Reviews (1-25 of 124)
Cornerstone's robust features within system emails and reporting, along with an admin friendly portal, we have implemented:
Brand Standard Service Training to 65,000 team members, via in-person, instructor-led training.
Leadership Conferences with 1800+ attendees over 3 days as well as other large conference-style training programs.
Leadership Curriculum tied to our performance reviews
Leadership and General Onboarding Programs, and all Compliance training.
- Custom email configuration allows us to communicate not only the expectations but help our team members understand what is asked of them. The ability to target messages based on completion of items allow team members to take the next steps and stay focused on their learning and development.
- Robust reporting - coupled with experienced LMS admins with excellent analytical skills, you can track progress with a high level of accuracy.
- We have a LinkedIn Learning integration which has been a grand slam, in less than a year we have over 10,000-course completions. I personally have developed a "thirst to learn" because of this tremendous partnership and the easy to access content on my mobile device.
- Custom Pages, we have over 50,000+ team members without company email and we use Custom pages as a Bulletin Board to layout all details for our career development program. This keeps our team members in the loop at all times.
- If you have a dynamic, talented team which I am fortunate to have, who is eager to use this LMS with an excellent attitude you can make a great impact on your organization and truly develop a culture of learning and accountability.
- On the Cornerstone side, work is being done to make certifications easier...this is my weaker area, they are confusing. Perhaps they should build more "templates" in the certification area that can be copied such as 3-year expiration certifications.
- In the Organization Unit area, we create groups all the time because every training, especially compliance has very unique criteria. Groups need to be easier to edit, this is a pain point for us because we are a large organization with over 2000 departments and over 2000 position IDs.
- Ability to upload SCORM course content created by various authoring platforms.
- Ability to report on a variety of aspects of both performance and learning.
- Support from Cornerstone as well as from client communities (regional user groups, special interest groups, etc.).
- Some functionality works in one area, but not others. For example, in a search field sometimes hitting return will complete the search and other times, you need to hit the search icon.
- Quarterly releases of new functions are almost too much to keep up with. Cornerstone could complete more thorough testing on fewer features prior to releases.
- Clients are shifted from one Client Success Manager to another frequently. I would prefer building a relationship with one CSM and maintaining that relationship.
- It works well on laptops.
- People can generally find the classes they need using the search bar.
- The administrative function is clunky and not the most user-friendly. Entering a course description seems to require knowledge of HTML and takes a long time.
- It's not the most user-friendly interface. (To be fair, we're using the old module and are in the process of switching to the new Learner Center home-page).
- When people receive class information, they receive an Outlook invitation. When class details change, it would be really helpful to have a way to automatically update the Learner's Outlook invitation with the new information.
- It would be nice if CSOD were more proactive about providing guidance on how to use their tool.
- IT would be incredibly valuable for CSOD to conduct formal usability studies on CSOD. It's not intuitive to Learners.
- For some reason, the mobile version of CSOD doesn't let us display all our classes. It would be great to have a fully functioning mobile version.
- It would be helpful if we could have multiple people get notified when a Learner registers for training because we have dual reporting (e.g. the Learner's manager AND his/her Engagement Manager). Both people need to know the Learner's schedule.
- Easy to build courses without needing an LMS admin
- Easy to transfer courses from a different LMS to this system
- The system is very user friendly and it's easy to learn and navigate with minimal training.
- I wish that most systems adapted a drag and pull system when adding courses when creating learning paths, this is one of those systems that doesn't do that.
- Standard reports are good and being able to customize reports is helpful since departments look for different criteria.
- Learning Library is useful and contains up to date training information and options.
- Ease of use setting up new employees.
- The re-versioning of SOP's can be challenging.
- Not being able to delete, only to deactivate, individually, would be of benefit to do mass deletes or de-activations.
- I would like to also be able to delete from transcripts.
- Cornerstone is always creating new avenues for users when they realize there's a gap in our needs versus what the site provides.
- OnDemand has so many educational tools on hand for us to research topics on LMS functionality and mindfulness!
