Concur is a SaaS expense report management product, and handles corporate travel booking, expense report automation, reimbursement, audit, and business intelligence, and corporate card integration. The product is used by over 15,000 clients. Concur is now an SAP company.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/4V/vg/WT9825AXK1JR.JPEGConcur Travel: The Benefits and not-soWe use Concur Travel and Expenses across our whole organization. We are required to use electronic processing for travel as ordered by the President. It addresses the issue of getting information quickly and more transparency,Analyzing travel reports which help management decisions. In our current political state, it is important to get information quickly to upper management. Easy access to a system accessible from anywhere. Previously system was more internal which limited timeliness for inputting expenses Separation of duties: The system can be set up to allow more accountability for each person.,System problems: Concur has come a long way from when we started to still get issues that affect our customers because of system errors. It can be annoying and slows our processes. We are constantly trying to explain to our customers why something doesn't work as designed. Reservations: Reservations sometimes doesn't come over correctly meaning cost can be different. Also, the travel agency doesn't get the reservations. Customer Service: We open help desk tickets but half the time they aren't resolved. This is a big area of improvement that needs to be addressed,7,Overall it meets our current needs for travel expenses. It is not comprehensive for our customers. If you don't use the system regularly navigating it could be difficult. It is good for capturing financial information related to travel expenses. Easy for reporting.,,Skype for Business, SkillportExcellent and user-friendly reimbursement softwareConcur is used across my entire organization for submitting travel authorization requests as well as reimbursement requests. It allows employees to have a centralized and organized place for submitting such requests to HR.,Very user friendly Lots of options for input Support is outstanding if you need them,I truly have not had any issues with it yet,10,Efficiency in reimbursements Ease of booking and approving travel Little to no staff training neededI Concur that this software is good.Concur is being used across the organization with 3 of our office locations. Concur solves a lot of the problems that we face by implementing approval processes and reimbursements limits for each employee. In addition, we can tell very easily if an employee has yet to submit a receipt expense for reimbursement they are requesting. The invoice capture of Concur does a very good job of automatically scanning the invoice and creating the various invoice line items for assigned people to review and approve.,You can implement a lot of controls for travel/expense reimbursement (setting reimbursement limits, setting limits for flagging review, you can set a 2-person approval if the expense reaches a certain limit) There is an audit log for every action (great doing financial audits) You can easily track the status of each expense report along with e-mail notifications on the status of each report.,The User Interface is very crowded and not as user-friendly. the UI bombards you with an incredible amount of fields. It can be a bit confusing when employees are filling them out the first time. Concur seems to go down more so than other cloud software Customer support isn't very helpful when contacted for inquiries,8,As an accountant, the audit log is very useful in helping us answer any inquiries our auditors ask of us. Concur stores the receipts that are attached and we have a history of all the transactions and actions of each report. We can see who was assigned for approval and when they approved the report We are able to reimburse employees much quicker than before. The turn around time helped us reimburse employees 50% quicker.,Certify,NetSuite, Avalara AvaTax, ZuoraTravel made easyConcur is being utilized company-wide for all travel booking and expense reporting. It is solving the issue of business travel organization by allowing all travel related information and approval all in one place.,Mobile application for expense reporting allows me to start my expense report as soon as I get my first receipt. It allows me to book all my travel, flight, hotel, and a vehicle in one simple place. It allows direct and simple approval to my manager to approve my travel or expenses.,The user interface is a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of a learning curve. The receipt photo upload feature is a bit slow. When writing expense reports some information is required to be entered twice. It would be beneficial and save time to only enter this once.,7,It saves time with expense reporting. It allows for a travel itinerary to be added to your calendar saving time. It allows all users in the company to book all travel quickly.,Apptricity Travel & Expense,Qualtrics, Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud9Concur ReviewThe Concur Travel and Expense app is utilized by every individual on our team. Some have their corporate card attached, however, personally, I do not have a corporate card and just attach receipts (or screenshots of payments) from my personal credit card. We use this for mostly travel, or client meetings. This app helps our finance team disperse money across the teams in a quick and easy way.,The client support for travel is amazing, there hasn't been one time where I haven't been able to get weekend service to change a Monday flight to Sunday etc. They are always nice and willing to help, I've never had a bad experience there. I LOVE that Concur allows you to take screenshots of your receipts rather than keep the receipts. I lose them ALL THE TIME. The site layout is easy to use and manageable. The user experience is great there, and I like when it saves my most used expense reasonings.,It's really hard to find past expenses... I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's just hard to navigate on the site where the past expenses are. If Concur could have the same guidelines for every company as far as what you can and can't do with expenses that would be great. Or have a training per company on the side bar. I've gotten my reports sent back before just because I didn't have the right information. Some of the tabs are confusing like "available reports" and "open reports", why would I ever leave a report open if it's due once a month?,9,Increasing ROI... I mean I'm sure everyone is happy getting refunded their money when they spend company funds. I would say that every company should invest in Concur, specifically because it's an easy way for finance to approve or disapprove certain expenses. Concur doesn't have any type of influence on our business objective other than making sure we are budgeting for the company correctly. Since being purchased by a PE firm, it was helpful for our company to see where our funds were going and concur helped in doing that.,,SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InVision
Concur Travel and Expense

