Overall Satisfaction with LiquidPlanner
Currently we have one department actively using it, but we have plans to get more of the company involved. It addresses the issues of being able to visualize a long, complex workflow.
- LiquidPlanner's biggest strength is that it allows you to have a simple visualization of a complex workflow with the use of packages, project folders, tasks, etc. Long-term projects can be overwhelming, especially if you have to multitask. LiquidPlanner allows you to manage efficiently.
- LiquidPlanner is a very powerful project management tool, but it allows you to use it in varying levels. The more data you want to give it, the more data it will give you, allowing you to perfect your team and project's workflow. The most notable example is time estimates. If you are able to estimate how much time certain tasks within a project take, you can roughly calculate how long the whole project will take. If kept up with, it can be extremely valuable to budget time and resources.
- With its different ways of commenting, communication about specific portions of a project is very easy. The tagging system works really well, so that when you tag someone on a comment, they will get an email that will notify them, keeping the whole project moving along.
- LiquidPlanner's mobile app definitely needs some work. It doesn't display properly, having many things on the right hand side cut off. It doesn't update/refresh well. I can't imagine the mobile app will ever have the functionality of the Web version, but it needs to come a lot closer.
- LiquidPlanner requires that everyone actively participate in order to maximize its benefit. However, it can be difficult for everyone to be on top of all of their responsibilities all of the time. Not sure on a solution, but it can be a lot to manage.
- LiquidPlanner really forces you to map out your workflow. For me, honing into a template that I can later adjust as needed has been huge, as there is less time at the beginning of a project trying to assign and figure out what needs to happen when usually it never changes.
- Communication between employees, especially ones not immediately available in the office has been very welcomed. It helps having conversations documented in a public, logical place that is easy to find and refer to as the project continues.
- Our productivity has definitely skyrocketed as we've really gotten a feel and committed to using LiquidPlanner daily. As we move forward, we continually try to add more and more ways for us to use the service.