Reviews (1-25 of 198)
- The level of automation that's possible within the system makes repetitive tasks like annual training a breeze when configured appropriately.
- The flexibility of the latest reporting capabilities with Cornerstone OnDemand allows for a vast range of data tracking.
- With good implementation, the system can essentially be configured to capture, track, and house almost any level or kind of data associated with a user.
- Although the system allows for a great deal of flexibility, there are certain areas that are more locked down and do not provide what might actually be available in other parts of the application.
- Sometimes there is a lack of consistency among different pieces of the system that makes for a less fluid user experience than might be possible.
- A lot of companies use Cornerstone so there is a wide scope of users to refer to and learn from.
- It tracks training and learning well.
- Newer features are more user friendly.
- Large base of resources and training to learn functionality.
- Not always the most intuitive to use (recent updates have made some improvements to that.
- Most updates are for end user so the admin side is a bit more clunky.
- Previously service time has been slow (haven't had any recent issues).
- This doesn't have an interactive meeting platform within it you need to purchase one to integrate.
- There isn't a location to put vILT (virtual instructor led training) info such as a meeting link that you could copy and paste in. You have to have some integration and each cost money per year.
- limited budgets for Cornerstone are not the best. They have so much functionality but each piece is an additional amount of money. We only have one.
- The certifications do not function as they're supposed to. I was told by a rep not to use them.
In my opinion if you have the money for all the units and the add ins or have some team in house that can do that sort of thing it's a very thorough product, but without all the extras it's lacking.
If you have the money for the additional integrations and tools Cornerstone also interacts with a myriad of various virtual classrooms and catalogs of content.
As the Cornerstone Systems, Learning and Performance administrator,
I have been able to provide a wide variety of both learning and performance
solutions to our organisation.
In the performance space we have created Observation
Checklists to assess technical competencies, and also for Quarterly Performance
Reviews using role-related competencies. Managers love the structured format
and the ability to add observation notes on an ongoing basis.
In a nutshell, Cornerstone has enabled us to grow and develop
our people at the same time as fulfilling management reporting and audit
- The ability to easily track the assignment and completions of all the tasks, and the ability to produce real-time reports has revolutionised our training and performance management areas. It is now a simple and easy process to provide reports for auditors and for management reporting. This has enhanced manager’s ability to keep track of their team’s progress.
- In the learning space, we have created in-house training, uploaded SCORM files from external providers to create online courses and created materials which link to external training websites. All the training assignment and completion is easily tracked and reported on. The users find the access through Cornerstone easy to use.
- It would be great if the Performance module had the same reporting features as the Learning Module. I find I have to design my own reports using Reporting 2.0, whereas I just use the Standard Reports in Learning, as they have everything I need.
- Again, it would be nice if assigning the Performance Tasks had something like the Learning Assignment Tool where you can easily assign and track assignments.
- I find the Custom Reports difficult to create and the on-line help is not very helpful in this area!
the learning space, we have created in-house training, uploaded SCORM files
from external providers to create online courses, and created materials which
link to external training websites.
For example we have created job role specific inductions. These are made up of a variety of materials, including: videos, policies and procedures, notes, tests, checklists.
We have created online courses using the Content Uploader to utilise SCORM files purchased from external providers.
We track progress and completion of all learning modules for management reporting and audit purposes.
Managers can now track exactly what training each of their staff have completed and still have to completed, improving performance management.
We have created materials which provide access to external websites for the completion of mandatory training. This allows us to track and report on completion rates.
I find online help very useful in most areas except for Custom Reports.
On occasion I have used the local mobile number to solve urgent issues - bear in mind you need to have opened a case and have a case number before you call,
For our users - especially those not very computer literate, and for whom using a PC is a small part of their work, I create very detailed training guides which include screenshots with arrows pointing where to click. The training you provide to users must be at their level of understanding, and this will set you up for successful implementation of Cornerstone in your organisation. This applies especially in the Performance module which can be a bit trickier than the Learning module.
- Show users all performance review questions at once, so they can fill in questions as desired.