Concur Travel and Expense Reviews

Concur Travel and Expense
Filter 351 vetted Concur Travel and Expense reviews and ratings
Samuel Fitzpatrick, MBA profile photo
June 27, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur Travel: The Benefits and not-so"

• Analyzing travel reports which help management decisions. In our current political state, it is important to get information quickly to upper management.
  • Easy access to a system accessible from anywhere. Previously system was more internal which limited timeliness for inputting expenses
  • Separation of duties: The system can be set up to allow more accountability for each person.
  • System problems: Concur has come a long way from when we started to still get issues that affect our customers because of system errors. It can be annoying and slows our processes. We are constantly trying to explain to our customers why something doesn't work as designed.
  • Reservations: Reservations sometimes doesn't come over correctly meaning cost can be different. Also, the travel agency doesn't get the reservations.
  • Customer Service: We open help desk tickets but half the time they aren't resolved. This is a big area of improvement that needs to be addressed
The software itself is good but if something goes wrong that is where the issue comes into play. System updates, change the configuration, or any other related items take time to fix. We have to do workarounds which cause delays
Read Samuel Fitzpatrick, MBA's full review
Lauren T. Masino profile photo
October 18, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Excellent and user-friendly reimbursement software"

• Very user friendly
  • Lots of options for input
  • Support is outstanding if you need them
  • I truly have not had any issues with it yet
Concur is a wonderful product for businesses to use. It required little to no training for a brand new user. It is intuitive and reliable; no errors or getting booted out. It makes submitting expenses very simple and fast. I recommend Concur for efficiency in business reimbursements and travel authorizations.
Read Lauren T. Masino's full review
May 22, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "I Concur that this software is good."

• You can implement a lot of controls for travel/expense reimbursement (setting reimbursement limits, setting limits for flagging review, you can set a 2-person approval if the expense reaches a certain limit)
  • There is an audit log for every action (great doing financial audits)
  • You can easily track the status of each expense report along with e-mail notifications on the status of each report.
  • The User Interface is very crowded and not as user-friendly. the UI bombards you with an incredible amount of fields. It can be a bit confusing when employees are filling them out the first time.
  • Concur seems to go down more so than other cloud software
  • Customer support isn't very helpful when contacted for inquiries
The audit log is one the important features that we looked for in travel/purchase request system. However, if you're a smaller company and doesn't need this audit history for financial audit, you can do fine with a less expensive travel and expense software.
June 15, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Travel made easy"

• Mobile application for expense reporting allows me to start my expense report as soon as I get my first receipt.
  • It allows me to book all my travel, flight, hotel, and a vehicle in one simple place.
  • It allows direct and simple approval to my manager to approve my travel or expenses.
  • The user interface is a bit cumbersome and takes a bit of a learning curve.
  • The receipt photo upload feature is a bit slow.
  • When writing expense reports some information is required to be entered twice. It would be beneficial and save time to only enter this once.
Concur is appropriate for business travel and expense reporting. It would be inappropriate to use Concur for personal expenses as it is difficult to remove those from the reporting.
Nicole Nagy profile photo
February 28, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense: "Concur Review"

• The client support for travel is amazing, there hasn't been one time where I haven't been able to get weekend service to change a Monday flight to Sunday etc. They are always nice and willing to help, I've never had a bad experience there.
  • I LOVE that Concur allows you to take screenshots of your receipts rather than keep the receipts. I lose them ALL THE TIME.
  • The site layout is easy to use and manageable. The user experience is great there, and I like when it saves my most used expense reasonings.
  • It's really hard to find past expenses... I'm not sure if it's just me or if it's just hard to navigate on the site where the past expenses are.
  • If Concur could have the same guidelines for every company as far as what you can and can't do with expenses that would be great. Or have a training per company on the side bar. I've gotten my reports sent back before just because I didn't have the right information.
  • Some of the tabs are confusing like "available reports" and "open reports", why would I ever leave a report open if it's due once a month?
I personally think every company should have Concur. How else are they going to refund expenses? In every situation that I've used it it's been helpful and easy. However, the thought of doing expenses gives me anxiety. I should definitely download the app and take pictures as I go...
Read Nicole Nagy's full review
February 15, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Great Travel and Expense System"

