Reviews (1-25 of 79)
- Provides unlimited online free training and resources.
- Quarterly updates to enhance the product.
- There are separate development, testing, and production environments which is standard. However, you must rebuild everything from scratch in Production once you have it the way you would like to see it in staging. This includes custom links and pages.
- Most support that requires a technical team comes with a cost!
On the other hand, after that time frame passed I no longer had the direct line of communication. I had to either sign up for an available office hour or open a ticket. They resolved my issue, just not as fast.
Transforms your candidate experience...but more development is needed to support volume / seasonal recruiters.
- Our application process has now gone from an average of 30 minutes to just 5 minutes. As a result, we've seen a 100% increase in candidate numbers which, for a volume seasonal recruitment drive, is fantastic.
- The entire candidate experience has been transformed and really puts the candidate in charge.
- The onboarding process has made a big impact. We've replaced so many outdated processes ( involving printing/scanning/physically signing, etc.) with processes that keep everything online, making it so much easier for the candidates and quicker for the recruiters and HR teams.
- It's an off the shelf package, so while you can add in custom fields (a big plus), it's very rigid in terms of how it is designed to be used. Not every company works in the same way, and I've found that a lot of the recruitment functionality is more suited to high level or blue chip hires, rather than seasonal or bulk hires.
- Specific issues we are having revolve around the references functionality. We ended up having to develop something in-house, as the system doesn't let you verify referee details o relationships prior to triggering the reference request. In addition, the form for capturing referee details only requests a name and email address. As a company working with children and young adults, we need to ensure the references we obtain are professional and tie in with a person's work history.
- The self-scheduling of interviews is a great feature, but it could be so much better. It's impossible to see what slots you have offered to someone, and it's also impossible to see what slots each recruiter has free. As such, you end up inviting people to book in an interview...only for them to discover that all the slots are already filled.
- Notifications. Generally, this is poor in Cornerstone. If, for example, a candidate requests alternative interview dates, there is no notification that goes to the recruiter or person who initially created the invite. Likewise, if you use the email functionality within Cornerstone (which we'd like to do, as this helps to maintain a full history) when a candidate replies to the email there is no easy way of knowing they have replied unless recruiters go into the user's profile. As a high volume recruiter, this just isn't workable.
- There are a number of other areas in the system that are 'OK' but with some development could be great. They include: Offer Letters, Editing/Deleting Data (if you want to update a field on an application form or delete a document you've uploaded...you need to put in a service request with Cornerstone), Reporting, and the overall 'bigger picture/ view' of a candidate and their application/work history.
However, if you are looking to transform your internal processes and introduce efficiencies to existing practices, Cornerstone may not fully deliver. We are finding that often we are taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. As stated previously, most functionality is good, but with some more flexibility and investment/development for seasonal/bulk 'entry level' recruitment it could be a really great product, and I've no doubt that it would help you to realize the savings you are seeking.
- Updates and new releases - Cornerstone OnDemand is top notch when it comes to improving their product.
- Exceptional community, the user groups, and community are engaged, aware, and insightful - network opportunities abound.
- The integration with LinkedIn Learning alone makes this one of the most instant and rich learning experiences on the market. It will only improve as Cornerstone OnDemand begins producing their own content as well.
- Product support - although ticketing is a challenge, there is a lot of change occurring in that sphere. It has improved a lot over the course of the past year, and I look forward to what the end result will be.
- The software itself is a millennial, and has the same sort of quirks but it gets the job done.
- As an admin, learning the language areas and understanding the nuance of terms has been a challenge. I am consistently reminding my stakeholders that the term they are using refers to a different area of the system which causes confusion. This has more to do with CornerStone OnDemand being around for so long, meaning there's been plenty of time for some things to be named similar enough to confuse things.
- Cornerstone's support structure is top notch. Whenever an issue comes up, there are multiple resources available to find the most appropriate solution.
- Cornerstone actively updates their different modules to make sure their programs are up-to-date on the industries latest trends and functionalities.
