- User friendly
- Straightforward interface
- Easy to learn as an admin
- Support. We have one or two go to Cornerstone employees who really know their stuff. We often feel disturbed by the phone support making us feel as if we're being rushed off the phone. Often times we're given vague answers with our own problems given back to us as a solution.
- Features. There are a lot of painfully obvious features that should be available in a database system. The option to mass update files or records will either take you weeks of manpower or them a few days of "paid maintenance". Some features that should be easily doable aren't even there, such as mass updating a field or removing training.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is a comprehensive learning management system.
- Customer service is particularly good.
- The LMS home page is easily customized to reflect the culture of the organization.
- Transition from a previous product can be challenging so Cornerstone OnDemand provides an excellent transition team.
- The product provides many unique and useful features that are available for a cost. Having access to those features in the beginning would be helpful to determine whether the feature would be useful for a new client.
In the Performance module, we currently use goals and performance reviews. Both of these processes were done on paper before we switched to Cornerstone.
- From a user perspective, it is mostly user friendly.
- Our current Client Success Manager (which is our second) is very helpful and knowledgeable.
- They provide lots of training opportunities through their Client Support website.
- Their Certification Module is underdeveloped and hard to use. The user interface is different from the rest of the LMS and it is hard to report out of without external modifications.
- Technical support is very inconsistent. We had some special requirements which required technical support and they literally took months to complete and were very expensive. Most of their support is overseas.
- They use third party vendors for most of their implementation and support. This causes a lot of issues because they are often not knowledgeable of the product. They also seem to be overbooked and also pressure you to end implementation as soon as possible even if you are not ready to go live. We were told they are incentivized by Cornerstone to get customers through the implementation process as quickly as possible.
- The overall reporting functionality is lacking. We actually had to purchase access to the data warehouse so we could create our own custom reports and dashboards outside of Cornerstone.
- Their Support Center is difficult to work with. Response time is slow, especially compared to other vendors we use. They also have given us incorrect or incomplete information at times.
Cornerstone OnDemand Review: "Success Experience Using CSOD for Performance and Succession Planning"
- The system interface is intuitive and flexible; so users can be proficient in the system without any training and the system can adapt to the necessary requirements very well.
- This is a "true" cloud solution, dependable and easy to manage by the system administrators that don't need to be technical personnel from IT/IS. CSOD has grown over the years as an organic system that is fully integrated and consistent across the different modules.
- Customer support and on-going account management is excellent, they help you by keeping your processes up to date and following best practices.
- Finally, the CSOD team is very visionary and is always bringing useful and practical innovations to their systems and services.
- CSOD should continue growing on areas related to Talent Management (entire cycle from acquisition to development), since there are significant synergies to that can be realized by their customers.
Cornerstone OnDemand Review: "A Trusted Advisor in Talent Development Thought Leadership (with good software to boot)"
- CSOD provides an intuitive user interface which aids in its adoption by our varied audiences.
- CSOD provides phenomenal administrator support in the form of both functionality and advice in the area of learning technology and talent development.
- CSOD provides class leading reporting capability with new features added on a quarterly basis.
- The loading of historical data during implementation could've gone smoother. I would recommend other customers lean on the out of the box upload tools and not on CSOD's implementation consultants when migrating historical data.
- While CSOD's certification module is powerful, the interface can be a bit cumbersome (click heavy) for end users.
- While CSOD offers several avenues for customer support, learning how to escalate pressing issues in an effective manner requires a learning curve on the part of the customer. I would recommend eliciting the advice of other customers.
- I think the best thing they have is technical support, which is really great. They provide fast responses, exact solutions and are available in multiple countries.
- Also quarterly releases are great at introducing new features, enhancements and those pesky bug fixes.
- There UI is also one of the strong points, it is a totally different user experience and I appreciate that Cornerstone is upgrading it.
- The product itself is great. Configurable but not customisable, which is the expectation of all Saas products.
- Sometimes business processes cannot be replicated in the system so you need to be willing to accept workarounds whenever that is the case. The system is flexible so long as you and your management team are open to it too.
- Few changes need to be done in the application as many things are not possible to implement from the front end.