Concur is being used across the whole organization. The problem it is solving is trying to keep track of all your expenses and booking your travel. Before we had to do it all manually on Excel spreadsheets and paper receipts where we had to scan things and submit things via email. Now it is all done through an app. All I have to do is take pictures of receipts and they are automatically uploaded and read I don't have to do anything. Plus when booking travel it will pull up options specifically around the company's protocols. When I take a picture of the actual receipt the software will read the receipt and put in dollar amounts and company names and everything. The ease of use and the reduction of time is amazing. Plus it is so easy to submit to management for approval. Great tool for the staff.
  • Tracks and enters receipts for expense reports.
  • Make it so simple to book travel around company protocols.
  • Makes it very easy for management to review and approve expense reports.
  • Also, helps travel expenses and cost for each event to easily show an ROI or not.
  • Man, to be honest, this system is perfect because not only is it browser based, but it has other apps that sync with it like ExpenseIt and the Concur app too.
Well just imagine traveling and seeing your friends or colleagues from other companies having to keep track of all the receipts of their travel. I have been there. Well with the ExpenseIt app that is part of Concur all you literally have to do is take a picture of the receipt and the software does the rest. What do I mean by that? It will use technology to read the receipt and enter in the dollar amounts, the vendor, and the type of expense. For example, if it is the morning and it knows it is a restaurant it will put breakfast. It is so very efficient and easy to use.
January 08, 2018

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur is one of the best apps to use to manage your travel and expenses"

Concur is used by throughout our organization. Concur is being used to ensure timely reporting and submission of expenses and also book their trips. The system allows users to efficiently and effectively submit their expense reports in a timely manner. The features such as the mobile app, currency converter, and trip booking are some of the features which are very user-friendly.
  • Concur's mobile app is very user-friendly to book trips and create expense reports.
  • The feature for taking a picture of receipts from your smartphone is very time efficient.
  • Concur's web layout is very efficient and it is easy to navigate all the features easily.
  • Add expenses in expense report has many steps and is not that efficient especially using the mobile app.
  • Capability of adding multiple attachments for each expense item is currently missing from the version I am using.
The Concur Travel and Expense is well suited for:
- big organizations where there are many employees
- when timely reporting of expense report is critical
- when a company is trying to save the time of employees
The app is not suited if it is a small company and where there are less travel and expenses to be reimbursed.
November 28, 2017

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Great product!"

Concur is used across our organization for travel booking and expense management for all our employees - from maintenance techs and drivers who have few expenses a month to our senior leaders who travel every week.
  • Mobile functionality - do the same things you do on a desktop, on your mobile application.
  • Matching expenses quickly and easily by building a bank of expenses just waiting for you to be ready to process a report.
  • Seeing variety of travel options, including airlines like Southwest, at a single glace.
  • Administrative/rules engine to keep travelers from overspending without justifications or approvals.
  • The hotel allocation is clumsy if the expense automatically feeds into the system.
  • There have been times the rate booking outside the system is slightly cheaper (like $.50 on a flight) with no explanation of why.
I can't imagine a company with multiple travelers or expense reporters not benefiting from Concur.
Nicolas Rivaton profile photo
June 07, 2017

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Be more efficient doing your expenses with Concur!"

Concur is being used by the whole organisation. Everyone is using this tool.
  • The mobile app is working well. If you scan your receipts as you pay them, the whole process is super smooth and you definitely gain some time.
  • You can start an expense on your mobile and finish it on your laptop.
  • You can have several expenses at the same time, this brings a lot of flexibility (sport incentive program, standard expense, etc.).
  • It is easy to set an expense validation chain in place, with different managers.
  • We can't use the app if we don't have an internet connection because our company requirement is to fill the City field. And this one requires to have Geoloc + internet connection enabled.
  • I've linked Concur to Uber so the expense is automatically imported. Some fields are not pre-filled whereas it should be easy to, such as the name of the company, which obviously is Uber, the date, etc.
  • The automatic bill recognition is not yet available in France, I'm eager to have this feature available!
If you travel a lot and have many tickets, Concur is really the solution, provided that each time you have a ticket, you can afford 2 minutes to take a picture of it with your phone and load it in the application. There are just a few fields to enter, and this is it. At the end of the month, you can just check from your account that everything is fine, and submit the expense to your financial department.
Read Nicolas Rivaton's full review
September 06, 2017

