Maintenance Connection Turns Maintenance Department Around
https://www.trustradius.com/facility-managementMaintenance ConnectionUnspecified8.93101
Timothy Yaeger profile photo
October 05, 2018

Maintenance Connection Turns Maintenance Department Around

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Maintenance Connection CMMS

We use it in the maintenance department for PMs, POs, and Work Orders submitted from the plant floor, safety, quality, asset management, planning, and scheduling, etc. It has streamlined our PM program and has helped save dollars by identifying gaps in our PM program. I use the Purchase order module to issue POs directly to my contractors without making a phone call. I use it to keep track of budgets throughout the year.
  • Customer Service is Outstanding.
  • Changes are made by MC through the entire network that makes suggestions.
  • The software is simple to use so even the most seasoned mechanic can navigate it.
  • The work schedules are fixed so floating schedules cannot be used. It is a product suggestion the community is working on.
  • The Migration from our old system was not fun as the software where not compatible. Took me about three months to get everything in from transferring it to excel spread sheets.
  • My ROI was 30% just on machine repair costs alone.
  • We went from about 250 PM's to over 2000. Our Up time went from 68% to Nearly 90% on all production lines.
  • Our stock outs (Parts not in Parts Room) have dropped to 2%, usually from a new machine that had different part on it that was not the same as what we had.
  • We went from Producing 10 million pounds a month to over 27 Million.
It much more user-friendly and does not have a lot of wasted information that you would never use. I did a lot of research on other CMMS programs and questioned other users and was allowed to use the test module for 3 months. That pretty much sealed the deal for everyone except for those afraid of change. Eventually, they all fall in line and accept the new CMMS system.
It has a very broad application so there is not much it does not cover. Our accounting department could use it but they choose not to. Really it could be company-wide for many applications. I came in as a Maximo user which was nice but very expensive to purchase and maintain.