- Cornerstone is constantly looking to develop its platform for its user's needs.
- When patches go through, sometimes there can be glitches that are unexpected. It would be great if we could get notice beforehand regarding these snafus.
- Always improving, one of the very few 100% Agile shops. Their engagement of user requests and experiences as well as their openness to change up the road map with less rigidity provides for a platform that is more malleable to the current and future needs.
- Their integration to all things Learning and Talent that an organization of any size needs.
- The 360 feedback that was originally just part of performance, but after I encouraged a modified functionality cross for my client NYC ACS for a 6-month training program they were developing, between Performance and Learning without having to engage in the full Performance module license or process, has more recently been added solution-wide for others.
- We still need further work on integration with HR systems, which the newer HR Suite has begun to address.
- Need to not move from their Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Solution partner to AWS. Instead, they need to move to the Microsoft AZURE services that have integration points with AWS and other systems, while maintaining stronger technology infrastructure.
- Improve on their offerings for SMBs, their newer SMB package is a start, needs a lot of work.
- Online office hours
- Implementation team
- Ability to manage from anywhere
- Customer service (can be on hold for hours)
- Online resources are tooooooooooo daunting.
- Not able to customize the look of the system, icons, etc.
This biggest problem this solves is the automation of inefficient processes to create a great user experience for our team.
- Assignment of curricula and courses
- Integration of performance, succession and learning to help us evaluate and remediate talent gaps
- Great user experience
- Career pathing. Must have career pathing.
- Defined workflows and decisions points within the recruiting process that eliminate manual decision points. Automate and excuse applicants as much as we can.
- More APIs for integration of external services.
- Organizations looking to manage Talent, Talent Gap analysis and remediation
- Great User Experience and ability to customize the user experience
- Simplified process for working in complex organizations
- High volume recruiting
- Connection with external applications to process portions of the HCM workflow
- Heavy career pathing requirements
- Cornerstone allows us to distribute performance reviews more timely and efficiently for our entire organization.
- Cornerstone allows us to provide real-time feedback to our employees, even those who work remotely.
- Cornerstone has allowed us to store and track all of our policies and job qualification documents.
- I wish there was more visibility from the top down when it comes time to deploy reviews. Our VP's and Managers would like to be able to easily access their team's reviews and progress.
- I would like to see more options available on the Universal Profile. We would really like to have a resume/LinkedIn option without having to purchase the Recruitment module.
- Feature Driven: it has something for everyone
- Custom reports are a great plus
- Customizable home screen is huge
- Some of the features are buried or hard to find.
- Complex means for assigning training. I'd prefer a single click at times.
- Continuously providing more features to meet clients business needs.
- An active community of users that are always willing to help other companies out.
- Full transparency of upcoming release items that will help your organization be proactive during implementation.
- More custom reporting features that would allow de-duplication and group-by.
- Making all IDs available in custom reporting.
- Cornerstone has a wide variety of functions, reaching every area of learning experiences.
- Its core functions and capabilities are easy to use and intuitive.
- We are really wanting to expand our use of the observation checklist, but the interface online has not been updated in some time.
- Some of the administrator interfaces need updating.
- All user interfaces need to be mobile responsive rather than just mainly the Learner Home and player.
- Integrated modules across all areas.
- Allows for robust performance reviews connected to learning outcomes.
- New support process from CSOD is easier to navigate and more responsive.
- It is an enterprise system--there are many features to learn and more documentation about the ways in which modules interact and overlap would be helpful.
Not suitable for someone looking for quick and easy out of the box configuration.
- CSOD provides a robust system with a lot of functionality while allowing a wide scope of customization. We are not yet using all the functionality in the Learning Suite, but have significant opportunities to expand our methods of providing education in the future.
- CSOD provides many resources for help and optimization along the way including client communities, regional meetings, daily office hours, online learning modules, access to Client Success Managers and Global Product Support.