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Expense Management in One Place"

It allows you to book travel through it and to also request reimbursement from your company. This reimbursement can range from mileage you drive for traveling during work, or meals you may pay for while you're traveling for work. It lets you expense all your expenses in one report which makes it easy and convenient to request reimbursement from the company. In addition, having a place to book travel and request reimbursement s super convenient since it's all done in one place.
  • Travel Booking
  • Reimbursement Requests
  • Expense Reports
  • Not user-friendly
  • Unclear about when receipts are needed or not
  • Can run into errors when trying to book travel or put through expense reports frequently
It's well suited for working professionals who have to travel frequently for work and need to expense their payments they make while traveling to the company. If you keep track of expenses and receipts, it lets you request reimbursements for all those expenses during that one trip as one expense report, which makes it easier for people who travel a lot to get their money back from the company.
March 21, 2017

Concur Travel and Expense: "Early review of Concur's Travel and Expense"

We're using Concur only for the US subsidiary of our global company. Concur expense helps us with paying invoices (via capture) and for creating expense reports for our employees. We just implemented QuickBooks through Concur to bring this activity in house.
  • The expense portion is user-friendly as it allows us to capture receipts via a photo and by using the application, we can upload them directly into the expense report.
  • The travel section is streamlined and offers plenty of options to choose following our company guidelines.
  • The travel section did not allow me to add a flight to a hotel that was reserved. Not sure if this has been fixed but I had 2 different 'trips' in the system for the same travel.
For purposes of transparency of costs associated with travel, this is a good tool. I feel this helps me manage the costs. Because we use their travel integrated with JTB, we can get the best pricing for all travel needs. As our business grows, this will add more value for our company.
November 23, 2016

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "A nightmare of poor usability and lost productivity -- run away!"

Concur Travel and Expense has been deployed across my entire organization. It is used for self-service travel reservations, and for the employee to submit all expense reports for reimbursement.
  • It is relatively easy to upload scans or camera images of paper receipts for expenses.
  • Many hotel chains, car rental companies, and airlines exchange their receipts automatically with Concur -- so it is very simple for the user to indicate which of those electronic receipts should be "attached" to which expense report.
  • If you install the Uber Business profile to your phone, all your Uber expenses are also electronically imported to Concur and easy to attach without scanning.
  • Concur Travel and Expense is by far the worst expense reporting application I have used in 30 years. It is a nightmare of 1980s mainframe thinking build by people who have no clue what usability and simplicity mean.
  • It literally takes hours to book a trip using Concur, hours of lost employee productivity that the company has no idea they are losing. It is so bad, that I have to used a free web app to find the appropriate travel itinerary (Kayak, Skyscanner, Booking, etc.) and then fight to get that proper schedule into Concur.
  • I have used a wide variety of travel reservation software apps and expense reporting apps at many Fortune 100 companies since 1985. It is amazing how horrible the design of Concur's user interface is -- I don't think most average programmers could make something this bad if they tried.
I highly recommend you run away screaming from any suggestion that you put this garbage into your company. It will cost you millions in lost employee productivity and demoralize your best employees.
Craig Blankenship profile photo
December 04, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur...not for the smallest business but a go to for everyone else"

