Overall Satisfaction with Mavenlink
We utilize Mavenlink for project management for all of our projects. It allows us to create tasks and assign them to users within the project. We also use this application for time management where we can record all hours for the project for review by customers. In addition we have begun to try to use it for expense reporting.
- Mavenlink allows for task tracking. At a quick glance you can see which tasks remain and which resource is allocated for that task.
- Mavenlink provides for a common collaboration platform. Users on the project can ask or provide comments into a project that can be seen by everyone on the project. This allows for quicker communication on the project without the use of email.
- Time Tracking is great as it provides the ability to input the time for each project. This has allowed us to consolidate different time reporting applications into Mavenlink. Users can now input their time while on a project at the same as completing a task.
- We need the ability to do mobile expenses. Most of our time and expenses are entered on the road. It is easiest to utilize a phone to add receipts.
- Too many notifications when collaboration is being done. Need the ability to consolidate the emails when a lot of collaboration is going on.
- Setup is a little cumbersome for small projects as it requires the same effort for medium and larger projects.
- This has reduced the number of applications we typically use. Time Management & Expense Module Reporting.
- We are able to collaborate with our users with spreadsheets and status reports quicker. This allows for a better experience by our users and more work.
- Quicker data input allows for quicker billing of our time usage.
It's easier to use Mavenlink because I am already assigned to projects that I am working. I save time when I don't have to sift through a list of 80 projects to find my current projects nor do I have to let the system admin know that the project is closed. Our project manager will know when a project is still active or not. Also I am able to provide better documentation of the work being performed.
Project management has been great for us as a good use case. We are using it for time management where can determine if a resource is available for a project and to document the total number of hours a consultant works. We are experimenting using Mavenlink for other uses like expense management.