Favorite MAP I've tried
October 30, 2018
Favorite MAP I've tried
Score 10 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Internally, Marketo is used as our Marketing Automation platform, integrated with SFDC. My role is primarily working with clients who use Marketo with a variety of different goals and use cases. Primarily I work with companies who are in the B2B SaaS space, using Marketo to manage and nurture their leads, alert sales, and publish their content with Marketo Landing Pages and Forms.
- Engagement Programs - the ability to set up very complex, granular email nurture programs allows you to target people with incredibly personalized experiences at scale.
- Lead management process - you can completely customize your lead stages to your sales cycle, set up your own revenue cycle to create unique analytics based on your company, and automate sales alerts and recycling to marketing based on your own criteria.
- User friendly templates - The modules in Marketo email templates make putting together beautiful HTML emails a breeze.
- Improved Salesforce integration - increased functionality would be useful, but the basics are already there.
- Product Launches
- Lead Management
- Prospecting / New Business
I've used Marketo to increase customer engagement through customer on-boarding/training and upsell opportunities, lead nurturing to bring new names to sales-ready, educated leads, and to improve brand awareness in colder leads. Marketo is an excellent tool for all of these goals, with advanced email marketing options, easy to customize landing pages, progressive profiling, advanced lead scoring options, and an integration with salesforce that gives insight to the sales team.
Of all the options I've used, Marketo is the most customizable and allows you to have the most control over how it's used. While you can get base level functionality out of any of the marketing automation tools I've tried, if you're looking to do anything unique or innovative, I'd recommend Marketo.
Marketo is an amazing option for large companies or a company looking for a customizable marketing automation platform that can grow with their company. I'd recommend having a strong plan in place for how you plan to use Marketo before implementing, but you can always start with a simple implementation and build out the complexity of your system as your marketing strategy changes. I would not recommend Marketo for anyone that does not have a strong tech presence in their marketing department.