My company is using Concur Travel and Expense across the whole organization. This allows our departments to streamline expense reimbursements and billing to customers in a uniform and easy to manage way. We were able to downsize our travel and expense dedicated employees from 3 employees to 1 employee. The biggest business problem addressed and solved with Concur is the scaleability of expense reports or travel requests. Other problems that are clearly solved by Concur is integration into accounting packages, and organization and metrics of mountains of documents.
  • Concur offers the flexibility to modify and adapt your company settings to address different scenarios such as updated processes, policy changes, group configurations, adding and removing features, limiting or adding restrictions etc. This allows the company to grow and evolve and Concur Travel and Expense seems to grow alongside with the company.
  • Concur streamlines travel and expense and the two modules communicate concurrently with each other. There a features and benefits to this process such as mobile app integration, receipt and travel itinerary management which reduces expense report creation time for the employees. Also, on the administration side it reduces the approval, reimbursement, and expense report reconciliation time frame all while removing human error.
  • Concur stores and organizes hundreds or thousands of documents of information and organizes it in such a way that is easy to bill clients, produce documents for audits or run metrics on the relative health in the organization.
  • Implementation is one of the weaknesses for Concur, I have implemented it for two separate companies. The first time was relatively smooth and we were operational in a few weeks. However, the second time around it took several months to even go live and several more for me to shake down problems to make sure the system works correctly. I am very experienced managing Concur as an admin and I was able to get by but it was a big weakness.
  • Customer support is not great if you call them on the phone, Concur funnels all their requests through their online ticketing portal. They are great if you utilize the ticket system. I actually prefer this system but I have talked to many people who wish their problems could be addressed immediately with a real person on the phone versus having to put in a ticket and wait 24-72 hours or sometimes longer to get things resolved. I am busy and my problems are very technical and complicated and I do not want to devote half my afternoon to fixing a small problem.
  • Integration with accounting packages not under Concur's "ecosystem of partners" can be a challenge. If you use QuickBooks for example it is a five minute process to set up your system to securely send data to and from Concur after the approval steps with no errors. However, my company uses Procas and it is a nightmare to set up the accounting extraction from Concur which is a large data dump of all the info on secure encrypted FTP server. It takes a while to organize the data into an acceptable and error free import file to upload into the accounting software.
Concur travel and expense is not suited for small companies who do not travel much or have large and varied expenses. Concur can be a heavy lift to implement, manage, and maintain. Concur is also an expensive solution not the most expensive, but it is not justifiable unless you have a large enough company. I would recommend the product to companies who have contracts or clients that have inherently different properties or policy requirements. I would be more inclined to recommend Concur to a company who has at least one person who has had significant exposure to the platform. If not, I would consider hiring someone to help you through the process. The learning curve can be steep and having an incomplete implementation due to a significant knowledge gap can be devastating and inefficient.
Read Craig Blankenship's full review
Cathy Brum profile photo
November 21, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur is GREAT! I love it!"

Concur Travel and Expense is used by over 2000 employees of this company for travel and entertainment expenses. Our users are in the United States, Canada, Mexico and parts of Europe. We used to use paper expense reports. Concur Travel and Expense is much easier, accurate, saves time and holds our data records for future review.
  • Receipts are stored forever (so far anyway! :) ).
  • Concur Travel and Expense is easy to navigate.
  • Fields are designed to be manipulated as your needs change.
  • I don't have many complaints about Concur. One suggestion: sometimes the system is slow including slow to open attachments...again, this is only sometimes.
Concur Travel and Expense is perfect for the large company I work for. I would imagine it would just as effective for smaller companies.
Read Cathy Brum's full review
Arnold Gunraj profile photo
November 20, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Greatest T&E tool ever used"

Concur Travel and Expense is the primary expense reimbursement tool used by our company. It is very robust and eliminates paper usage, and lost receipts. It also works well for managing company credit cards if implemented and effectively maintained. With proper implementation it allows us as a company to implement and maintain effective T&E policies and compliance. It has a great reporting tool to track spend. It is easy to edit, create and automate delivery. The reporting tool cut the hours spent on just running, formatting and emailing reports to several business partners by half an employee. It also works great for tracking spend and processing accruals.
  • Manages receipts really well..with appropriate rules.
  • Reporting tool exceptionally great.
  • Approval workflow and automated follow up.
  • Tracking credit card usage and excessive spends.
  • Can't remember any, important key is proper configuration and maintaining upgrades and research.
For small to large companies, it works great. It is scalable. Mobile, no excuse for report submission, can be done on the go on any mobile device.
Read Arnold Gunraj's full review
Ruth Book profile photo
November 18, 2015

Review: "Traveling doesn't need to be painful with Concur Travel and Expense!"

Concur Travel and Expense is being used by our entire organization, including our European, South American and Asian personnel. It is used to book travel and submit expenses for reimbursement. It makes booking travel more efficient and keeping records of expenses and reports is so much easier with Concur Travel and Expense.
  • Concur is a user friendly program.
  • It can be used to submit expenses for travel in the US and countries outside the US.
  • I particularly like the fact that you can store lists of attendees for meals, etc., for reoccurring expenses.
  • Entering names of attendees for an expense can be confusing, if you don't know their title.
  • My biggest frustration was getting one of the approvers to approve the expense. I would like to see an automatic follow up function by Concur so that I didn't need to send reminders.