Cornerstone OnDemand Review: "Cornerstone On Demand Stands on its Own in the Learning Management Space"
- Cornerstone Learning is very powerful and flexible. I have now administered 2 other Learning Management Systems for my organization and Cornerstone is by far the easiest to manage. I haven't run into a learning challenge that I couldn't solve with the Cornerstone Learning system and this system is more intuitive and easy to administer than previous systems. I found myself doing a lot of the work for others in previous systems, however, this system has the capability to easily distribute permissions and roles to Learning Partners throughout the organization to free my time up for more development and testing of new functions for the training organization.
- Cornerstone Reporting is very easy to use and provides the ability for me to create reporting and share out to various Managers and Departments within the organization and has the flexibility to constrain permissions, so that only various areas see what they need to see. This has been a huge time saver in our organization.
- Cornerstone has excellent online and inline help which is great when training additional administrators throughout the system. I believe that Cornerstone sets the standard in this area and is truly a Learning organization. You can click Help from any page you are on in Cornerstone and helpful how to videos and documentation immediately pops up to explain how to use that function. It is truly an invaluable resource.
- I don't really have any complaints with this system. I always would like customer support to be more responsive and better, but this is likely due to my personal standard. Cornerstone does have better customer support than I have been used to with previous vendors.
- Cornerstone is currently transitioning from their legacy to mobile platform and we have recently implemented, so we are having to wait on new build out and design for these mobile enhancements. Of course, as a client, I would like this tomorrow, but have been very pleased with the design and work.
- We are integrated with the Workday HRIS and the integration between Workday and Cornerstone is a standard integration. It would be nice if this integration was more flexible, however, we did buy Cornerstone Web Services which allows us to create our own API integrations between the two systems to get data that may not have been included in the standard integration.
- Single admin console with granular control over user access and reporting. They continue to keep the admin in mind when rolling out new features. Giving us additional tools and improvements to more easily manage a large organization of learners.
- A complete solution. Cornerstone OnDemand is a human performance management solution. This includes: compensation, on-boarding, performance reviews, succession, training, and social interaction. All of the areas of the product are cohesively tied to one another for convenience and powerful cross-feature functionality. It has been developed organically from the ground up, so everything works together for a competent experience.
- Increasing support for mobile learning. Our field is relying on mobile devices to stay connected. Cornerstone OnDemand continues to improve their support for mobile through web browser support and mobile apps.
- Global Product Support. Their support team can be slow to respond and resolve issues. They are constantly blaming it on growing pains. However, that cannot be an excuse. Every company wants to grow bigger and they need to adjust their support model to accommodate it.
- Multimedia support. Cornerstone OnDemand does support video learning and embedding videos on custom pages, however, they just rolled this out to everyone and it has some catching up to do. Competitors have supported this feature for quite some time and are ahead of the curve on it.
Our entire organization is using Cornerstone OnDemand. We mainly use it for learning but once a year we are also using it for performance and compensation.
Our goals were to streamline learning, match it to the company strategic plans, manage and maintain job-related learning plans for new employees, keep employees responsible for their learning and professional growth and track employees' development.
- Provide excellent ongoing support. Follow up with us on a quarterly basis, to check how are we doing and how the system is meeting our strategic goals.
- Although we are a small organization, all Cornerstone OnDemand employees who served us provided us with a very high level of support and understanding.
- They improve their system on a quarterly basis, and many enchantments are client (requests) driven.
- Many of the on call-center help support employees are very experienced and knowledgeable but some of them would benefit from additional training.
Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) is used in our organization for learning, performance and succession management. It's used in the majority of our entities to support performance or learning processes.
CSOD has been used for more than 5 years and it helps us on a daily basis to make our employee very happy.
- User interface very easy and clear for end-users
- Ability to provide new enhancements on a regular basis
- Ability to support us
- In the beginning, enhancements arrive too quickly without a lot of support but for 2 years CSOD has improved a lot and now they are able to help us and other companies through the user guide, clear release notes, communities, etc.
- Support must be more individualized.
- Succession management must improve but this year, a lot of enhancements will be delivered.
CSOD is well suited for an organization that wants to be first on innovation and new market trends and that are able to deploy or to change the process.