- Cornerstone's new analytics capabilities increase my companies ability to track KPIs and metrics. Information is the key to making informed decisions, and they provide those resources with a simple click of a button.
- The input of training records could definitely be improved. They have been working hard to update this process, but still could have some work done.
- Their succession module is functional but not as seamless as the rest of the modules.
- Create their own HRIS system so that companies don't have to have additional expenses with the integration with the various 3rd parties.
- Reporting: they are continually working to improve report creation and usage from an administrator aspect as well as end-user aspect
- Customization and Security: you can divide users up to receive different Welcome Page views and narrow down who can access specific content and areas of the system
- Integrations with other software.
- Globalization: it's easy to manage the system when your workforce consists of users who speak multiple languages.
- Support for Administrators: the level of product support is not where it should be when it comes to answering hard questions/resolving reported defects (but they are actively working to improve on this).
- Bulk updates to catalog: some features that you may want to apply to all content are not able to be bulk updated, which means you have to open and "edit" each training item individually to make edits one by one. Or you can, of course, open a billable work order.
- Restricting access to Admins: it seems as though Cornerstone sometimes wants to keep certain things restricted so that they can force you to open a billable work order (i.e. reversing transcript status when errors are made).
My one critique: They often release new features as BETA or "Early Adopter" to give admins a chance to implement, test, and provide feedback. It's great that CSOD wants to get new features out to market, but sometimes they are slow to implement updates based on feedback, which makes these exciting new features less than usable for some periods of time. I do believe they really try, and obviously this feedback varies on the complexity of the new feature. At the same time, there are many enhancements and upgrades that are needed in certain areas of the system that they are slow to work on (i.e. their Test UI and UX from both the admin and end-user perspectives) -- improvements that are constantly brought up in the user community, but which CSOD has decided to not prioritize. It can make the users of those features feel like they have been put on the back burner, as there isn't a lot of transparency as to why certain priorities are placed above others (improving existing functions versus implementing brand new features), but that is how new business is attracted I guess, by providing shiny new features that you can sell to the new people.
Their user community is great for asking questions that don't need immediate responses, and for providing feedback on new features. Implementation with them is also a breeze.
Learning: currently many of our live professional development classes and required compliance classes are set-up, ran, and recorded on performance. This solves our business need of having a centralized location to track and manage work-related training. Currently, our issue is content. We tried to work with LinkedIn Learning, but had trouble setting it up with Cornerstone - specifically with single sign-on.
Performance: currently we have an annual performance review. We would like to see if there are capabilities within the performance to incorporate 360 reviews—more specifically peer reviews or possibly client reviews. We would also like to see if there is a possibility for the system to support more frequent feedback and meetings. Maybe conversations?
- I like the look and feel of the carousels. Learner home is great, but again, for our organization, we need more content for it to be effective.
- Performance is very robust. Building tasks has many components and allows us the flexibility to have detailed reviews.
- Signing up for training especially with single sign on and deep links is great!
- Reminder emails are very helpful, especially during performance.
- Build in the ability for more frequent and consistent feedback in performance (maybe conversation?)
- More ability to edit tasks and make changes to specific reviews on the fly.
- More customized integrations with other vendors (specifically UltiPro)
- Cornerstone realizes that every company has a unique use case and provides multiple solutions.
- The sleek and clean user interface makes it easy for employees to navigate and engage.
- The ability to dynamically assign users to groups, training, performance reviews and other tasks as reduced a lot of administrative hassles.
- Because Cornerstone offers so many solutions, it can be confusing down in the weeds of security roles and permissions.
- Global Product Support while improving is slow to connect when a ticket is opened and sometime feel like you’re going in circles to try to get an answer.
- The admin side of things can be cumbersome and is not always intuitive.
Previously, our company had not standardized a system to deliver and track training. Now with Cornerstone, we are able to automate the delivery of training based on a number of factors. We can push training to new employees when employees switch job titles or departments or assign training as needed. Using this system we have been able to deliver training more efficiently and it has allowed us to align training across our business and gives our management real-time ability to track employee training.