How easy is it to attach receipts?

What do I do when there are 100 attendees for a seminar, etc?

How quickly can I get answers or support when I have a question?

Read Ruth Book's full review
Marlene Herrera profile photo
November 24, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur Travel is very convenient for employees and employers"

Concur Travel and Expense is very useful. You can upload receipts and you can do your expenses anywhere, even if you are traveling.
  • Reminds you that you have expenses not processed.
  • Upload receipts.
  • Reminds managers to approve pending expense reports.
  • Be able to process the expense lines that are not on hold.
Read Marlene Herrera's full review
Carol Monk, CPP profile photo
March 19, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur - Just Go For It!"

We currently use Concur Travel, Request and Expense for all US and Canadian businesses. We will be rolling out Concur Expense to EMEA next month. Prior to Concur most business units were processing expense reports manually - from creation to manager review/approval, Finance review/approval to final reimbursement could take weeks. Implementing Concur Travel and Expense has not only cut the processing time way down, but has streamlined the process from beginning to end. It has also opened Headquarter Finance to a whole new world of data they never had their hand on before.

Having one system that allows every employee the same access to book travel (which automatically generates a Travel Request for approval) and process their expense reports from anywhere in the world is a major plus in this day and age. We are looking forward to rolling this out globally so we can streamline and standardize across the board. One company, one policy, one expense report product is our eventual goal and Concur helps in making that happen.

Not only does Concur have a website, they've gone mobile. Combining the Concur mobile app with ExpenseIt and TripIt (as well as others) allows for a much better travel experience for our employees and that's added value.
  • With Concur, travel and expense has gone mobile. No more waiting in between trips to book additional travel or work on expense reports.
  • Their open platform environment allows other business to partner with them easily.
  • Once you learn who your Concur team is you can eventually accomplish just about anything you need to do in and with Concur in regards to booking travel and creating expense reports.
  • While Travel Request is a good idea and Concur mobile is fantastic, the two are not working together yet. If your company requires the use of Request, it cannot be generated when booking travel in the Concur app, therefore our employees have actually had to step backwards since we implemented Request. They can no longer book airfare from the app, only from the website as that's where a Request is generated from.
  • Sales to Implementation has some major room of improvement. Unfortunately you often don't know what you truly need until you're into implementation and by then it's too late as you've already signed a contract. So be as specific as possible when asking questions, even if you think it's something minor...it may turn into something major that costs extra.
The size of the company, travel spend and what the end use need are all things to take into consideration. Smaller/simpler companies that just want a nice online expense reporting system to capture data and reimburse employees would probably just want to use Concur Expense. Larger companies looking for a "one stop shop" will want to ask every question they can possibly think of in regards to each module Concur offers before making any decisions.

Also, while Concur is pretty much tops in the US for travel and expense they are still pretty new at the game in most other companies. They are still in the learning phases, but are gaining ground. I believe they will have a lot to offer globally within 5 years.
Read Carol Monk, CPP's full review
Silvia Pineda profile photo
March 18, 2015

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur - It's a time and money saver for companies!"

This implementation was very useful for the company since before everything was very manual in regards to submitting expenses. It eliminates a lot of paperwork and time.
  • Capacity to link expenses with company credit cards
  • Eliminates about 90% of paperwork
  • Reduces time for submission
  • Faxing documents back then, but now with smart phones it is much easier.
Read Silvia Pineda's full review
Ashley Salustri profile photo
August 30, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur: The Time Saving Expense Management System"