CSOD is less appropriate for an organization that doesn't want a lot of change management and that will want too many customized solutions.
We recognised the need to implement an online recruitment tool to standardise the recruitment process through one simple, central system.
This online tool also had to facilitate the introduction of assessments for external recruitment and to accommodate the different requirements within LuxairGroup, properly educating managers to be responsible for their own recruitment and to execute all requests and approvals online.
We also wished to find a recruitment solution which could offer the scope and possibility to develop beyond recruitment and towards a more business strategic talent acquisition.
Cornerstone offered us the best opportunity to use the same provider for their entire workforce and for every stage in the employee lifecycle. Having already used Cornerstone for training, LuxairGroup understood the benefits of the technology.
Close cooperation between Cornerstone and LuxairGroup helped to configure the system efficiently. Whenever LuxairGroup faced any particular difficulties, Cornerstone provided assistance by organising a workshop to demonstrate how to address and overcome them.
- Professionalised recruitment. Every aspect of recruitment is now centralised, aligning and standardising recruitment processes across every individual role. LuxairGroup has also done away with laborious paper hiring requests and approvals.
- Automatised processes. LuxairGroup has compiled the data for 300 different job descriptions to provide hiring templates for managers and configure automatic emails to improve the overall communication. An SAP interface has enabled the HR database to be automatically updated when a candidate accepts an offer, greatly reducing administration and improving data accuracy.
- Changed company behaviours. LuxairGroup has succeeded in educating managers how to use this new recruitment tool, changing their behaviour. Managers no longer have to seek physical signatures for approval and make all hiring requests online rather than at weekly meetings.
- Improved employer branding. Three job profile videos have been shared and watched all around the world and at job fairs, potential employees are willing to wait for hours to meet a LuxairGroup representative. The company has even been nominated for an award for the most attractive employer in Luxembourg.
- Moved beyond recruitment. This new system has helped LuxairGroup to evolve beyond recruitment towards talent acquisition, moving into a more strategic business position. LuxairGroup is now implementing Cornerstone solutions throughout its talent management cycle.
- Too complex on the administration side, it should be more user-friendly for administrators. It's more focused on end users.
LuxairGroup has successfully simplified and slimmed down all HR administration, with faster approvals and immediate launch of new jobs. Pre-screening was previously the most time-consuming part of recruitment but has now been reduced by a third, enabling onboarding to be completed on time and helping the business achieve its KPIs.
Cornerstone OnDemand Review: "A StrongTalent System That Is Intuitive For Users And Easy For Administrators"
- Intuitive administrative interface, allowing me to configure most of what I need on my own and not requiring vendor assistance.
- Multiple support options available. When I need help, there are plenty of resources: inline help, online learnings, communities, customer support center managed through tickets or phone calls, etc.
- Consistent UI and UX for end users across all modules. It does not feel like each module was purchased and cobbled together with others, which is how some other vendors' product suites feel.
- Reporting has some limitations, both regarding the standard reports and custom reports. Not enough standard reports or options to modify them and custom reports creation is reasonably robust, however not all data (fields) captured in the system is available to use.
- The system provides the ability to request and provide ongoing feedback, however it is limited in how it can be configured.
- A company-wide 9-box review process can be achieved, however limitations on numbers of people and workflow configuration made the process for us a bit difficult.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is very robust and has a lot of room as the firm grows. This is a big plus if you are starting out and want to add features as you develop your training program.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is a cloud-based, hosted system. This means updates are implemented in the background, no server administration, up-time is excellent, and everything is secure and backed up. In addition, Cornerstone provides two mirror sites where you can test updates and other concepts you would like to implement without affecting users.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is a total HRD/HRM package with several different modules. For large organizations who have a lot of HR needs, Cornerstone offers all the support you need. The modules are designed to work seamlessly and share data according to the needs of the organization.
- Cornerstone OnDemand has a very strong security system. Security parameters can be set on people and objects. This allows a lot of strength and flexibility.
- Cornerstone OnDemand is a bit difficult to navigate for new users and infrequent users. Most of the people who need to access our LMS do so only occasionally: once a month or so. There are a lot of clicks involved in getting to the training modules they want to consume.