We have been able to roll-out company-wide training on updates to critical business processes is less than a week. Before Cornerstone, it would have taken us over a month to deliver this training and used valuable time and resources. Each company-wide training delivered through Cornerstone has a cost savings of approximately $35,000.
The complexity of this LMS does require considerable time to configure and learn, it has the power to solve virtually any training need. It is well worth the investment.
- Cornerstone is designed to easily upload and deliver eLearning courses that are designed and constructed with content authoring software.
- The complexity of the system allows administrators to construct training delivery solutions to meet almost any need.
- Cornerstone offers a wide-variety of resources for administrators to troubleshoot, get expert advice, and access to professional learning communities.
- Their Global Product Support can be very slow and unresponsive, however, they have taken measures to improve their customer services and we have seen some improvements.
- The complexity of the security permissions can be overwhelming, better out of the box roles would be more helpful.
- The training content available for Cornerstone administrators is not very up-to-date. Sometimes the videos or screenshots are a few years old.
- Reporting is easy and intuitive- the new Reporting 2.0 allows you to drag and drop fields and instantly see the results.
- It is very easy to create and manage learning assignments
- You have the ability to create custom web pages so that you can bring in custom content and personalize your user experience.
- Some tasks such as data entry or system settings can be manual and labor intensive. If you have 50 training sessions that need to be modified -- there isn't a mass way to make edits.
- Loading in historical training data can be a pain. The Data Load Wizard isn't user friendly and requires a lot of trial and error.
- The survey functionality needs to be improved. Admins should be able to generate surveys on the fly ( like SurveyMonkey.)
Cornerstone is less appropriate with organizations that want to promote a more "free" learning experience. The process of requesting a training and being directed to another screen to launch it isn't very user friendly. I would like to see the ability to browse through training with a you-tube like experience in mind. There are likely some overall settings that can make this a reality, but if you plan to house compliance training in the same LMS this could be difficult to manage.
- Their quarterly releases - It helps to attend the webinars, office hours, release recaps and future releases. This is their main strength and why I want to be a Cornerstone OnDemand expert!
- Their scheduled maintenance - They often remind us when they are going to do updates. We have not had any hiccups.
- Their ease of security roles. For example, in order to change permissions for one user, we have to take them out of the group and then add them back in with more credentials.
- Easier way to integrate e-authoring tools within Cornerstone instead of importing them. In other words, this makes it easier for troubleshooting.
- Constant improvements and updates with abundant resources for self-learning.
- Strong user community for seeking advice, support, or solutions from other companies with similar use cases.
- Attractive platform design with improved user experiences.
- Create a deeplink or email tag for all levels of evaluations. Employees will not click more than 1-2 times to evaluate a course.
- Build free virtual ILT options with in-person ILT events/sessions
- Create "Copy" feature of Custom Emails and leave expanded view for Email Types after saving an email.
- The platform itself has every "bell and whistle" you could possibly want. They seem to have a solution for every need outside of what might be ordinary. I feel they do a great job of asking for input from their clients and are continuously striving to improve and meet their customers' needs.
- The regional user groups that are offered are an added bonus, allowing you to establish a community of other Cornerstone users in your area. These meetings also provide a nice explanation and Q & A opportunity regarding upcoming changes that are being made to the system.
- I don't think that the estimated time for getting the system up and running is realistic. I know I am not the only one whose implementation took a lot longer than what was projected. While it's nice to be told that it will only take 8 weeks, when it ends up taking much longer, it's a bad first impression. I'm not saying that the extra time is necessary because of Cornerstone, but I'm sure that a more realistic estimate could be given or even a response that is not definite and reflects the fact that it takes a different amount of time depending upon each case.
- The huge library of online content is nice, but also overwhelming. It would be nice to have some really basic curricula developed and assigned to new users so they complete some of them before implementation even begins. The learning curve is pretty steep and the general road map of what to learn first could be clearer.
- I think that the person involved with the implementation process needs to know more about the company and how things are run. From my experience, if I had a day to talk through our company structure, our current trainings, and where we are hoping to go, I think I would have had a better experience during implementation. I never really felt like my person completely understood our structure, our obstacles, and our vision.
