Reviews (1-25 of 125)
- Engaging videos! Their training is interesting to watch. It is short, sweet, and straight to the point.
- I like the short quizzes afterward to test knowledge. Find it effective in determining if someone got the essentials out of the course.
- Love our Cornerstone OnDemand reps - whenever we need help, they are amazing!
- I wish I could upload users to the portal, especially when we have large training classes. Our rep can do this for us, I would like to do so if possible. (this may be an option, I am just not aware)
- I wish our HRIS system could feed over to Nonprofit Ready. This would help avoid manual inputs and changes.
- It works well on laptops.
- People can generally find the classes they need using the search bar.
- The administrative function is clunky and not the most user-friendly. Entering a course description seems to require knowledge of HTML and takes a long time.
- It's not the most user-friendly interface. (To be fair, we're using the old module and are in the process of switching to the new Learner Center home-page).
- When people receive class information, they receive an Outlook invitation. When class details change, it would be really helpful to have a way to automatically update the Learner's Outlook invitation with the new information.
- It would be nice if CSOD were more proactive about providing guidance on how to use their tool.
- IT would be incredibly valuable for CSOD to conduct formal usability studies on CSOD. It's not intuitive to Learners.
- For some reason, the mobile version of CSOD doesn't let us display all our classes. It would be great to have a fully functioning mobile version.
- It would be helpful if we could have multiple people get notified when a Learner registers for training because we have dual reporting (e.g. the Learner's manager AND his/her Engagement Manager). Both people need to know the Learner's schedule.
- Easy to build courses without needing an LMS admin
- Easy to transfer courses from a different LMS to this system
- The system is very user friendly and it's easy to learn and navigate with minimal training.
- I wish that most systems adapted a drag and pull system when adding courses when creating learning paths, this is one of those systems that doesn't do that.
- Standard reports are good and being able to customize reports is helpful since departments look for different criteria.
- Learning Library is useful and contains up to date training information and options.
- Ease of use setting up new employees.
- The re-versioning of SOP's can be challenging.
- Not being able to delete, only to deactivate, individually, would be of benefit to do mass deletes or de-activations.
- I would like to also be able to delete from transcripts.
- Cornerstone is always creating new avenues for users when they realize there's a gap in our needs versus what the site provides.
- OnDemand has so many educational tools on hand for us to research topics on LMS functionality and mindfulness!
- Cornerstone is constantly looking to develop its platform for its user's needs.
- When patches go through, sometimes there can be glitches that are unexpected. It would be great if we could get notice beforehand regarding these snafus.
- Always improving, one of the very few 100% Agile shops. Their engagement of user requests and experiences as well as their openness to change up the road map with less rigidity provides for a platform that is more malleable to the current and future needs.
- Their integration to all things Learning and Talent that an organization of any size needs.
- The 360 feedback that was originally just part of performance, but after I encouraged a modified functionality cross for my client NYC ACS for a 6-month training program they were developing, between Performance and Learning without having to engage in the full Performance module license or process, has more recently been added solution-wide for others.
- We still need further work on integration with HR systems, which the newer HR Suite has begun to address.
- Need to not move from their Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Solution partner to AWS. Instead, they need to move to the Microsoft AZURE services that have integration points with AWS and other systems, while maintaining stronger technology infrastructure.
- Improve on their offerings for SMBs, their newer SMB package is a start, needs a lot of work.
- Online office hours
- Implementation team
- Ability to manage from anywhere
- Customer service (can be on hold for hours)
- Online resources are tooooooooooo daunting.
- Not able to customize the look of the system, icons, etc.
This biggest problem this solves is the automation of inefficient processes to create a great user experience for our team.
- Assignment of curricula and courses
- Integration of performance, succession and learning to help us evaluate and remediate talent gaps
- Great user experience
- Career pathing. Must have career pathing.
- Defined workflows and decisions points within the recruiting process that eliminate manual decision points. Automate and excuse applicants as much as we can.
- More APIs for integration of external services.
- Organizations looking to manage Talent, Talent Gap analysis and remediation
- Great User Experience and ability to customize the user experience
- Simplified process for working in complex organizations
- High volume recruiting
- Connection with external applications to process portions of the HCM workflow
- Heavy career pathing requirements
- Makes learning easily accessible.
- Allows learning to be accessed onDemand.
- Personal platform engages learners.
- Admin features.
- Not happy with outsource of GPS.
- More customization of admin features and layout.
Library of learning in one place.