- A 3rd party company was used for our implementation and we have discovered along the way that some functionality/configurations were missed or best practices not adequately identified. The consultant was extremely kind and helpful. The Client Success Managers after implementation have been great at helping through best practice scenarios.
- As with any system, there is some functionality we would like to see available or done differently. CSOD offers a community to leave suggestions where other clients vote on them. Then their development team evaluates for consideration in future updates.
- Provides unlimited online free training and resources.
- Quarterly updates to enhance the product.
- There are separate development, testing, and production environments which is standard. However, you must rebuild everything from scratch in Production once you have it the way you would like to see it in staging. This includes custom links and pages.
- Most support that requires a technical team comes with a cost!
On the other hand, after that time frame passed I no longer had the direct line of communication. I had to either sign up for an available office hour or open a ticket. They resolved my issue, just not as fast.
- Updates and new releases - Cornerstone OnDemand is top notch when it comes to improving their product.
- Exceptional community, the user groups, and community are engaged, aware, and insightful - network opportunities abound.
- The integration with LinkedIn Learning alone makes this one of the most instant and rich learning experiences on the market. It will only improve as Cornerstone OnDemand begins producing their own content as well.
- Product support - although ticketing is a challenge, there is a lot of change occurring in that sphere. It has improved a lot over the course of the past year, and I look forward to what the end result will be.
- The software itself is a millennial, and has the same sort of quirks but it gets the job done.
- As an admin, learning the language areas and understanding the nuance of terms has been a challenge. I am consistently reminding my stakeholders that the term they are using refers to a different area of the system which causes confusion. This has more to do with CornerStone OnDemand being around for so long, meaning there's been plenty of time for some things to be named similar enough to confuse things.
- Makes learning easily accessible.
- Allows learning to be accessed onDemand.
- Personal platform engages learners.
- Admin features.
- Not happy with outsource of GPS.
- More customization of admin features and layout.
Library of learning in one place.
- Cornerstone's support structure is top notch. Whenever an issue comes up, there are multiple resources available to find the most appropriate solution.
- Cornerstone actively updates their different modules to make sure their programs are up-to-date on the industries latest trends and functionalities.
- Cornerstone's new analytics capabilities increase my companies ability to track KPIs and metrics. Information is the key to making informed decisions, and they provide those resources with a simple click of a button.
- The input of training records could definitely be improved. They have been working hard to update this process, but still could have some work done.
- Their succession module is functional but not as seamless as the rest of the modules.
- Create their own HRIS system so that companies don't have to have additional expenses with the integration with the various 3rd parties.
- CSOD's content uploader allows the user to load multiple SCORM files at once, reduces efforts and saves time. This is user-friendly and can be used by non-technical resources in the organization as well.
- Data load wizard (not many other LMS applications have this feature) allows us to load the data in the front-end without any coding or any technical inputs.
- Edge Import is the latest well-known feature, applicable for partners and clients as well, helps to load large amount of data using the pre-defined templates. This has encryption facility as well. We can either create new data or update existing data using Edge Import.
- Reports - CSOD has sets of standard reports. It also has custom reports and a reporting dashboard as well. A highly customizable report can be downloaded as excel and pdf files as well. Custom reporting templates can be shared with others as well.
- All Learning Objects have lots of pre-defined fields which are enough for the organizations, it also has custom field administration. This is used by many of the customers across industries.
- Edge Import is still in the evolving stage, there are couple of fields still missing compared to Data Load Wizard. We are expecting that these fields will be released in the upcoming releases.
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Cornerstone OnDemand
One unified cloud platform to recruit, train, and manage people
Cornerstone is a recognized global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle. The Cornerstone Talent Management Suite includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including applicant tracking, employee onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, learning experience platform (LXP), and learning content)
- Cornerstone Performance (including performance management, succession planning, compensation planning, and employee engagement )
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics and benchmarking)
According to the vendor, Cornerstone’s HCM platform is successfully used by more than 3,500 global clients of all sizes, spanning over 40 million users across 192 countries and 43 languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Video
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||43 languages|