Hexcel uses Concur to manage its T&E expenses. In our US sites, we have been using it since 2008. This year (2014), we began implementing Concur in some of our EMEA sites. So far, we have the United Kingdom and Spain up and running. France and Belgium are our next sites to add to the system. Prior to Concur, all expenses were handled via Excel spreadsheets and manual checks. Concur has allowed us to automate the process and drastically reduce the amount of time needed to process and pay an expense report. Furthermore, Concur allows us to centralize all expense processing. Now we have visibility into spend at all sites on the platform. We have increased reporting capabilities and a better sense of how employees are traveling globally.
  • One strength is the mobile platform. Concur Mobile allows you to attach receipts and complete expense reports on your smart phone. This means you can capture your receipts as you travel, not after the trip when you are left with a pile of receipts and no memory of when the corresponding expenses occurred.
  • Concur makes it easy for managers to approve. Managers can approve via mobile or via computer. They receive an email when a new report arrives.
  • Concur makes it easy to pay employees. We use Expense Pay which means Concur pays any out of pocket cash expenses directly back to the employee via direct deposit. No more manual checks!
  • The interface is not intuitive. It takes some getting used to. However, Concur is about to roll out a huge update to the user experience, which should fix this problem.
  • Concur Support is slow. Any time I submit a help desk ticket, it takes weeks to get a response. They need to improve the user support desk.
A key question to ask is can Concur meet the travel requirements of the deployment country? We initially wanted to roll out Concur to our Austrian sites. However, Austrian travel laws are so complex that the Travel Allowance tool could not be configured to conform with statutory requirements. Concur may say it can be configured for every scenario, but it cannot. Ask specific questions during the sales pitch and ask for demos of your specific needs. We did not ask the correct questions and as a result had to scrap part of the project halfway through.
Read Ashley Salustri's full review
Sean Warren profile photo
August 21, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Why no one can really compare with Concur"

Concur was used for Expense management as well as Travel at both Omniture and Adobe. It was then integrated into SAP at both locations. It was used company wide by Omniture (ticker" OMTR) who was then bought by Adobe. Adobe like most other Fortune 500 companies was using Concur / SAP and that made transition all the better for both parties. Under the guidance of the CFO was asked to evaluate T/E software. I looked at the top five that were the most well known.
  • Integration in to Anything. Concur will integrate into almost any package in the world. Making manual journal entries from outside systems a thing of the past. There are a robust set of API's that will accommodate the quick books install and easily handle the SAP / Oracle install.
  • Travel: Once your rules are in place for travel management Concur not only takes care of all the work, it will enforce the rules. If a flight is 500 dollars cheaper and it see that you still selected a flight with your preferred carrier, your superior is notified and you have to explain why. That's one feature that could pay for the install in most companies.
  • Mobile: The mobile suite of products will impress anyone. The ease of use and simplistic yet elegant design of the mobile apps assure a high adoption rate by all.
  • Workflow: Few competitors can rival Concur's rule based engine. These rules make things like SOX easy to evidence.
  • Compliance: Audits can be cheaper and cost of concur used to offset them. How? Because concur can go directly to many of the vendors and provide evidence (Receipt) with out an end user being able to manipulate it, the sample sizes chosen in an audit will be smaller. That's a small item but there are many others that are too exhaustive for this review. Summed up though, the system is closed end to end from and audit POV and that means smaller samples can be taken and that results in a cheaper audit. All of the BIG FOUR firms are extremely familiar with Concur and that makes things easier as well. Our particular partner (ENY) already had scripts that could read from concur. Again, making it faster and cheaper for the audit. This is perhaps one of the areas that are most often overlooked.
  • Finding a weakness in Concur is hard. Concur implementation could be challenging for companies with NO IT department. How many very small companies don't have the expertise to integrate into their accounting package? The likely scenario is that they are so small they would not need it.
  • Again, finding a weakness is difficult in Concur. If I could dig enough into the development, I may find a bug or two, but top to bottom the product is as strong as you will find.
Concur is suited for most companies but in particular those that are processing lots of expense reports with any amount of travel. Concur's cost may seem expensive on the surface. When combined with travel and the reduced entries and approvals with workflow into an accounting package, the costs are easily absorbed into the savings. While smaller companies can take advantage of Concur and especially the travel rules that will save them money, it is the enterprise that reaps the advantages.
Read Sean Warren's full review
Evan Trimble profile photo
August 11, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Great for End-Users, lots of room for improvement elsewhere"