- Show and allow users to download past reviews, to understand an employee's past performance.
- Customization. Editing the performance review questions was limited and confusing.
- Saving work. Dozens of employees would type directly into the performance review question boxes only for the system to refresh and not save their work. This is because the system logs you out after a short time on the website.
- Organizations with performance review processes that they do not need to customize.
- Organizations that already use the product in other use cases and are looking to centralize all their HR and performance management details in one place.
Not well suited:
- Any organizations that need to customize question content, question flow, or the user experience.
- Tech-first environments where employees will feel frustrated by the user experience of being logged out quickly or have their work not saved.
- Learner home/layout
- Continuous Improvement
- Deprecation of tools (often in the name of continuous quality improvement).
- Would like additional ways to "slice and dice" data -- i.e. by hire date.
- More robust support
- Online Resources
- Knowledgeable Employees
The biggest gain is the ease of access to training, which allows us to train faster and faster.
(-) For smaller companies (5000) the cost benefit may not be worth it.
- Mobile app.
- Tools for content creation - Playlists, Curriculum, Learner Home, Featured Training, etc.
- Customization! Almost every element can be changed to exactly how we want it.
- There are a lot of resources for help, which is great, but there are a mix of locations to find them. It would be nice if they were all in one central location.
- The HR Suite product is very basic. I am hoping the new merger with Saba will help improve this tool.
- They don't have a way to roll up changes in the pilot portal into the production portal, so when you test changes, you then have to manually made those updates in production. I've worked with software elsewhere that they can just push those changes into production.
- LMS database has condensed our catalog into a manageable library.
- LXP allows for a great user interface that is visually pleasing and easy to use.
- Reporting has been more flexible than any other LMS.
- There is so much customization, it can be unwieldy for admins.
- The test engine is confusing to use.
- Reporting 2.0 can be difficult to get used to.
- Help documents for learning
- Training on products
- Flexibility of products
- Observation checklists can be tricky to navigate
- Updating content and how that affects Curriculum/re-versioning
- Certification management can be frustrating for expired users
- Removing content for terminated employees could be easier, instead of removing content item by item, would be nice to be able to remove all content from active transcript to removed transcript
- User friendly and attractive website design.
- It offers the ability to do online training, or also track face to face, on the job training.
- It's continuously improving with new features to keep up with the growing demand for online learning.
- Rather simple admin interface.
- Some things are too intricate to set up. Emails, for example, are very time-intensive when you are trying to set up 20 reminder emails for training, and you have to do each one individually, instead of copying and pasting.
- Missing functionality of being able to merge employee files, and include any documents you attached in one of the files. This is a big hardship for us.
- I wish users could assign training using a checklist type page. Many people want to be able to assign things in bulk.
- The email notifications are wonderful. They remind folks of training and notify them of assignments.
- Allowing us to track compliance for the University and our volunteers.
- Allowing managers to manage employee learning.
- The use of interest lists has been a struggle for us. There is no email address so that we can communicate with those on the interest list.
- The evaluation reports are not great. There should be more robust reports and functionality in the evaluation portion.
- The cost is fairly high.
- Onboarding new hires.
- Tracking training through individual transcript.
- Reporting on training.
- Help with look and feel of homepage.
- Presenting the best options of training for learners.
- Having best reports built out, ready-made.
- SSO ease of access for employees is awesome, in particular with a small team to manage it.
- Securities are great so that we can have Department Administrators be the super admin for their specific department training.
- We were able to brand it and make it look personalized to our County.
- Use of email administration to set up reminders and also notifications has alleviated a huge manual workload issue.
- Robust system and really required dedicated staff time to implement and launch. It would have been helpful to know this at the get go.
- Integration with MS Teams would really help our organization.
- Focused training with a live person at the beginning of implementation.
Our eLearning created through Storyline looks great and is easy to upload SCORM to the system and "curate" for the learner with appropriate.
- User experience.
- Admin tools are quick and easy to use.
- Platform works to promote learning strategies.
- Finding some compatibility issues with IE that tech team is unable to explain or help with.
- Exam functionality is not sophisticated.