- Deploy eLearning courses and videos.
- Manage our Performance Cycles.
- Succession/Talent Assessments.
- Continues to update/develop new features.
- Provides access to training resources including regional user groups.
- Easy to configure pages/tasks to meet your needs.
- Not all features are fully baked.
- Ticket process with their support team is time consuming.
- Difficult to get your enhancements implemented.
- Deploying learning across your organization.
- Managing a Performance Review process.
- Capturing Succession data from Supervisors.
- Learning Management is their strong suit and where they started. It is robust and addresses many of our needs as it can be customized in some ways to fit the business.
- The recruiting platform really hits many of the check boxes for what a company needs to have a fully automated process. It time stamps and tracks all the metrics needed to understand how well the recruiting effort is doing.
- Cornerstone is constantly updating their modules to better serve their customers. This has been seen in the Learning and recruiting modules.
- Pricing! When we first contracted with Cornerstone OnDemand, their pricing was very competitive and implementation was extremely fair. However, now they have implementation fees that can raise the cost to a ludicrous level and that takes away from their good product.
- Turnover: We have had several "Client Success Managers" over the short time we have had Cornerstone OnDemand as well as three Sales Reps.
- The performance system is not very modern. Difficult to create and track development plans and reviews. The idea of always having to create a task is inconvenient and archaic in my opinion. They could make the processes much easier.
- Succession Planning needs a lot of work!
- Easy to use interface as the UX design is very friendly and easy for employees to navigate.
- Easy to integrate into the current system as we didn't have to make any major changes to our existing HR system.
- Easy to manage the employee learning process.
- The customer support system needs improvement in terms of getting back quickly to queries.
- More training modules need to be provided to the system administrator so it knows how to manage and implement and make changes in the system.
- Cornerstone OnDemand needs to bring more changes annually so the system is updated according to the current needs.
- Learning: The learning assignment tool does a great job at both one off assignments and dynamic assignments that can be based on different Organization Units.
- System: The system is very customizable which is great for allowing it to fit within your organization. It does make it a more complex system to manage that something that is out of the box but if your organization is complex, this is definitely a pro. You can assign custom fields in most places in the system too.
- System: Security is robust and allows for many different permissions that can be assigned to groups then people can be added to groups either as a person or by an organization unit or by custom fields.
- Learning: It handles instructor led training very well which is something many other LMS's do not do at all. In our organization we have many of these every year that we need to track for CPE (Continuing Professional Education) purposes.
- System: Web service (API) or FTP interfaces are available for automating the data flow in and out of Cornerstone.
- System: Custom Reporting works very well and allows a report writer to create and share reports to users as needed. I use the custom reports 100% over the standard reports to get exactly what I need to the correct users.
- System: Customizable emails can be configured at the system level as well as at the learning object level or performance task level as needed. It is recommend for easy of administration to utilize the system level as much as possible for any types of future changes (such as logo or wording changes needed).
- Performance: Performance tasks are very configurable to go out to who you need them do and shut down on a schedule.
- Performance: The ability to bring in last years goals so you can rate them as well as a next year goal planning is a great feature.
- System: Online help is very robust and very thorough.
- Releases: Quarterly releases are very well managed with many details in the release notes and full cycle to complete testing in a Stage system.
- Performance: I would be great if the system would prevent launching an ad-hoc review to yourself. This is the number one support request we have to address, deleting these erroneous reviews.
- System: In many places, the system could really use the ability to mass edit. For example, you have 25 sessions to adjust a field on, it would be nice to mark each checkbox and then edit in mass. There are lots of administrative pieces that are very click intensive.
- System: Their community resources need a much better boolean search system. It currently doesn't support using quotes to search phrases or dates to eliminate posts from 2010 which are just no longer relevant. The applies to their Idea forum, without the more complex searches we end up with 50 ideas on the same suggestion instead of 1 idea with all the votes for it tallied on the same suggestion.