We use Concur across the organization, for expense management for all departments. This includes expense submission, review, approval, and reimbursement.
  • Employee expense submission: Concur does this very well. It's generally easy for users to understand and navigate, with little training.
  • Concur-Pay: This streamlines getting employees reimbursed. On whatever cadence you like, approved employee expenses are paid via direct debit to their account. It works really well, and we've never had issues with it in the US, and are in the process of rolling it out internationally. Similar functionality for paying expenses incurred via corporate cards is also great.
  • iphone App: They did a good job with this. Being able to snap a picture of the receipt is great. In fact, the receipt functionality (for capture of receipts, and attaching to expense reports) is really good.
  • Expense Workflows: While I don't love the Admin side of this, the flexibility is there: lots of ability to customize your expense report workflows.
  • Documentation: Concur's documentation is the worst of any SaaS app I've worked with. It's not that it's sparse, but that it's poorly organized, difficult to search, and has a lot of extraneous info (e.g. documentation revision info).
  • SaaS: I'd call Concur a mostly SaaS app. It still feels like an on-prem app in lots of ways, including UI logic and layout, and the unavailability of some Admin functionality (i.e. you have to go through support)
  • Integration: They seem to be improving here, with the release of more APIs. But when we started, they sold us in part on "we integrate with NetSuite", which turned out to be a Boomi integration, which they'd never done before. For such a widely used app, I'm generally surprised at the lack of maturity in this area (their salesforce connector is another example).
  • Application ecosystem: there's very little in the way of an application ecosystem, e.g. Salesforce's AppExchange or NetSuite's SuiteApps. I suspect this is in part because Concur doesn't bundle API access with a basic subscription. Even with the Professional Enterprise edition, API access is an add-on, which from the perspective of encouraging an ecosystem of 3rd party developers to create integrated applications that extend your application is daft, to say the least.
  • Support: the support SLAs are long compared to other SaaS apps, and in my experience are frequently missed. Filing a case is more difficult, with a far too complex system of menus and sub-menus, and responses aren't always helpful--again, this is compared to other SaaS apps.
  • Professional Services: Their approach to PS is outdated. As far as we can tell, you can get a PS engagement in only two ways: 1) buy an add-on module that requires implementation, and 2) a PS subscription (?!?!). Want to sign an SOW for a best-practices review, or some config updates? Nope, not without a subscription. This has lead us to look for 3rd party consultants. Again here, their partner ecosystem seems underdeveloped.
I would look in detail at the various features Concur offers vs your requirements. I believe Concur still has the broadest feature set, and if you need what it's got, it's the way to go. But if another app meets your requirements, both current and on a 3-5 year horizon, seriously consider that app.
Read Evan Trimble's full review
Jocelyn D Williams profile photo
December 18, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "I use Concur monthly"

We use Concur in the US for all employees across all divisions. It is very useful in our expense reports.
  • It is simple to use
  • It imports directly from your credit card statement
  • It flags issues easily
  • It is sometimes confusing adding a non-company member
  • It is not intuitive on how to upload more than one document
I think that Concur works well. It's easy and has the right amount of information. No one seems to have many questions which in turn says a lot about this system.
Read Jocelyn D Williams's full review
Arushi Bhandari profile photo
August 21, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur Expense Solutions - Simplifies travel and expense reporting"

Concur is being used as an expense reporting software by most of our consulting clients. It is being used by all departments - sales, marketing, engineering, HR and accounting. It helps to resolve problems of internal controls by setting up manager and accounting level reviews at different thresholds. It also helps to reduce errors due to manual inputting of expense reports by automatic integration into the different ERP and SAAS solutions.
  • Ability to take pictures of receipts and have them attached to the expense reports.
  • Ability to integrate credit card expenses into the expense reports.
  • Internal controls set up is easy as you can set up multiple level of reviews.
  • Available in the cloud and hence it makes it easy for an individual who has different clients.
  • Automatic integration and automation with most ERP systems reduces the manual involvement and makes accounting efficient especially during month close and quarter close time.
  • All receipt images can be uploaded and attached to the expense report. Also, if there is possibility of an expense being duplicate Concur flags it during review.
  • Customer support is poor and unresponsive and mostly blames errors on their end on to accounting software.
  • Aggressive selling by sales representatives during the free 30 day trial period.
The customer support of Concur is unresponsive. I had to make repeated phone calls and create several tickets for each discovered issue. However, it offers visibility and integration to the travel expenses especially for small businesses and helps integration with the various ERP systems.
Read Arushi Bhandari's full review
Leslie Triplett, APS profile photo
August 30, 2014

Concur Travel and Expense Review: "Concur"

My whole organization uses Concur for all expense reimbursements. It helps our employees get reimbursed in a timely manner and eliminates paper reports floating around the company for approval.
  • Eliminates incorrect general ledger (GL) coding
  • Reminds managers about reports to approve
  • Timely payment to employees
  • There seems to be constant problems with slow response times
I haven't found any.
Read Leslie Triplett, APS's full review

About Concur Travel and Expense

Concur Travel and Expense captures business spending wherever and whenever it happens. With Concur, users can connect the different pieces and partners of their expense ecosystem - integrating travel spend, ERP, accounting and card data in to a single, cloud-based and mobile system that manages the entire expense process from spend requests to reconciliation. The solution provides complete visibility into the user’s total spend and the transparency to see every detail of each transaction.