- Acknowledgement courses have too many steps for users - could be streamlined.
- Very easy from an admin perspective to build curriculum.
- Has some very good standard reports that assist with collecting data.
- Easy navigation from a learner's perspective.
- Communities is a little challenging adding the learning and discussions boards - lots of clicking around to get where you want.
- More question type capabilities in the exams.
- Evaluations - if I change the Likert scale the report defaults back to the standard and I have to manually edit the report to show the actual scale.
A more seamless social capabilities tied to learning activities would be great. As mentioned there are lots of clicks to get where you need to be if you have a learning object in a community and then the learner needs to respond to a post.
- Robust admin capabilities.
- Ease of use both administratively and for our end-users.
- Reversioning with reporting - it's a bit clunky to have agile-type training where we expect learners to go through training more than once. Reporting becomes a lot more manual in these scenarios.
- Reporting is tricky - there's a learning curve to understand how to get the right information. I know work is being done in reporting 2.0 but I would love to see more template reports for common reports your customers use.
- Allows you to upload your own content.
- Allows you to customize to your own needs.
- Maintains relevance with quarterly updates.
- Versioning online classes.
- Adding additional reporting and analytics fields.
- Revamp of Communities/Connect.
- Evolving System
- Lots of Resources
- Difficult to learn the system (takes time)
- I appreciate the customization, but the natural interface could be a little better
- More 1:1 training opportunities with Cornerstone Admin
- Reporting - able to quickly pull reports and share with shareholders.
- Notifications - employees receive initial notification and reminders before and after a due date.
- Instructor-Led Sessions - employees can view all available ILTs and register for the session that best suits their needs.
- Easily identify and deactivate outdated material.
- Intuitive for users.
- Constantly updating their system on a quarterly basis.
- Strong community of people.
- Certain areas have not bee updated since launch.
- Faster response time for submitted questions.
- Not removing what works well with new features. Add on vs removing.
- User management - Constraints and Permissions
- Numerous Learning Objects - Online, Events, Material, Videos, more...
- Reporting - Both Standard and Custom reporting options
- Admin - Menu Navigation
- Bulk Management of training completions
- Makes it easy for users to find learning opportunities.
- Makes it easy for administrators to track and report on learning.
- Becomes a one-stop shop for learning in the organization.
- Reporting capabilities and functionality.
- UX for some of the functions that are still lacking.
Cornerstone OnDemand Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Cornerstone OnDemand?
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) is a single, unified cloud-based talent management solution that is completely configurable to meet the talent strategy, compliance, business, and workflow needs of any organization.
Organizations today are being disrupted by digital advances that continue to shift the way employees work, learn, and succeed. To be successful in this constantly evolving world, organizations need a modern unified talent management strategy that supports the acquisition of the right skills, alongside ongoing employee development, engagement, and retention.
Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent. The Cornerstone Talent Management Solution includes:
- Cornerstone Recruiting (including applicant tracking, employee onboarding)
- Cornerstone Learning (including LMS, learning experience platform (LXP), certifications, Learn App)
- Cornerstone Performance (including performance reviews, goals, succession planning, compensation, competency management)
- Cornerstone Careers (including one-on-one’s, development plans, goals, pulse surveys, career management)
- Cornerstone HR (including people administration, workforce analytics, benchmarking)
- Cornerstone Content (including 40+ premium partners)
Cornerstone’s people development solutions are used by approximately 6,300 clients of all sizes, spanning more than 75 million users across over 180 countries and nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone OnDemand Screenshots
Cornerstone OnDemand Videos (4)
Cornerstone OnDemand Downloadables
- Unify learning and performance management to drive engagement, productivity, and profits.
- How to develop your employees for the future.
- How to overcome the skills crisis in today’s modern workplace
- The transformation toolkit: how to thrive in the face of market disruption
- How to leverage Cornerstone to develop a stronger workforce
Cornerstone OnDemand Integrations
Cornerstone OnDemand Competitors
Cornerstone OnDemand Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Cornerstone OnDemand Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Cornerstone OnDemand Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||43 languages|