- Performance: If you have custom emails at the performance task level and the task is still active, you cannot edit the email at all. This is especially troublesome on the task for ad-hoc reviews which is ongoing.
- System: The biggest overall issue I have is with their support ticket system. It can take 30 days to get a response to tickets. They are trying to fix this but so far this is my biggest problem.
- Single admin console with granular control over user access and reporting. They continue to keep the admin in mind when rolling out new features. Giving us additional tools and improvements to more easily manage a large organization of learners.
- A complete solution. Cornerstone OnDemand is a human performance management solution. This includes: compensation, on-boarding, performance reviews, succession, training, and social interaction. All of the areas of the product are cohesively tied to one another for convenience and powerful cross-feature functionality. It has been developed organically from the ground up, so everything works together for a competent experience.
- Increasing support for mobile learning. Our field is relying on mobile devices to stay connected. Cornerstone OnDemand continues to improve their support for mobile through web browser support and mobile apps.
- Global Product Support. Their support team can be slow to respond and resolve issues. They are constantly blaming it on growing pains. However, that cannot be an excuse. Every company wants to grow bigger and they need to adjust their support model to accommodate it.
- Multimedia support. Cornerstone OnDemand does support video learning and embedding videos on custom pages, however, they just rolled this out to everyone and it has some catching up to do. Competitors have supported this feature for quite some time and are ahead of the curve on it.
We recognised the need to implement an online recruitment tool to standardise the recruitment process through one simple, central system.
This online tool also had to facilitate the introduction of assessments for external recruitment and to accommodate the different requirements within LuxairGroup, properly educating managers to be responsible for their own recruitment and to execute all requests and approvals online.
We also wished to find a recruitment solution which could offer the scope and possibility to develop beyond recruitment and towards a more business strategic talent acquisition.
Cornerstone offered us the best opportunity to use the same provider for their entire workforce and for every stage in the employee lifecycle. Having already used Cornerstone for training, LuxairGroup understood the benefits of the technology.
Close cooperation between Cornerstone and LuxairGroup helped to configure the system efficiently. Whenever LuxairGroup faced any particular difficulties, Cornerstone provided assistance by organising a workshop to demonstrate how to address and overcome them.
- Professionalised recruitment. Every aspect of recruitment is now centralised, aligning and standardising recruitment processes across every individual role. LuxairGroup has also done away with laborious paper hiring requests and approvals.
- Automatised processes. LuxairGroup has compiled the data for 300 different job descriptions to provide hiring templates for managers and configure automatic emails to improve the overall communication. An SAP interface has enabled the HR database to be automatically updated when a candidate accepts an offer, greatly reducing administration and improving data accuracy.
- Changed company behaviours. LuxairGroup has succeeded in educating managers how to use this new recruitment tool, changing their behaviour. Managers no longer have to seek physical signatures for approval and make all hiring requests online rather than at weekly meetings.
- Improved employer branding. Three job profile videos have been shared and watched all around the world and at job fairs, potential employees are willing to wait for hours to meet a LuxairGroup representative. The company has even been nominated for an award for the most attractive employer in Luxembourg.
- Moved beyond recruitment. This new system has helped LuxairGroup to evolve beyond recruitment towards talent acquisition, moving into a more strategic business position. LuxairGroup is now implementing Cornerstone solutions throughout its talent management cycle.
- Too complex on the administration side, it should be more user-friendly for administrators. It's more focused on end users.
- An improvment of the GPS teams and their support on "cases" would be very usefull as this is time consuming.
LuxairGroup has successfully simplified and slimmed down all HR administration, with faster approvals and immediate launch of new jobs. Pre-screening was previously the most time-consuming part of recruitment but has now been reduced by a third, enabling onboarding to be completed on time and helping the business achieve its KPIs.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is a comprehensive learning management system.
- Customer service is particularly good.
- The LMS home page is easily customized to reflect the culture of the organization.
- Transition from a previous product can be challenging so Cornerstone OnDemand provides an excellent transition team.
- The product provides many unique and useful features that are available for a cost. Having access to those features in the beginning would be helpful to determine whether the feature would be useful for a new client.