- Cornerstone OnDemand's reporting capabilities are fairly broad, but rather difficult to run. It takes a lot of effort to get the most necessary reports for our team. Some reports we need are not needed regularly, so creating reports on the fly is important. Cornerstone OnDemand could improve that portion.
- Cornerstone OnDemand doesn't provide enough flexibility on graphic design. They do have templates, but the templates are not easy to implement and require an outside vendor to put in place. This is a cost we don't have room for, despite the desire to make the experience more interesting and comfortable for our users.
- Some customer service managers were former customers, providing a resource that understands the admin struggle.
- A suite of modules to chose from to support organizational needs.
- Answers found in many locations, though need to invest some time in getting it. GPS hotline, e-community, weekly open forums, written texts.
- You pretty much need one resource dedicated to the tool to get the most effective use of the tool.
- Some fonts are so small, users miss the click. User interface can be improved.
- Administration of the tool can be daunting as you mostly learn by trial and error.
- Reporting structures.
- Active tasks in the system are established based on current org structure. When you cross over fiscal years, this results in managers having new employees performance documents and assignments that should be aligned to the previous reporting manager.
- You can lose historical reference and complicate task completion.
- Client Driven - Cornerstone values the opinions of the clients that have their hands in the system daily. Suggestions from clients often become new software/functionality for all clients to use.
- Community - The accessibility to assistance in a time of needs is uncanny. There is always someone (CSOD employees, CSOD clients, etc) at your fingertips in my time of need.
- Robust - The customization capability within the system is unlike any other. We have custom pages in order to drive our associates where they need to be and what will fit their needs the best. Integration with other items (Lynda.com for example) to allow maximum impact for our employees.
- Support - The actual support structure (when a case is logged) is a bit slow.
- Cost - everything can be done for a cost. There are some things that can only be done from CSOD side and they can provide that to us for an additional fee.
Up until 3 years ago, my company never had a formal training function or department. Training was delivered piecemeal and oftentimes as an afterthought. After there was a case made to the C-level, a training unit was established. One of the first goals of my team was to select, implement and launch a learning management system.
Enter Cornerstone OnDemand. We selected Cornerstone as a sister company has used their Learning module for over 5 years now. We rolled it out to our users to deliver, administrate and track training. We’ve been live to our user base for 2 months now. It’s been a godsend for our users as they’re able to go to one central location and take training. Our management teams love it as well, as it gives them a bigger picture of how their employees are doing on goals that are given to them.
- The end user interface is streamlined and straightforward.
- The search functionality is extremely powerful and intuitive. Users are able to quickly locate training resources.
- The reporting capabilities for managers and administrators are easy to use and allow you to pinpoint exact details you need.
- Cornerstone allows you to structure your product to model organization needs; we have 14 divisions based upon our subsidiaries.
- Cornerstone hosts user groups quarterly so that you can learn best practices from others. This has been extremely helpful.
- Cornerstone's client success center really helps troubleshoot your own issues before you have to contact support.
- The administrator interface is not at all intuitive. It takes many hours to fully comprehend how to function as an admin.
- The ingestion of users from your HRIS or Active Directory is difficult and time consuming. It took us 8 months to figure out the intricacies of how users are ingested into the system.
- While most of the support team is nice and friendly, I've come across a few that were condescending and rude. Also, if you want immediate answers, you must call. It seems that their email help team takes a long time to respond.
- Ease of use for the end-user for goal entry/management and performance review completion.
- Ease of navigation around the LMS, especially for those who are not as savvy on computers. Large buttons and text make it easy to read.
- Great reporting features, giving lots of options to our leaders to help manage their departments.
- In the implementation process, Cornerstone uses a variety of third party vendors to manage different aspects of the build. Vendor management is not a strong suit of Cornerstone, and we struggled with the administrative piece from several vendors through this process. When dealing directly with Cornerstone, however, this was typically not an issue.
- The Certification module is not user-friendly and needs to be updated. We have been told for quite some time that it was slotted to receive an update, but it still causes issues with our end-users (not easy to use), and our administrators (building and managing the certification module is extremely frustrating).
