March 18, 2014
Score 7 out of 10
Localytics was used to measure app usage across all the apps for our business. We used to to measure engagement and content consumption, by device, by app type. It was being used by the analytics department and it helped us to measure what was performing well with the app and used it to guide insights into what should be improved or worked upon.
- It has a simple interface that is easy to use and easy to teach non-analytics members of the company. It was fairly easy to access and digest information and the visualization capabilities were very good as well.
- The implementation was not very heavy, which made it easier for the dev team to code, as well as fix and bugs that may arise.
- The biggest thing I would like to see with Localytics is the capability for more correlations. The limited amount of correlations available does restrict the type of analyses that could be done with the data.
- An easier interface to move data into Microsoft Excel would be very useful, rather than creating annoying workarounds.
- More/better automatically scheduled reporting, as well as an Excel plug-in to access the data rather than being restricted to the Localytics interface.
- Increased employee efficiency- it is an easy tool to learn and it gives valuable information.
- Reduced dev costs- it is a fairly simple code for developers to load into an app. Also low cost compared to some big brands, such as Adobe
- Quick processing time- was able to get data very quickly- did not have to endure a long lag time on data processing.
There is a lot of competition. I would renew if there isn't anything more exceptional that would justify the re-coding and implementation load costs.