- Some customer service managers were former customers, providing a resource that understands the admin struggle.
- A suite of modules to chose from to support organizational needs.
- Answers found in many locations, though need to invest some time in getting it. GPS hotline, e-community, weekly open forums, written texts.
- You pretty much need one resource dedicated to the tool to get the most effective use of the tool.
- Some fonts are so small, users miss the click. User interface can be improved.
- Administration of the tool can be daunting as you mostly learn by trial and error.
- Reporting structures.
- Active tasks in the system are established based on current org structure. When you cross over fiscal years, this results in managers having new employees performance documents and assignments that should be aligned to the previous reporting manager.
- You can lose historical reference and complicate task completion.
- CSOD provides an intuitive user interface which aids in its adoption by our varied audiences.
- CSOD provides phenomenal administrator support in the form of both functionality and advice in the area of learning technology and talent development.
- CSOD provides class leading reporting capability with new features added on a quarterly basis.
- The loading of historical data during implementation could've gone smoother. I would recommend other customers lean on the out of the box upload tools and not on CSOD's implementation consultants when migrating historical data.
- While CSOD's certification module is powerful, the interface can be a bit cumbersome (click heavy) for end users.
- While CSOD offers several avenues for customer support, learning how to escalate pressing issues in an effective manner requires a learning curve on the part of the customer. I would recommend eliciting the advice of other customers.
- Cornerstone allowed us to create a custom Welcome Page, where we could bring in our branding, images and icons. This allowed us to have the same look and feel as other business applications.
- The curriculum player functionality is very smooth. The % complete display helps users track their progress for a curriculum assignment - instead of just check marks for each module/course completed.
- The in-tool reporting functionality provides us with current data, when it's needed. We previously had our learning data stored in a data warehouse, which refreshed nightly. We currently refresh in Cornerstone OnDemand every 6 hours, which allows us to report on items that happened earlier in the day.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is highly configurable. As the system administrator, having the ability to drag and drop fields to change the dynamic of certain pages was so easy to use.
- The feature converting email notifications to HTML automatically is perfect for someone who is not an HTML expert. You type it and they convert it. Very nice!
- We would like the ability to change due dates right on the user's transcript for overdue training. We can change to a future date, but we can not add a date that is in the past. We need to go through the proxy enrollment steps, which takes longer.
- It would be nice if Dynamic Proxys were editable. If we want to change a one-time training to a recurring training, a whole new proxy needs to be created.
- We would like more options for the fields that are displayed in the org chart and user profile - currently we can select only between Division and Position.
Our high-level goals are 1) Increase employee engagement and retention through training 2) Standardize compliance training (safety, HR, etc.) across the organization and 3) Improve communication of key initiatives to our entire employee population.
- The product is always evolving, and I think that Cornerstone generally does a good job of listening to their customers to develop their product roadmap.
- The system is very customizable and can be adapted to cater to multiple audiences simultaneously.
- The system has very good language capabilities for global organizations.
- The course catalog is very robust and accounts for just about any type of training you can think of.
- Their customer community (Cornerstone Success Center) is a great resource for collaboration and troubleshooting.
- Their technical support is lacking. We often wait days for a response and end up having to figure things out through independent testing or collaboration with other users.
- Back-end administration is not very user friendly. It takes time to learn the nuances and quirks of being a system administrator.
- There is not a good way to report on or audit security roles.
- Setting up and tracking Instructor Led Training is very cumbersome and needs an upgrade.
- Certifications are terrible. Hard to understand, hard to setup, and hard to use as a learner.
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cornerstone OnDemand
One unified cloud platform to recruit, train, and manage people
Cornerstone is a recognized global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. The Cornerstone Talent Management Suite includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including applicant tracking, employee onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, learning experience platform (LXP), and learning content)
- Cornerstone Performance (including performance management, succession planning, compensation planning, and employee engagement )
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics and benchmarking)
According to the vendor, Cornerstone’s HCM platform is successfully used by more than 3,500 global clients of all sizes, spanning over 40 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Video
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||43 languages|