- Easy to navigate to areas of the platform
- Reports at a fingertip with various information available
- Access to records for review to stay up to date and knowledgeable of the training needs
- I don't have as much experience from the administrative side but from what I have used the system seems pretty straight forward and easy to use.
- Integrates learning, development and performance into one application.
- Updates and enhances the system on a regular basis.
- Integrates with other applications such as HRIS easily.
- It would be nice for more control over some of the back-end fixes.
- It could be more intuitive for end users.
- They are a growing company and they listen well to users about enhancements.
- They have a solid customer service front, from implementation to post-go-live.
- Beyond what users may suggest, they have a well communicated vision for the direction of enhancements they want to implement themselves.
- The ATS is still developing. It has a good foundation - but needs more process friendly re-development/enhancements.
- We have a unique customized project that has been pushed out in development several times, resulting in us pushing our go live date. (That being said, we know they're working hard on it.)
- Flexible and robust dynamic assignment of learning. Cornerstone allows you to assign any learning object, path, or certification with a multitude of flexibility. It can be as manual or automatic as you prefer as you are able to create assignments based on hire date, location, manager, job title, status, or any combination of those Org Units along with several others.
- Robust flexibility of features or functions you want your end users to see or be able to access.These permissions may also be as simple or as complex as you would like. Allows for multiple levels of admins on the system simultaneously.
- Customized reporting with ability to share customized reports out. Custom reports may be set up to email within specific frequency to specific individuals or departments. Data is refreshed every 15 minutes. This allows for data transparency and ease.
- A dedicated admin is a must. Anyone can be taught the basic administrative features and functions, but it truly takes a dedicated admin to have eyes on the inherent complexity of running such a robust system that continues to receive improvements and updates. Cornerstone is a dynamic solution that needs to be maintained in order to maximize the benefits to the organization.
- There are some nuances that are not always the most streamlined. For example, investigating where challenges exist and identifying how they occurred in the first place, can require looking in several different areas within the system. This is something Cornerstone has been actively improving over the last year especially.
- The mobile application still had quite a long way to come before it is robust enough to be relied upon.
Review: "Cornerstone OnDemand provides us with a great product and ability to design processes to suit our business needs."
- At Bryan Health, we believe that Cornerstone OnDemand offers multiple ways to deliver training, this allows us to work closely with our resources to provide the best possible solution and way to train on subject matter.
- At Bryan Health, we have launched close to 300 competency checklists, allowing us to take these from a paper process to an automated on-line paperless process. We have launched these across multiple areas of the organization.
- The automation of performance review process has allowed us to move from paper to an online process.
- Getting used to the support model is something we have struggled with. We understand the rationale behind why they do things how they do, but sometimes it would be nice to call 1 person for all our needs.
- The system is so expansive and large, it's sometimes hard to understand the implications of doing things certain ways, even with lots of testing.
- End user experience is good. It is intuitive and easy to navigate. It has consistent look and feel across all modules.
- Reports and dashboards are easy to create.
- Limited out of the box configuration for performance, ATS and compensation modules.
- ATS module is not mature.
Cornerstone OnDemand Review: "A user-friendly and easy-to-configure solution in constant development!"
- User-friendly (design, functionalities)
- Easy to configure by ourselves
- Constantly evolving with the market needs to improve the services offered (e.g. communities)
- Cloud technology
- Profile management is quite difficult to handle at the beginning
- HR Administration side could be more developped
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cornerstone OnDemand
One unified cloud platform to recruit, train, and manage people
According to the vendor, the company is pioneering solutions to help organizations realize the potential of the modern workforce. Cornerstone is designed to enable a lifetime of learning and development that is fundamental to the growth of employees and organizations.
The Cornerstone Talent Management Suite includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including Applicant Tracking, Onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, Learning Experience (LXP), and Learning Content)
- Cornerstone Performance (including Succession Planning and compensation)
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics and benchmarking)
Cornerstone brings all the critical elements of HCM under one roof, delivered securely from the cloud.
Cornerstone helps more than 33 million people in 192 countries and in 43 languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Video
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages: ||43 languages|