, you should definitely contact their customer support, they are always spot on and prompt in resolving any minor or major issues we faced.
  • Easy scheduling and content management & collaboration.
  • Neat and clean interface.
  • Powerful analytics and reporting.
  • Very responsive customer support.
  • The social listening model is way too expensive and not as powerful as dedicated listening platforms.
  • Can be quite expensive compared to some other tools, but makes it up in its features and clean interface.
  • We schedule reports to go to our clients on monthly basis.
  • We analyze our content performance and track campaigns (using content tags).
  • Our social media community management got way better after our team adapted to the single stream inbox.
February 12, 2019

Sprout Social-Social Media Planner

We use Sprout Social for our social media accounts to send out information from a centralized platform. Our social media reports are being generated through Sprout Social. It cuts down on workload. We have more than 20 content creators on the team and it is used across the whole organization.
  • Monthly Reports.
  • Perfect customer service.
  • Scheduling social media posts.
  • Pricey compared to other platforms.
  • There are some capabilities that are hard to find and figure out how to use.
  • The interface is not user-friendly.
For organizations with multiple social media accounts and teams with more than 10 people, it would be a good decision to use Sprout Social. If there are only one or two social media accounts, then Sprout Social might not be the best option based on its price.
Adrienne Hardin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 04, 2018

Solid entry-level product for social media management

Sprout Social is being used by one person within our organization's Communications department. I implemented Sprout hoping to streamline our social media efforts and manage all of our organization's social media platforms from one place. I currently have two Facebook accounts, one Twitter account, one Instagram account, one LinkedIn company profile, and a Google Analytics account connected to Sprout.
  • The social listening capabilities do a great job of providing me with information I need from our target audiences.
  • Customer service is readily available, thorough, and considerate. When I call them with questions, I’ve gotten live people EVERY time, which is rare in the social media realm.
  • The option to shorten links and add photos directly in tweet drafts has helped not only workflow, but it also helps maintain a seamless aesthetic on our Twitter profile.
  • The ability to export calendars into PDFs and send them to campus partners has made workflow for campaigns so much better. I no longer have giant spreadsheets full of posts to send off to other departments for approval.
  • The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate.
  • Sprout calculates impressions and engagements differently than Facebook and Twitter do natively, so I’m unable to rely solely on the reports pulled from the platform.
  • Sprout’s Instagram integration didn’t suit our needs. Our audiences respond best to posts in real time, so there isn’t opportunity to schedule Instagram posts in advance. With recent privacy changes, I’m not able to like or comment on Instagram posts from Sprout either, so I’ve moved back to using Instagram natively.
  • The integration with LinkedIn company pages is weak; links don’t format correctly, so it’s easier to post natively.
  • Approvals and task assignments aren’t available with the entry-level subscription, and the cost of upgrading is similar to what I could get for a more robust tool like Falcon.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Sprout for basic social media management. Twitter scheduling, social listening capabilities, and being able to export calendars of scheduled posts are all features that have saved me time and allowed me to focus more on strategic efforts. But, if you depend on accurate data reporting, or are looking for something that integrates well with the rest of a team's workflow, Sprout (at least at the premium level) probably isn't the best choice.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
August 07, 2018

Get social ROI with Sprout

Sprout Social was an amazing agency partner for us as we grew over the past five years. It allowed us to navigate multiple channels and multiple client accounts with ease. The overall ease of use and UX was great and most features worked flawlessly. As an agency, you are tasked with managing a lot of moving parts for client campaigns and having reporting, publishing, engagement, and tasks consolidated to a single view was very helpful in our agency workflow and processes.
  • Scheduling content
  • Research and overall visibility of a social community across channels
  • Reporting
  • Engagement
  • Instagram
  • Live and story-based content
  • Additional social channels
If you are an agency or run a large social team, Sprout Social is perfect. For a single man shop, it is too robust and expensive to turn an ROI unless you are a social media die-hard. I would also recommend this to any organization that is working with an agency to run social. You can keep your hand on the pulse, assign tasks and keep the entire engagement in an easy to manage interface.
August 20, 2018

A nice all-in-one social media management tool

Sprout Social is a robust community management and social media management tool with all-in-one capabilities. It has helped us stay organized and visualize our content calendar in one place.
  • Social media aggregation. Every use case across the team is aggregated into one platform across channels. Listening, engaging, community management.
  • Publishing tools. The publish calendar helps us to see what our content calendar looks like across all of our channels. Letting us see what conflicts (if anything).
  • Social listening. A nice sweet set of tools to get a full picture of the conversation around our brand.
  • Sentiment analysis could improve. In my experience, it's about 60% accurate and doesn't account for subtleties of sarcasm or have machine learning AI.
  • The user interface could be more user-friendly. Sort of intangible feedback, but I found navigation to be tough at first.
For a small social team that wants to consolidate content planning, community management, and social listening, Sprout is perfect.
May 16, 2018

A great solution for quick, simple social tasks

Sprout Social is being used by both internal teams and clients for social listening and social insights development.
  • The platform is very easy to use, especially reporting and scheduling functions.
  • UX/UI is user-friendly
  • No social listening and analytics are fairly basic relative to other strong competitors
  • Pricing isn't ideal for small, growing teams
  • Mobile app could be heavily improved
Sprout Social is an incredible free tool with limitations. If you're looking to have a more powerful social management platform, there are definitely better alternatives. For quick, simple engagements, Sprout Social is probably most ideal.
Jimmy Mack | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2018

Sprout Social - Good basic analytics on a budget.

Sprout Social is used to track key social media metrics, monitor social media campaigns, track social media engagement, and provide social media reports to key stakeholders including supervisors, directors, and other executives. Additionally, we used Sprout Social as a way to schedule content and help create a content calendar we could follow.
  • Scheduling content
  • Aggregating analytics from various social media platforms
  • One-click reporting
  • Fairly basic interface
  • Analytics are surface level
  • No social listening
If you have a small social media team and need a way to quickly and easily monitor your owned social media channels, track conversations on your posts and engage with your fans or followers, Sprout works well. It also is an easy way for users to create high-level reports for higher-ups.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review

Boolean keyword searches (22)
Filtering out noise/spam (26)
Sentiment analysis (7)
Broad channel coverage (12)
Content planning and scheduling (32)
Audience targeting (29)
Content optimization (27)
Workflow management (29)
Automated routing and prioritization (11)
Customer interaction histories (32)
Bulk actions (27)
Lead generation (21)
Content marketing (22)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (32)
Facebook (34)
LinkedIn (28)
Google+ (14)
6.0
Instagram (26)
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (32)
Real-time tracking (33)
Competitor analysis (25)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (31)
Mobile access (29)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social provides social media management, marketing, customer care, data and intelligence, and employee advocacy solutions for leading brands and agencies, including Ticketmaster, Chipotle, Grubhub, Subaru, Zendesk and many more. Sprout’s platform is designed with ease of use in mind, simplifying social publishing, engagement, reviews, analytics and listening for our customers. By providing customer success and technical support, Sprout is committed to delivering consistent value to all users. The vendor states that any organization, regardless of size or industry, can count on dedicated onboarding and quick implementation to realize value faster and minimize business disruption. Sprout invites potential customer to experience what they describe as award-winning service and industry-leading time to value with a free 30-day trial at sproutsocial.com.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Sprout Social Screenshots

Sprout Social Integrations

Sprout Social Competitors

Hootsuite, Falcon.io, Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium)

Sprout Social Support Options