- Learning Management is their strong suit and where they started. It is robust and addresses many of our needs as it can be customized in some ways to fit the business.
- The recruiting platform really hits many of the check boxes for what a company needs to have a fully automated process. It time stamps and tracks all the metrics needed to understand how well the recruiting effort is doing.
- Cornerstone is constantly updating their modules to better serve their customers. This has been seen in the Learning and recruiting modules.
- Pricing! When we first contracted with Cornerstone OnDemand, their pricing was very competitive and implementation was extremely fair. However, now they have implementation fees that can raise the cost to a ludicrous level and that takes away from their good product.
- Turnover: We have had several "Client Success Managers" over the short time we have had Cornerstone OnDemand as well as three Sales Reps.
- The performance system is not very modern. Difficult to create and track development plans and reviews. The idea of always having to create a task is inconvenient and archaic in my opinion. They could make the processes much easier.
- Succession Planning needs a lot of work!
- Great customer service. Staff at Cornerstone are very responsive. They are knowledgeable about the products and they are always able to provide a solution. They really listen to our feedback and comments and I know they are constantly working on things in order to make the system better and more efficient.
- Easy to implement. They made it an easy and hassle-free process for me. They really took the time explaining to me how the system worked and what information was needed. I know they are always there to help if I don't understand something.
- I don't think the system allows multiple managers to do the review. It happened to our organizations several times that when two managers are asked to complete a review for the same employee because the person was transferred from one department to another within review year.
- Drag and drop filters for Custom Reporting 2.0 is nice.
- Training assignments.
- Dashboards need improvement
- More field custom customization with SQL operations and the ability to modify column headings that would be nice.
- A nice addition would be exception reporting for performance.
- The LMS is user friendly. It allows for easy content replacement with reversioning.
- The user interface is friendly and appealing. Like Netflix, you can browse with ease.
- Communicating upcoming enhancements.
- Too many easy fixes require a call to their technical team.
- Not enough admin access to truly make the system our own.
- Their Help Desk leaves something to be desired. The response times are terrible.
- Easy to upload learning content
- Helps us to manage completions
- Great for keeping historical data
- Some completions are not tracked
- Lots of steps involved in uploading content
- Long delay between completion and marking the completion on user history
- Reporting is easy and intuitive- the new Reporting 2.0 allows you to drag and drop fields and instantly see the results.
- It is very easy to create and manage learning assignments
- You have the ability to create custom web pages so that you can bring in custom content and personalize your user experience.
- Some tasks such as data entry or system settings can be manual and labor intensive. If you have 50 training sessions that need to be modified -- there isn't a mass way to make edits.
- Loading in historical training data can be a pain. The Data Load Wizard isn't user friendly and requires a lot of trial and error.
- The survey functionality needs to be improved. Admins should be able to generate surveys on the fly ( like SurveyMonkey.)
Cornerstone is less appropriate with organizations that want to promote a more "free" learning experience. The process of requesting a training and being directed to another screen to launch it isn't very user friendly. I would like to see the ability to browse through training with a you-tube like experience in mind. There are likely some overall settings that can make this a reality, but if you plan to house compliance training in the same LMS this could be difficult to manage.
- Tracking of recurring training automatically via the use of certifications.
- Powerful reporting engine with real-time data.
- New, modern Learner Home UI.
- No dynamic training extensions based on on-leave or deployed user dates.
- Certification UI is not very intuitive to the end-user.
- Customer service response times has been a pain point, although much improvement has been made in this area recently.
- Creating playlists
- Managing email templates
- Creating certificates and custom pages
- Reporting 2.0 could be improved.
- Generating deep links should be easier along with the learning object.
- There are many layers to some of the functionality.
- I liked the reports.
- I like the groups.
- I like the transcripts.
- Improvement in data load wizard, especially in reference to session loading. While the wizard works properly, when I am loading a session I continue to get an error message. I've submitted a help desk case, but am still having problems with it.
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cornerstone OnDemand
One unified cloud platform to recruit, train, and manage people
The vendor states that Cornerstone is a recognized global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. The Cornerstone Talent Management Suite includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including applicant tracking, employee onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, learning experience platform (LXP), and learning content)
- Cornerstone Performance (including performance management, succession planning, compensation planning, and employee engagement )
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics and benchmarking)
According to the vendor, Cornerstone’s HCM platform is successfully used by more than 3,500 global clients of all sizes, spanning over 40 million users across 180 countries and 43 languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Video
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||43 languages|